GDT-Boston @ Montreal Game 6

SOOPAVILLIN

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game. I thought the Habs really showed a lot of character. They didn't allow their numerous injuries nor the disallowed goal nor

even the Bruins soft goal to distract them. This is where I think Gainey's revamping of the team shows through.

Tomorrow will be even tougher.

We pushed it to game 7, great. However, the 3rd period was awful. Were the players told to defend on that late powerplay? Instead of attack? What happens in game 7, if we don't get TWO 5-3 powerplays? If most of us are sick of this rope-a-dope style, how must the players feel? The way this team plays must drive Kirk Muller crazy. He never played like that.

Just landed - waited anxiously to check the score and great news - game 7!!!

I got in trouble from the stewardess at take off when I didn't turn off my iPhone, ibut it was worth it - comforting having to turn it off when the Habs took the 2-1 lead.

I won't be able to see the highlights until I get home. Was the Lucic hit bad enough to warrant a suspension?

Edited by hab29RETIRED

We pushed it to game 7, great. However, the 3rd period was awful. Were the players told to defend on that late powerplay? Instead of attack? What happens in game 7, if we don't get TWO 5-3 powerplays? If most of us are sick of this rope-a-dope style, how must the players feel? The way this team plays must drive Kirk Muller crazy. He never played like that.

It was a quick whistle away from being 3-1. 2-1 is nothing to sneeze at, most of these games have been one goal games.

The Habs certainly weren't pushing offense in the 3rd but they did a good enough job of collapsing + the ever present luck factor - as evidenced by the final score.

Searching for more goals and being lax on defense is what got us into trouble in game 4 so I can understand the decision to try and hold the lead through the latter half of the 3rd.

It worked for games one and two.

We won. There is going to be a game 7. It's been an exciting night.

They did and they won.

Why are you playing the if and or but game?

That game changes with each perspective. What if Cammalleri's shot in Game 5 didn't hit Chara's leg? What if DD didn't get hurt? What if Marchand choked on his empty net in Game 5 like he did tonight?

This series was a pick em and it still is a pick em.

Whoever gets the beaks in Game 7 will win.

As it should be Joe.

I can't imagine how frustrating it might be to be at work instead of on the couch.

Yeh, I'm stuck at work tonight and tomorrow night (well yesterday and tonight, technically). I'd consider burning some more vacation days to take in the game, but every time I've done that, the Habs have lost... so looks like I'm working for game 7.

GO HABS GO!!!

I would also be VERY surprised if there was a suspension, especially on the door step of game 7.

Me too. Given that Spaceman returned, I doubt they even consider a suspension.

That may be the first time I've ever seen 'NESN broadcast' and 'balanced' in the same sentence.

I did say in comparison to the Bruins' loving wankers on CBC. I mean when Bob Cole is the one who is providing the only pro-habs comments c'mon.

It would be a gross injustice if Lucic doesn't get the same suspension ruttu recieved on erat. If he plays game 7 it will once again be favoritism to Campbells kids team....

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

It would be a gross injustice if Lucic doesn't get the same suspension Erat recieved. If he plays game 7 it will once again be favoritism to Campbells kids team....

As much as I like the rough stuff, and I do like how Lucic plays, that was a blatant hit from behind high into the boards. To-date, I have been one that thinks the NHL have done pretty good job. I think Lucic is done for this series and possibly a game or two should Boston advance. Interesting if they should go that way, is how many games that might mean next year in the regular season should Boston lose.

Well they did enough to win thanks to Price. The 5 on 3's obviously helped.

They will have to be much better offensivley tonight, especially 5 on 5.

I am looking for some others to step up and get some points.

Keys to the win:

Out work the Bruins

3 penalties or less

score 3 goals

clear the front of the net

finish your opportunities

Some schlub Bruins fan on Twitter last night: "if not for the BS 5 on 3s, Thomas would've had a shutout!" My response: in this fictional world you're creating, I'd like to point out that he had a goal against 5 on 5 called back. Also, the penalties that led to those 5 on 3s were pretty obvious: too many men, breaking a stick on a slash, hitting from behind, puck over the glass. Yep, definitely the refs had it in for Boston last night!

It's really amazing how some fans will think. I mean, I know Price dove on the Bergeron interference call. Goalies always dive on those situations. But every one of those 4 Bruins calls that led to the 5 on 3s should be automatic.

Anyways, some sloppy play, and Mara-Sopel are getting torched by the Kelly-Ryder line. I actually like Spacek better with Hamrlik than Wiz as far as playing against the Bergeron line.

Need one more big game.

Oh, and the Habs benched their useless LW who took bad, dangerous penalties. Doubt the Bruins will do the same. I really hope Lucic is the reason the Bruins lose... man, that'd be perfect.

