Injury news

Commandant

Any word on Price or Prust? I don't think it looks good for Price... He definitely pulled something the way he went down.

The only team with worse injury luck this year is Minny... Both goalies down and out and having to play the hawks...ouch.

Any word on Price or Prust? I don't think it looks good for Price... He definitely pulled something the way he went down.

We've pretty much figured him hurt for a while and this series has been nothing but either the Senators crashing him or our own players crashing him. So often I see him come up from a save and looking like he's wincing.

Price didn't skate today, Robert Mayer (he must have compromising photos of every executive in the organization) has been recalled from the 'Black Aces' and will dress as backup tomorrow if Price is unavailable. Logic would dictate that the better option for backup would be the goalie with better AHL numbers and actual NHL experience but logic and Mayer's playing time rarely go hand-in-hand.

Not sure Price or Budaj makes much difference with so many key players out. I wouldn't be surprised if Price was playing hurt. Pretty sure several players are at this point.

Still, would love to win game 5 at least.

Gionta's out for the year (the re-torn bicep there had been speculation on earlier) but Eller skated today. No word yet on the others.

MT talks about Gionta's courage to come back for game 3. I'm sorry, but that is irresponsible on both GIonta and MT's part. You take guys out from a winning lineup with a guy with a torn bicep???

Selfish on GIonta's part and stupid on MT's.

MT talks about Gionta's courage to come back for game 3. I'm sorry, but that is irresponsible on both GIonta and MT's part. You take guys out from a winning lineup with a guy with a torn bicep???

The guy he replaced played 3 minutes

Didn't Halpern sit out??

The guy he replaced played 3 minutes

What's more valuable to the Habs? 15 minutes of a Gionta at ~50% or 3 minutes of a healthy Dumont/Blunden? I don't mind him trying to come back as the bicep injury didn't prevent him from playing defensively or making proper reads away from the puck, stuff like that. Given how Dumont played the game before (he was good last night but not in Game 2), that was probably an upgrade despite the injury.

Didn't Halpern sit out??

Yeah, but Pacioretty came back as well.

I'll take a healthy Halpern who was great in game 2 over an ineffective Gionta.

What's more valuable to the Habs? 15 minutes of a Gionta at ~50% or 3 minutes of a healthy Dumont/Blunden? I don't mind him trying to come back as the bicep injury didn't prevent him from playing defensively or making proper reads away from the puck, stuff like that. Given how Dumont played the game before (he was good last night but not in Game 2), that was probably an upgrade despite the injury.

Yeah, but Pacioretty came back as well.

Guest Stogey24

I'm a huge fan of Halpern. Montreal needs to stick with him for more than a year. He's excellent on the draw and has a great hockey sense. Lets not forget, Halpern was the captain of the Captials. The guy knows what he's doing in and out of the dressing. I'm not a huge fan of how therrien runs the show. I know there is injuries. But when your in the playoffs, a guy can't find his mojo bouncing in and out the lineup.

Count me among the Halpern fans, although - as is true of most past-their-prime veterans - his value is much greater in the playoffs than over the regular season. If we resign him, some of the people currently praising him will be dismissing him as a pointless appendage by midseason.

Sitting him out in Game Three was a big mistake.

Count me among the Halpern fans, although - as is true of most past-their-prime veterans - his value is much greater in the playoffs than over the regular season. If we resign him, some of the people currently praising him will be dismissing him as a pointless appendage by midseason.

Sitting him out in Game Three was a big mistake.

I woudln't resign Halpern - I think long-term there are better options. This year with the injuries, he is the best option. I'd also roll the dice on Bournvil tonight.

So we know a few more details about some injuries - Price has minor strains on his knee/groin and actually was only supposed to miss a few games; he'd have been ready for Round 2. Pacioretty's upper body injury from Game 1 was a separated shoulder which explains in part some of his struggles. Plekanec has also played through a groin injury for the better part of a month - that probably means he won't be heading for the Worlds (the Czechs apparently are holding out hope he goes anyways).

More injury news:

- Price has a sprained MCL which seems to contradict the early DTD report from the other day. That's more of a 4-6 week type of injury.

- White punctured his lung in Game 1. I would assume that's the upper body injury that held him out of Games 4 and 5.

- Bouillon has been playing through a broken finger.

- Prust (you may have seen this on the main page already as I had linked to it) dislocated a rib in Game 4, that's what held him out of Game 5. He'll also be undergoing an MRI on his shoulder which isn't 100% from earlier in the season.

Guest Stogey24

I think we might of seen prust drop the gloves with Neil in this series if that shouldy wasn't banged up.

6 months is precautionary. I suspect an earlier come back than that.

I don't know. Not every hockey player is like Wolverine, euh I mean Max Pac.

I don't know. Not every hockey player is like Wolverine, euh I mean Max Pac.

Yeh. That kind of injury recovery shouldn't be rushed.