Injury news

Commandant

• 1 month later...

Apparently a HIGHLY respected athletic trainer across the NHL ... wonder if he would like to fill the newly created position of Montreal Canadiens DIRECTOR of Training and Rehabilitation?????

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2023 at 8:23 PM, GHT120 said:

Apparently a HIGHLY respected athletic trainer across the NHL ... wonder if he would like to fill the newly created position of Montreal Canadiens DIRECTOR of Training and Rehabilitation?????

I got the title wrong ... 😞 ... I also don't think I was the only person who expected this.

Montreal Canadiens general manager Kent Hughes announced today the appointment of Jim Ramsay as Director, Sports Medicine, Performance and Head Athletic Therapist.

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

According to Arpon Basu, Dvorak isn't expected to be fully recovered from his surgery in time for training camp and it's possible that he misses the first week or two of the season.

https://theathletic.com/4659842/2023/07/01/canadiens-trade-edmundson-hoffman/

Likely slows down any trade talk.

• 2 months later...

Mixed feelings, hard to watch Wideman defend, but he does fill a role in the pressbox that you dont want Mailloux in. suppose.

Can Lindstrom do that instead?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, DON said:

Mixed feelings, hard to watch Wideman defend, but he does fill a role in the pressbox that you dont want Mailloux in. suppose.

Can Lindstrom do that instead?

He's been the 7th D at times in Detroit and it wouldn't shock me if that was his role with the Habs.  They'd be basically replacing an old healthy scratch with a younger one that might have a tiny bit of development left.

• 2 weeks later...

Given the Habs are slightly above the cap ceiling, this makes it tougher to be cap compliant to start the season without either using LTIR (which they indicated they prefer not to do) or making a trade.

2 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

https://x.com/canadiensmtl/status/1704875973533958272?s=46&t=C6D_OzldSuuSefel4GDZoQ

Wideman out indefinitely. 

Good #7 guy that can sit in the press box with no ill effects to the team or player development. 

Making the "don't use LTIR to be cap compliant to start the season" even harder if they want to have a full 22/23-man roster for the first game.

BTW: Was about to post the news, but: 
image.png

Hopefully this is a sign of the new medical/training staff being overly-cautious and not recurring injuries.

• 2 weeks later...

Reinbacher-Dach-Heineman all gone down.

All three very minor injuries:pray:

"Emil Heineman was forced to leave the game after colliding with an official. He did not return, and the team did not have a further update on him saying he would be seeing the doctor for further evaluation."

3 hours ago, DON said:

Reinbacher-Dach-Heineman all gone down.

All three very minor injuries:pray:

"Emil Heineman was forced to leave the game after colliding with an official. He did not return, and the team did not have a further update on him saying he would be seeing the doctor for further evaluation."

Dach's the one that interests me - do we have confirmation it's a minor injury?

43 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I would expect not until the next Habs practice, when media have access to MSL and other team personnel.

Let's see if the new medical team is any better at getting players back from injury:

22 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Dach's injury is "significant" and not short term.  Still waiting for formal diagnosis per Kent Hughes. 

Newhook will move to centre - MSL.