Random observations:

I haven't seen Gomez skate with that kind of eye-goggling speed in a while. When he is in full flight he is one of the most spectacular players in hockey. Now if only he'd do that every night...but I'll settle for his doing it again in Game 7.

All those saying the Habs were outplayed and got lucky overlook the legitimate goal that was stolen by the refs, and the fact that the Bruins had ALL the breaks over the last few games. We were due for something to break our way.

I don't like the lack of a day off. It hurts us more than the Bruins, since we're the more banged-up club. A day off might have made a difference for Wisniewski. Oh well. This ain't a club that seeks excuses.

Mike Cammalleri is one of the great playoff performers of his generation. Brilliant signing by Bob.

Brian Gionta may not be the most talented guy on the planet, but he is full value for the 'C' on that jersey. His play has incarnated the best of the Habs's tradition. Which is really saying something.

Finally: let's call a spade a shovel. The Bruins are a great opponent. Look at the way they tied it up in the first two minutes of the second period. They did EXACTLY what they needed to do, and they've been doing that most of the series. This series has been awesome, and it's because you have two strong teams bringing out the best from each other. On the eve of Game 7, I tip my hat to them.

NOW LET'S GO GET THE WIN AND LEAVE THOSE F*CKERS CRYING! :habslogo::habslogo::habslogo::habslogo:

:1gohabs:

NOW LET'S GO GET THE WIN AND LEAVE THOSE F*CKERS CRYING! :habslogo::habslogo::habslogo::habslogo:

Hear Hear Cucs!!!

The Boston tears will flow tonight once they realize they are out of the playoffs.

No better place for Boston to lose than in the Garden.

Go Habs Go!!!

P.S.

Who's doing the honors with the game thread? Soops, beginners luck seemed to work out well.

I need a place to wax poetic about another Montreal victory.

Edited by BrenDittero

Who's doing the honors with the game thread? Soops, beginners luck seemed to work out well.

I need a place to wax poetic about another Montreal victory.

It should be Soops but if it's not up by 2 PM EST, it's open to whoever wants it.

Also, no suspension for Lucic as some here were hoping for.

Cammalleri - 25:13

Plekanec - 25:07

Gionta had over 24 minutes too.

The only Hab to get more icetime last night was Subban!

I don't think I've ever heard of three non-superstar forwards getting so much icetime, even more than all the d-men, in a non-overtime game.

Martin really shows a lot of confidence in these three and Gomez (20 mins) to play them so much.

I like how you always find something positive to say on Gomez :thumbs_up:

BTW, Cammy is now the league's leading scorer.. Might be worth mentioning.

For starters, he had a pretty good game overall. I actually thought the stat was more of an insult the way I phrased it, given his ineptitude on the draw the first 5 games. I had commented on that in the HW Recap so I was obligated to point out the fact that the tables turned for at least one night.

Random observations:

I haven't seen Gomez skate with that kind of eye-goggling speed in a while. When he is in full flight he is one of the most spectacular players in hockey. Now if only he'd do that every night...but I'll settle for his doing it again in Game 7.

All those saying the Habs were outplayed and got lucky overlook the legitimate goal that was stolen by the refs, and the fact that the Bruins had ALL the breaks over the last few games. We were due for something to break our way.

I don't like the lack of a day off. It hurts us more than the Bruins, since we're the more banged-up club. A day off might have made a difference for Wisniewski. Oh well. This ain't a club that seeks excuses.

Mike Cammalleri is one of the great playoff performers of his generation. Brilliant signing by Bob.

Brian Gionta may not be the most talented guy on the planet, but he is full value for the 'C' on that jersey. His play has incarnated the best of the Habs's tradition. Which is really saying something.

Finally: let's call a spade a shovel. The Bruins are a great opponent. Look at the way they tied it up in the first two minutes of the second period. They did EXACTLY what they needed to do, and they've been doing that most of the series. This series has been awesome, and it's because you have two strong teams bringing out the best from each other. On the eve of Game 7, I tip my hat to them.

Spot on post CC.

Random observations:

In all fairness, Price laid an egg on that goal.

I knew the second that they called back the Gionta goal and the two 5 on 3s that the losing team would complain to make themselves feel better.

50/50 has proven correct. There have been all types of tiny breaks that have determined this series. The 2 OT opportunities that Thomas overplayed and the Habs couldn't get it by Chara, Marchand missing an open net last night after Price committed too early on Chara etc. I thought last night was one of Price's worst games of the series and he had lady luck on his side. The last minute save wasn't that much different than the Game 4 tying goal. That one just found an opening, last night it did not.

I do not expect to see a 5-0 ass whipping like we got in 2008. The one who gets the breaks will likely win tonight.

The Bruins haven't won a Game 7 since they beat the Habs in 1994. The Habs haven't lost a Game 7 since that same game.

For some reason my mind doesn't expect to be watching hockey this weekend, so I don't have a good feeling about tonight.

No logic, just my gut.