Injury news

Commandant

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Over the summer ... not now.

1 hour ago, Dalhabs said:

Is it time to bring an exorcist soon to scare away the demons/ghosts of the forum?

Yes, not now. But next summer an exorcist, a smudging ceremony and then blessings from every faith imaginable

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

Is it time to bring an exorcist soon to scare away the demons/ghosts of the forum?

Those were the good ghosts - the bell centre is our problem.

13 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I was in the Forum for Game 2 of the Finals in 1993. Standing room. We were down 2-1 for much of the 2nd and 3rd period, already down 0-1 in the series and facing the bleak possibility of flying to LA down 0-2. We were generating nothing. I remember being struck by the realization that, even though we were the Montreal Canadiens, the script might not come true…we might actually lose this Cup, the one Cup of my adult life. Midway through the third, with the arena dead silent and the French guy next to me slumped in drunken despair, I yelled out, “where are the ghosts?? Rocket Richard?? Howie Morenz?? Guy Lalfeur?? WHERE ARE THE GHOSTS??”

Then the McSorley illegal stick got called with two minutes left, and in an unbelievably ballsy bit of coaching Demers pulled Roy for a two-man advantage. Eric Desjardins scored to tie it up on that blast that shook the world, the entire place went insane: the French guy shrieking and hugging me, lunatics running up and down the aisle, beer flying everywhere - never had so many had such a radical mood swing from complete despair to total ecstasy in so short a time. 

Amidst the bedlam, my buddy tapped me on the shoulder and said: “there’s your ghosts.” 😉

• Like 4

13 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Perhaps they are upset about having been forced to move ... or are HUGE fans of Connor Bedard.

Can we just fire the entire medical staff please. Cole was injured months ago in a tank season. Why was he not sidelined? They ruined Price. Let's not let them prescribe drugs to our players to have them play through injuries until addicted again. So upset that they did this to another young star. Fire them. Now. Then start a criminal investigation into improper prescribing of drugs. Patients only become dependent through their doctors lack of control. 

2 minutes ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

Can we just fire the entire medical staff please. Cole was injured months ago in a tank season. Why was he not sidelined? They ruined Price. Let's not let them prescribe drugs to our players to have them play through injuries until addicted again. So upset that they did this to another young star. Fire them. Now. Then start a criminal investigation into improper prescribing of drugs. Patients only become dependent through their doctors lack of control. 

We don't know all the circumstances behind the decision to shut the season down for Cole. Did he want to continue playing?  Was it an injury he couldn't make worse by trying to play through it?  I like to think they put a lot of thought into it.  I don't have enough info to be critical yet. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

We don't know all the circumstances behind the decision to shut the season down for Cole. Did he want to continue playing?  Was it an injury he couldn't make worse by trying to play through it?  I like to think they put a lot of thought into it.  I don't have enough info to be critical yet. 

Agree 100%, my give-a-heck on that item, is pretty low.

4 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I was in the Forum for Game 2 of the Finals in 1993. Standing room. We were down 2-1 for much of the 2nd and 3rd period, already down 0-1 in the series and facing the bleak possibility of flying to LA down 0-2. We were generating nothing. I remember being struck by the realization that, even though we were the Montreal Canadiens, the script might not come true…we might actually lose this Cup, the one Cup of my adult life. Midway through the third, with the arena dead silent and the French guy next to me slumped in drunken despair, I yelled out, “where are the ghosts?? Rocket Richard?? Howie Morenz?? Guy Lalfeur?? WHERE ARE THE GHOSTS??”

Then the McSorley illegal stick got called with two minutes left, and in an unbelievably ballsy bit of coaching Demers pulled Roy for a two-man advantage. Eric Desjardins scored to tie it up on that blast that shook the world, the entire place went insane: the French guy shrieking and hugging me, lunatics running up and down the aisle, beer flying everywhere - never had so many had such a radical mood swing from complete despair to total ecstasy in so short a time. 

Amidst the bedlam, my buddy tapped me on the shoulder and said: “there’s your ghosts.” 😉

I are quickly approaching 20 yrs on this site.

At that time I was single, living in Greece.

Today i'm married, have 3 kids (one 3 yrs away from College) and live in the land of the Brass Bonanza.

What am I getting to?

After alllll these years, I NEVER get tired of Cuccumber reliving that epic game 2.

Thank you my friend.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Great story!  I went through the same feeling watching it on TV as a university student. With all the OT wins and the pens being knocked out, I thought no way we can lose looked like lose. We were on the seven year max cycle without a cup. Than in game 2, it seemed like it was lights out. Couldn’t believe the come back! Miss the forum. It’s been downhill since the move!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Great story!  I went through the same feeling watching it on TV as a university student. With all the OT wins and the pens being knocked out, I thought no way we can lose looked like lose. We were on the seven year max cycle without a cup. Than in game 2, it seemed like it was lights out. Couldn’t believe the come back! Miss the forum. It’s been downhill since the move!

