Injury news

Commandant

Probably not. It's a DTD thing for him (and Bouillon). They'll be back soon enough barring a setback.

Ah. In that case, I don't see Tinordi staying with the roster if Drewskie is out. Drewskie is the official reserve. No sense having Tinordi not play and just watch. He still has to bump someone out.

all these injuries make me very nervous. we should at least be able to get through preseason with out losing guys.

Therrien called Murray and Bouillon's ailments "training camp injuries" which suggests neither are even close to being too serious. We finally got an update on Beaulieu today as well - he won't play this weekend but is still on the schedule to play before the preseason ends which is promising.

Guest Stogey24

Yep, Stephen Gionta will play for NJ. :) The Habs' Gionta ruled himself out the other day (although his prognosis could change between then and today). He's on the 5th line in practice this morning.

Yeah, not in tonight. John Lu had him in the line up on NHL Trade Rumors. Twitter says different

They noted Pateryn is joining Murray-Bouillon-Drewiski- Beaulieu in sickbay with "lower-body" injury, what is up with d-injuries?

At this rate, maybe Dietz-Nygren will have to be "NHL-ready" much sooner than expected?

They noted Pateryn is joining Murray-Bouillon-Drewiski- Beaulieu in sickbay with "lower-body" injury, what is up with d-injuries?

At this rate, maybe Dietz-Nygren will have to be "NHL-ready" much sooner than expected?

It sounds like it's a DTD thing for Pateryn. Bouillon is back, Beaulieu skated today and probably will play Wednesday or Thursday, and Murray's close as well.

Murray figures he'll be ready for opening night. Prust is DTD and won't play in the preseason finale. I can't find what exactly the issue is there but my guess would be the shoulder after that fight vs the Devils.

Murray might spell (temporary) doom for Tinordi. I'm expecting him to cement a spot by year's end, though.

Prust really needs to smarten up. Sometimes going hard all the time isn't the best option. I hurts us when he gets injured fighting AHLers and when he is still on the ice and too injured to clear the puck from the goalmouth (game 4 last year). I love his heart but he doesn't seem to be learning his lessons.

Prust is what, 30? He's not going to change now. He knows only one thing and that's to go 100% every shift. You take the weaknesses (gradual breakdown and injuries) with the strengths (unbelievably impactful bottom-6er).

It does show, however, that we may be better off preparing for him to suffer repeated injuries and therefore not counting on him to cement our lineup; in other words, he played too big a role last season, and once he suffered his inevitable injuries our team was wounded for it. And I suppose this is what MB had in mind bringing in Parros and Murray, to ease the burden on Prust and therefore extend his shelf life.

Another player to worry about in this respect is Gallagher. There's a guy with a concussion history and a rapidly-expanding list of opponents who hate his guts, but who knows that his only ticket to NHL success is to go full-bore all the time. This doesn't seem like a recipe for a long career...more like 3-4 years of glory before the boom is lowered. I sure hope I'm wrong about that.

Another player to worry about in this respect is Gallagher. There's a guy with a concussion history and a rapidly-expanding list of opponents who hate his guts, but who knows that his only ticket to NHL success is to go full-bore all the time. This doesn't seem like a recipe for a long career...more like 3-4 years of glory before the boom is lowered. I sure hope I'm wrong about that.

Paul Kariya didn't have to make enemies to get his brain scrambled by Gary Suter. Heck same to Briere when Vlasic plastered him and got nothing for it.

You might as well play every game 100% and leave caution to the wind. If Gallagher stopped going into corners and getting in front of the net, he'd be AHL bound.

Emelin stated that he may return quicker than expected. He says November is "possible".

Parros got the green light for Tuesday, and was skating with Moen and Prust this morning.

Paul Kariya didn't have to make enemies to get his brain scrambled by Gary Suter. Heck same to Briere when Vlasic plastered him and got nothing for it.

You might as well play every game 100% and leave caution to the wind. If Gallagher stopped going into corners and getting in front of the net, he'd be AHL bound.

Totally agree. He has to play that way. It's his durability I'm worried about; and while it's true that any player can suffer a career-ending injury at any time, it's probably valid to worry about some more than others (e.g., Crosby and Markov are at higher risk than, say, the seemingly indestructible Ovechkin). Gally is one to fret over, I think.

Totally agree. He has to play that way. It's his durability I'm worried about; and while it's true that any player can suffer a career-ending injury at any time, it's probably valid to worry about some more than others (e.g., Crosby and Markov are at higher risk than, say, the seemingly indestructible Ovechkin). Gally is one to fret over, I think.

Fair point. That said, it would be nice if people would stop panicking every time the kids gets knocked down.

Well, Tinordi's definitely going to get a longer look now. That will also free up a spot for Drewiske when he gets back. Therrien said there's no d-man recall coming, they'll run with 6 for now. (That probably will change for the road trip next week but for now, there's no need.)

This Murray signing is looking worse and worse. It doesn't seem like he showed up to camp in shape. I wonder if he'll be a factor at all in our D corps.

If he is out 6 weeks, emelin could be close to returning in which case he may never play a game the habs.

This Murray signing is looking worse and worse. It doesn't seem like he showed up to camp in shape. I wonder if he'll be a factor at all in our D corps.

Is there evidence that he showed up out of shape? That's disappointing, if true.

Anyway, this injury is par for the course. Not only have we had to endure years of injuries to hard-to-replace players at key times (Markov, Patches, Emelin) but even our replacements for the injured guys get injured. We brought in Schneider to replace Markov in 2009, only to have him go down early in the playoffs. Or remember when Goat signed Chris Campoli :nuts: to try to tide us over until Markov came back in 2011? I think it was Game One that Campoli went down with a massive injury. Not saying he was the answer, but...it gets a bit ridiculous. At least in this instance we have some sort of plausible option in Tinordi.

I believe Tinner can step up!

I hope so, because I'm pretty bummed about this injury. Not that Murray is some kind of superstar, but the role for which he was pegged - crease-clearing, physical presence - is one that had disproprtionate value given the makeup of the blueline without Emelin. With him out of the picture, we're back to the situation that worried me for most of the summer: an obvious, glaring hole at D, and totally reliant on an untested rookie to fill it. And one more injury back there and we're doomed. I would not be shocked if we have quite a rough opening two months on the back end, not at all.