Injury news

Commandant

Any timeline for Parros?

Nope and he did not travel with the team. He will probably get looked at for his concussions and see if his motor skills are still up to snuff.

The general rule of thumb for concussions is that you wait until you're 2 weeks symptom-free before you gradually begin exercising again.

Guest Stogey24

Nope and he did not travel with the team. He will probably get looked at for his concussions and see if his motor skills are still up to snuff.

Bell Rung centre is what that place should be called. Freaky place man.

The general rule of thumb for concussions is that you wait until you're 2 weeks symptom-free before you gradually begin exercising again.

Pretty much. Parros isn't a science guy but he is an economics guy. He's probably calculated how early he can go back without fear of set back, as opposed to how much money he'd make coming in early. He then probably counted some of his shirt money and went back to watching cartoons.

Have we got anything on Gorges? If he is down, we pretty much have to send for more help. We still need coverage for two more games on the road after tonight.

Game-time decision is something I've seen associated with him so far which would suggest it isn't serious. It's likely too late to pull Pateryn (or someone) up from Hamilton so they won't be adding for tonight. If they think he'll be out for a bit, I would expect a recall to be announced just before Hamilton's home opener tomorrow.

Not really injury related but Brian Gionta has gone back home for family reasons. I would imagine that makes him doubtful for tomorrow (not that his playing status is the priority in this situation).

Does his son have a disease?

Does his son have a disease?

Nothing that has been made public (nor should it be). Earlier in the week, the talk was that his son is sick; whether that's a one-time ailment or a specific disease is something we don't know (and is pointless to speculate about). Either way, it's not good.

It seemed more like a groin than a hammy, but it could have been a knee. Hard to decide which is worse between a groin and a knee. Don't think we'll be seeing him very soon. At least he can rehab his wrist while he's rehabbing this.

Guest Stogey24

The delay of diagnosis suggests to me that they need the swelling to go down to get a definitve MRI answer. I believe we are getting some kind of report on Pax today. Cross your fingers and start worrying.

Should change your name to Red Cross.

Guest Stogey24

Good one! I was hoping to spark somebody to add some rational behind the delay.

Haha. Just givin' ya a hard time. I wouldn't be surprised if swelling does have something to do with this waiting game.

Getting a little bit worried about Patches' apparent propensity to get injured...if he turns out to be made of peanut brittle, then that has significant implications for the "rebuild," I should think. Thank heavens for his mutant healing factor.