Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Not a lot of hope this kid will ever help the Habs, but Chariot trade still helped get Newhook.

Ty Smilanic: A Prospect on the Hot Seat – HabsWorld.net

"What doesn’t help Smilanic here is the number of prospects that need a contract for 2024-25.  The rest of that group is as follows with their draft ranking in parentheses:

F Blake Biondi (4/109, 2020)
F Jared Davidson (5/130, 2022)
F Cedrick Guindon (4/127, 2022)
D Petteri Nurmi (7/194, 2022)
F Rhett Pitlick (5/131, 2019)
D Miguel Tourigny (7/216, 2022)
F Luke Tuch (2/47, 2020)"

2 hours ago, DON said:

Not a lot of hope this kid will ever help the Habs, but Chariot trade still helped get Newhook.

"What doesn’t help Smilanic here is the number of prospects that need a contract for 2024-25.  The rest of that group is as follows with their draft ranking in parentheses:

His future (however big or small) with the Habs or elsewhere in the NHL now depends on this coming season with Wisconsin ... for his sake, I hope he does well enough to earn a contract ... for the Habs sake I hope he does well enough to at least have some trade value (likely more as an add-on to a trade).

9 hours ago, DON said:

All the ones on the list have pretty long odds of making it to the NHL--as is pretty much expected for late-round picks. On the upside, if a few of them have strong seasons this year, they may well stand out from the crowd and earn an ELC.

Yes, am curious to see how Davidson does in Laval this season.

Quindon is just 19, so who knows yet?

69pts in 68gms & 5pts in 4 playoff games last year.

20 yr old Konyushkov 0pts 21:46 in his 1st KHL game of season.

(He has a December 25th birthday.) 

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

A righty as well. Go bogdan 

konyushkov.jpg

1a 25:39 yesterday (6pts in 9gms 24:39/gm) for the small shifty d-man.

Rohrer 1g; 2g 5games 12:28/gm

Engstrom 2pts 4 gms 20:19/gm

Eriksson  0pts 4gms 9:13/gm

Kapanen 0pts 5games 17:00/gm

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/montreal-canadiens-european-prospect-report-adam-engstrom-konyushkov-kapanen-eriksson-rohrer-volokhin/

A cut above a Norlinder so far?

Not as much worry that his game wont translate?

Wonder how would his stock compare to Hutson?

Will both most likely be in Montreal/Laval in the spring?

I don’t think I have mentioned how much I like Beck lately. Here is some love from others that share the feeling:

https://montrealhockeynow.com/2023/09/27/montreal-canadiens-prospect-owen-beck-future-influenced-nhl-rule-ohl-agreement-laval-habs-transfer-agreement/

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I don’t think I have mentioned how much I like Beck lately. Here is some love from others that share the feeling:

https://montrealhockeynow.com/2023/09/27/montreal-canadiens-prospect-owen-beck-future-influenced-nhl-rule-ohl-agreement-laval-habs-transfer-agreement/

The 67s enter the season projected as one of the better teams in the OHL, even CHL, while Peterborough (to be kind) is not ... maybe James Boyd can pull off a trade so you can watch a lot of his games down at the Civic Centre (I just don't use OSEG's name).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

The 67s enter the season projected as one of the better teams in the OHL, even CHL, while Peterborough (to be kind) is not ... maybe James Boyd can pull off a trade so you can watch a lot of his games down at the Civic Centre (I just don't use OSEG's name).

that would be awesome!

I like watching 67s games

Rohrer went from OHL to Swiss, hope it pays off for the kid.

European Prospect Report: Vinzenz Rohrer’s work ethic drawing praise in Switzerland - Habs Eyes on the Prize

"Montreal will now have four players getting such first-pairing minutes that are important for their development: two will be with the Laval Rocket, and Reinbacher and Engström will be in Europe."

(Assume maybe missed Hutson also 1st paring, not pro i guess)

https://www.rocketlaval.com/en/communique-en/nine-players-have-been-cut-from-training-camp/

Nine players have been cut from training camp

LAVAL – The Laval Rocket announced on Friday that nine players have been cut from training camp, four forwards and five defensemen.

Forwards

Isaac Dufort (QMJHL)

=== >>> Ty Smilanic   <<< ===

Alex-Olivier Voyer (Trois-Rivières)

Nolan Yaremko (Trois-Rivières)

Defensemen

Stanislav Demin

Eric Hjorth (Trois-Rivières)

Noah Laaouan (Trois-Rivières)

Andrew Nielsen (Trois-Rivières)

Christopher Merisier-Ortiz (Trois-Rivières)

A little disappointed Smilanic didn't get a longer look.  Also a little disappointed that he's not going to Trois-Rivieres so what happens next for him?  I'd have liked for Demin to see some time with T-R as well.

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

A little disappointed Smilanic didn't get a longer look.  Also a little disappointed that he's not going to Trois-Rivieres so what happens next for him?  I'd have liked for Demin to see some time with T-R as well.

It is unexpected and surprised from HughGort given how well he seems to have been managing assets

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

It is unexpected and surprised from HughGort given how well he seems to have been managing assets

Unexpected and disappointing, sure. But did he do enough in either training camp to earn a longer look, especially given his performance last season? That may be where the disappointment lies.