Injury news

Commandant

Odd, I'd rather Halpern's faceoffs over what White brings. Unless MT is planning on trying to grind it out.

Depends. Is the Sens' 4th C any good at faceoffs ? If not, screw that.

Very glad and surprised as I felt the same.

Ryan White can be a thorn in the side of his opponents.

He is a physical player, he can play 10 minutes and isn't a defensive liability.

I think the Sens poor record on faceoffs has made that decision.

I'm surprised though, cause I thought White was done with this team.

I take it as a promising signal that the Habs are turning the page on stupid patterns of old, such as throwing probematic young players on the scrap-pile instead of working diligently with them to make them better. That said, White had BETTER not do anything stupid that'll cost us. :hammer: And I sure don't trust him to control his emotions in the most emotional game of the season so far.

I take it as a promising signal that the Habs are turning the page on stupid patterns of old, such as throwing probematic young players on the scrap-pile instead of working diligently with them to make them better. That said, White had BETTER not do anything stupid that'll cost us. :hammer: And I sure don't trust him to control his emotions in the most emotional game of the season so far.

I agree with you, but sometimes they need another chance. He played well in the last game so lets see if he can keep his act together and help us. He has done so in the past.

Odd, I'd rather Halpern's faceoffs over what White brings. Unless MT is planning on trying to grind it out.

I'd rather White go into the corner with Karlsson.

They've got some key guys recovering from injuries. White helps keep them recovering.

Eller's out of the hospital so that's some good news at least.

I was in shock when Pax got hit by Chara. Last night was similar but somehow more hurtful. I don't remember another occasion that I had tears in my eyes watching a hockey game on tv. That was hard to watch.

Relieved he's feeling better today..

I was sickened on both occasions, but to a much greater degree on the Chara hit - mainly because I actually thought Patches was dead at first, and because that assault was so egregiously beyond the bounds of anything defensible that it should have been tried as a criminal offence. The Eller hit was horrific, but I actually tended to agree with those who saw it as a 'hockey play.' That a suspension was handed out for one, but not the other, clearly proves that I am completely confused about the NHL's standards of discipline.

heard on tsn that Gionta could have similar torn bicep as the one that kept him out last year.

heard on tsn that Gionta could have similar torn bicep as the one that kept him out last year.

I'm guessing that isn't the case as both will travel to Ottawa today and are listed as DTD. That's certainly good news.

I'm guessing that isn't the case as both will travel to Ottawa today and are listed as DTD. That's certainly good news.

Yep. Both skated with the Black Aces today.

Well, perhaps the Gionta optimism should be tempered. It was mentioned on CBC's Hotstove segment that the belief is that Gionta will need surgery (that would tie in with what Habs29 had last night). Kevin Weekes noted that based on what he heard, he figured Gionta would be done for the year. Of course that's speculation but that dampened my enthusiasm a bit.

He's not going to have surgery until after the playoffs. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in the lineup tomorrow.

I just read that Eller was released from hospital. What is his condition, broken jaw? concussion?. IF, we make it to the second round, would it be reasonable to expect Eller to be back?

I just read that Eller was released from hospital. What is his condition, broken jaw? concussion?. IF, we make it to the second round, would it be reasonable to expect Eller to be back?

I don't think a concussion was actually confirmed by the team, just a more general term 'head and facial injuries' which were interpreted as a concussion. He is expected to resume working out very soon (perhaps even today) so although it'd be too hard to guess a specific timetable, I'd suspect he'll be available sooner than later.

Crosby was out for several weeks with his broken jaw. I dont expect Eller to return any faster.

A broken jaw isn't one of the reported injuries though. His is a broken nose and players have come back at times quickly from that (with a full cage, of course).