Injury news

Commandant

if I cared more for the current version of the Habs, this long list would concern me. As it is, I am happy for how well we are tanking:

34 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Does "getting treatment" necessarily mean that they are missing tomorrow's game? It could just be physio etc or a lesser issue that does not require going on the IR.

I don't know what Arpon meant. I hope that Edmundson and Dadonov are in sufficiently good shape to play

Renaud posted that 45% od the cap is in IR, a big chunk is Price, of course.

My fear is that in the re-hab he has re-injured a hip.

• 2 weeks later...

Gallagher in an orthopaedic boot ... were it season-ending it would give HuGo some flexibility at the trade deadline to "third-party" a deal or two.

20 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I wonder which sweaters they are wearing ...

Not participating in regular practice so i'd assume its non contact. 

Apparently they both were shutdown over the all star break and they need a couple of days of skating to get a new timeline. 

Good, if not yet spectacular, news

• Like 1

I’m starting to wonder whether there is indeed something amiss with the Habs’ medical or training staff 😕 Two years in a row of injury decimation.

Obviously, injuries lead to team struggles. But is there also a correlation between having a bad team in the first place and getting injured more? E.g., do players tend to come back too early when the team sucks and they feel their teammates need them? Does playing rookies by the score lead to more injuries, as the inexperienced kids put themselves in vulnerable positions (see Slaf)? Is a weak player more likely to get hurt as he over-extends himself trying to keep up? Do veterans over-compensate or themselves become vulnerable as they scramble to make up for the inadequacies of their rookie or inadequately-skilled teammates?

The Houle years also had horrible rosters and were similarly devastated by injury. It seems a striking correlation.

Apparently, Monahan skated alone yesterday in Toronto ... but in a regular sweater (i.e., not non-contact) ... although I don't know whether they would bother if nobody else was out there.

In combination with the "plateau" noted above, it doesn't sound like Monahan is likely to play any time soon ... 
siiggghhhh. 

Good news ... but hope they take it veerrryyyy slowly

19 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Good news ... but hope they take it veerrryyyy slowly

Yes. But it will be great to see a fully and properly recovered Guhle back in action.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

I don't think they'll be holding out Guhle for two months if he's skating with the team in a non-contact jersey.  September might be when we next see Xhekaj though.

Obviously, but will he be 100% recovered is what i was speaking to.

52 minutes ago, DON said:

Obviously, but will he be 100% recovered is what i was speaking to.

I don't think Hugo has any interest in rushing him back before he is fully recovered. There would be zero advantage in doing that.