Injury news

Commandant

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I think it's time for the moderators to get involved. We are all Habs fans and should be able to maintain some degree of civility in dealing with each other. There's enough other crap going on in the world today to get upset about. 

A bit late here, things got out of hand while I was away from the site.

Warnings are issued for abusive behaviour. Please do keep things civil even when disagreeing with other posters.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I don’t either, but I’m not going to silently when someone goes off on my opinion like the so-called “realist” did. I don’t have an issue with someone not agreeing with my opinion, but I’m not going to sit silently with that kind of abuse. I’ve been suspended for a lot less than that, and have been here a long time, but maybe it’s time to find another forum.

Please don't leave, brother - you're a legend around here and one of the most indispensable participants IMHO.

• Upvote 1

Sorry to chip in late, but should there not have been some action taken against Tinordi for trying injure? I appreciate Dach was unlucky, but Tinordi clearly tried to put him into the bench and that surely won't end well

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Please don't leave, brother - you're a legend around here and one of the most indispensable participants IMHO.

I will go with indispensable. Legend is a bit much. No offense.  The Rocket was a legend.  I don't like to see long time posters go. This is a really good group here.  Let's move forward so we can discuss the next injuries that will soon hit the Habs.  Cheers 

2 minutes ago, brindavis said:

Sorry to chip in late, but should there not have been some action taken against Tinordi for trying injure? I appreciate Dach was unlucky, but Tinordi clearly tried to put him into the bench and that surely won't end well

I didn't see anything wrong with the hit, very very unfortunate result. 

4 hours ago, DON said:

BOOoooo, adding this bit dosent help, unless your trying to really prove something.

Anyways, i didnt even see how Guhle got injured, just heard "he is headed to dressing room."

Wildass guess it is shoulder or knee injury? Very minor we all hope obviously and he just pulled for precautionary reasons on advice from new medical staff.

It appears to be a wrist issue. 

2 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Agreed, we all have a responsibility to do that. I enjoy these boards and enjoy the differences of opinion we have sometimes, it keeps me sharp. 

Exactly, Tom and DBlair can't read every post, and cant be on the site 24/7, the report button helps them out as it gives them a narrow focus of what to look at. 

13 minutes ago, brindavis said:

I don't think anything Tinordi did was dirty.  The push into the bench is pretty standard and happens every few games. Its unfortunate that Dach was hurt, but there is no precedent for this being a suspension. 

3 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I don’t either, but I’m not going to silently when someone goes off on my opinion like the so-called “realist” did. I don’t have an issue with someone not agreeing with my opinion, but I’m not going to sit silently with that kind of abuse. I’ve been suspended for a lot less than that, and have been here a long time, but maybe it’s time to find another forum.

please don't leave. You will be missed.

the ignore mode is a great feature that can help filter out the few bullies that appear on this forum every now and then.

this forum is the best.

3 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I hope you don't leave, I feel bad you had to put up with those insults. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, brindavis said:

...should there not have been some action taken against Tinordi for trying injure? I appreciate Dach was unlucky, but Tinordi clearly tried to put him into the bench and that surely won't end well

36 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I didn't see anything wrong with the hit, very very unfortunate result. 

25 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I don't think anything Tinordi did was dirty.  The push into the bench is pretty standard and happens every few games. Its unfortunate that Dach was hurt, but there is no precedent for this being a suspension. 

Agreed ... there could be instances where the check into the bench was especially violent/dirty and in and of itself deserves punishment, not the case here I-M-O, but I can't see the simple result of being put into the bench being punishable.  

4 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Good news ... but he has another season beyond this one on a "poor-to-bad" contract, and has not played a full season since coming to Montreal ... hopefully they don't hesitate to "Toffolli" him (i.e., trade him as soon as what they feel is his fair value is offered, as opposed to waiting to the tradeline hoping for more) ... although I expect that won't be this season.

10 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Good news ... but he has another season beyond this one on a "poor-to-bad" contract, and has not played a full season since coming to Montreal ... hopefully they don't hesitate to "Toffolli" him (i.e., trade him as soon as what they feel is his fair value is offered, as opposed to waiting to the tradeline hoping for more) ... although I expect that won't be this season.

It's good he is on track to come back. In reality Dvorak has pretty much zero trade value. Who wants to pay 4.4M/year for a center whose best year was 38 points?  

11 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

It's good he is on track to come back. In reality Dvorak has pretty much zero trade value. Who wants to pay 4.4M/year for a center whose best year was 38 points?  

Just for the sake of argument, Danault's best year with the Habs was 39 points--and the Kings signed him as a UFA to a $5.5M contract. So, I really don't think $4.4M for Dvorak is ridiculously high.

9 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Playoff teams, playoff contenders or "we're getting old but can't rebuild" teams (e.g., Washington) that need a center with face-off skills and who can include a similar (either shorter or less expensive) "bad" contract in the deal would be a possibility ... 

42 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Just for the sake of argument, Danault's best year with the Habs was 39 points--and the Kings signed him as a UFA to a $5.5M contract. So, I really don't think $4.4M for Dvorak is ridiculously high.

I agree with you, he is perfect for a third line with the Habs. A deluxe 4th liner on a cup contending team if they could trade him.

When healthy he can play against any lines, can eat up tough minutes, give a break to Suzuki and Dach (when healthy) from the PK. He can also be a faceoff guy on a 6-on-5-no-goalie situation late in a game.

Is is one of the rare players that can score garbage goals around the net.

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Danault's best year on the Habs was 53 points (2nd best was 47) AND he was able to shut down McDavid.  Much more valuable than Dvorak. 

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Playoff teams, playoff contenders or "we're getting old but can't rebuild" teams (e.g., Washington) that need a center with face-off skills and who can include a similar (either shorter or less expensive) "bad" contract in the deal would be a possibility ... 

Exactly, we would have to take back a bad contract so in reality little "net" trade value. 

50 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I agree with you, he is perfect for a third line with the Habs. A deluxe 4th liner on a cup contending team if they could trade him.

I don't think a rebuilding team can afford the luxury of paying 4.4M a year for aa 3rd line center. I am not saying he is a bad player, only not worth what he is getting paid right now.  

54 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I don't think a rebuilding team can afford the luxury of paying 4.4M a year for aa 3rd line center. I am not saying he is a bad player, only not worth what he is getting paid right now.  

Habs have tons of LTIR cap relief. They are also one of the richest franchises. Salary is not an issue.

lineup-wise, he allows the Habs center prospects time to develop while sheltering the Habs young veterans like Suzuki and Dach while they develop. He can also allow Newhook to grow y just eating up minutes on a 3rd line role. 2 years is fine.

16 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Habs have tons of LTIR cap relief. They are also one of the richest franchises. Salary is not an issue.

lineup-wise, he allows the Habs center prospects time to develop while sheltering the Habs young veterans like Suzuki and Dach while they develop. He can also allow Newhook to grow y just eating up minutes on a 3rd line role. 2 years is fine.

Being one of the richest franchises has nothing to do with it. Sure they have cap room but that cap room could be better utilized in other areas (ie. like more of the Tanner Pearson type trades). 

Dvorak's contract is far from the worst on the Habs (ie. Gallagher), just saying they are not getting good value with it. 

8 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Being one of the richest franchises has nothing to do with it. Sure they have cap room but that cap room could be better utilized in other areas (ie. like more of the Tanner Pearson type trades). 

Dvorak's contract is far from the worst on the Habs (ie. Gallagher), just saying they are not getting good value with it. 

I think it is a bit pricey but for what it allows the Habs to do for the prospects, I think it is worth the money