Fun fact. 

I was studying at Concordia from 94 to 98. 

There was this girl I had messed around with (that really liked me) who’s father had season tickets. 

She called me and asked if I wanted to go to the game against the Stars. 

I was dying to. 

But turned her down because I knew I’d get myself into a massive mess I wanted no part of. 

18 hours ago, Helmethead said:

I are quickly approaching 20 yrs on this site.

At that time I was single, living in Greece.

Today i'm married, have 3 kids (one 3 yrs away from College) and live in the land of the Brass Bonanza.

What am I getting to?

After alllll these years, I NEVER get tired of Cuccumber reliving that epic game 2.

Thank you my friend.

Thanks, brother. Hopefully I don’t regurgitate those 1993 stories *too* often. Game 2 was obviously the greatest single moment of my life as a Habs fan - greater even, I would say, than being in the Forum again when they won in Game 5 - so I do like to light my metaphorical pipe and reminisce now and then!

20 years…scary sh*t 😃

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Have assumptions ever changed, eh? The “seven year cycle” has turned into a 30-year drought, with more years to go 😔 And when we reached the Finals in ‘21, I thought we had a chance (and we did), but the belief that a victory was our destiny never occurred to me. By contrast, in ‘93, we both took that as a given until the near-death experience of Game 2 put the fear of God into us. 

Funny thing, after that tying goal, every single person in the building - including, I’ll bet, some guys on the Kings bench - knew we were going to win in OT. It was a rare instance where that was never in doubt. Not for one second.

4 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Yep, we've been around for a while.  The forum turns 20 in mid-May, mid-October for the main site.

I stop by on the daily, especially during the season, so it’s hard to imagine life without it. Not too much Habs talk here in the Vancouver area, so when I moved out here, this site became a lifeline.

We have a lot of excellent long-time posters, but how’s our track record at adding newbies? Just curious. Or maybe I am sidetracking the Injury Thread - in which case, never mind, and apologies.

4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

We have a lot of excellent long-time posters, but how’s our track record at adding newbies? Just curious. Or maybe I am sidetracking the Injury Thread - in which case, never mind, and apologies.

Message boards are largely becoming a thing of the past so we don't typically get a lot of newcomers.  We also had a long stretch where technical glitches were coming up in registration and I'd have to go in periodically to manually validate new accounts and then email the user to let them know they're able to post.  (I wasn't great at doing that on a timely basis, admittedly.)  Good news is that's fixed now so hopefully we'll have a bit of an uptick in newcomers moving forward.  We also have guest posting which I don't think has ever been used since we put that in years ago but the hope there was to spark some new registrations.

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Thanks, brother. Hopefully I don’t regurgitate those 1993 stories *too* often. Game 2 was obviously the greatest single moment of my life as a Habs fan - greater even, I would say, than being in the Forum again when they won in Game 5 - so I do like to light my metaphorical pipe and reminisce now and then!

20 years…scary sh*t 😃

I still have those ticket stubs. I remember crossing the border Cornwall, there were a couple of times they brought me inside and searched my car because they didn't believe me that I had tickets to the games. I was more scared at missing the start of the games than I was my car being searched/questioned over "why I was REALLY entering Canada".

That specific year was quite magical, even before they won the Cup. I worked at a Radio Shack while in my final year at Clarkson University. My boss was a big Habs fan and she bought me a large Canadiens flag/banner for Christmas that year. When the playoff ticket sales were announced, I'd go into the store, because it had a touch tone phone, so it was easier to get through to order tickets. I still had a rotary phone at home. We'd each get on a different phone line and keep dialing the box office until we got through. I managed to get 4 tickets to each game that playoff season.

I was always a Habs fan, but 1993 definitely cemented me as a forever Habs fan as a young impressionable college kid. I was excited in 1986, but I was what, 15 when they won in '86. For a kid that could finally drive to the games, get a beer, and be physically inserted in the experience of a winning Cup run....again, magical.

• Upvote 1

I found Habsworld when I was searching for news the year Kovalev signed. 

yep - it’s been a while!

(and living near Chicago, I’m in need of good Habs chat … I’m so thankful for the regular posters here!)

Just now, revvvrob said:

I found Habsworld when I was searching for news the year Kovalev signed. 

yep - it’s been a while!

(and living near Chicago, I’m in need of good Habs chat … I’m so thankful for the regular posters here!)

Oh - I should be on topic …

I wondered if the timing of the Caufield injury announcement could even be linked to all-star voting. 

36 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Nothing surprising here but Price moving out of Montreal (selling his house) and moving to Kelowna BC kind of makes things official. 

Price is done in Montreal 

Good news: Price won't screw up LTIR by trying to play again

Bad news: Three more seasons of LTIR handcuffs