Injury news

Commandant

3 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Why didn’t Monahan get surgery before if that was required?

Cursed team

The team can't force a player to have surgery ... I suspect Monahan thought he could get away with rehab, until it became obvious that he could not.

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

The whole thing has become a farce. 

WTF are you doing Habs?

more a tragedy than a farce to me. On a year where the Habs could have done some deep organizational changes to provide the best environment for prospects to develop while finishing with the best lottery probabilities; they seem to have felt their way in a maze of confusion to come up short

28 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

more a tragedy than a farce to me. On a year where the Habs could have done some deep organizational changes to provide the best environment for prospects to develop while finishing with the best lottery probabilities; they seem to have felt their way in a maze of confusion to come up short

I really don't know what to say about the injury subject. Are they cursed?  The amount of injuries piling up borders on the ridiculous. No need to play an 18 year against grown mature men unless it's a truly exceptional case (ie. McDavid or Bedard).  

2 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I really don't know what to say about the injury subject. Are they cursed?  The amount of injuries piling up borders on the ridiculous. No need to play an 18 year against grown mature men unless it's a truly exceptional case (ie. McDavid or Bedard).  

That's only Slafkovsky, not the other dozen injured players.

2 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Schueneman has been recalled, a D may be injured but yet not announced. Harris?

Primeau MAY be as well if Allen's "therapy day" didn't go well yesterday

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Primeau MAY be as well if Allen's "therapy day" didn't go well yesterday

It was registered as a regular but with them announcing Allen is unable to dress tonight, they should be able to convert it.  

Having said that, there isn't much of a need for the regular recalls now anyway.  The defence is in emergency recall mode from here on out and unless Dach is able to come back at some point, so are the forwards.  Having the one regular recall slot left allows them to call a second D/F up if need be but I don't think they want to take away from Laval.  As it is, I expect Schueneman and Primeau will both go down for Friday's game.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

[...]  Having the one regular recall slot left allows them to call a second D/F up if need be but I don't think they want to take away from Laval.  As it is, I expect Schueneman and Primeau will both go down for Friday's game.

I am not so sure about how much Hugh_Gort gives a dam about Laval. They have not supported them all season, why would they change now.

There is a higher probability that Schueneman, Primeau, RHP or Ylonen get hurt in the next few games than for them to be sent down to Laval.

25 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I am not so sure about how much Hugh_Gort gives a dam about Laval. They have not supported them all season, why would they change now.

Any competent GM's priority will be the NHL club, not the AHL one.

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Any competent GM's priority will be the NHL club, not the AHL one.

for a rebuilding team, where development is key?

I am old school about that. Not sure the current recipe will yield the expected results. I truly hope I am wrong

Edited by alfredoh2009
typos

10 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Why not just rest the guy and let him heal for another week 

If he's unable to come back and someone else gets hurt, then they're pulling someone (probably Richard) up from Laval.  If Harvey-Pinard can return, they can avoid that.  Plus, they may need to see if he's going to be able to back for the Rocket for what could be a crucial final game of the regular season next Friday.

33 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

If he's unable to come back and someone else gets hurt, then they're pulling someone (probably Richard) up from Laval.  If Harvey-Pinard can return, they can avoid that.  Plus, they may need to see if he's going to be able to back for the Rocket for what could be a crucial final game of the regular season next Friday.

Ahh makes sense I forgot about Laval 

47 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

you and Hugh-Gort :ph34r: !

Would love to know what they should have done.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Would love to know what they should have done.

Like the Bolts, the Pens, the Habs last time they won a cup, and others:

Load your AHL affiliate, win a few Calder cups and graduate them to the NHL with the hunger to win a Stanley cup

29 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Load your AHL affiliate, win a few Calder cups and graduate them to the NHL with the hunger to win a Stanley cup

Load them with what?  More Alex Belzille type AHL veterans?  How does this help build an NHL winner.

The pens of 09 were built with a core of Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Fleury, Gonchar, Letang, Guerin, and Kunitz.  Guys who spent almost 0 time.with their AHL team.

The lightning have their Point, Stamkos, Vasilevskiy, Hedman, Kucherov, again guys who spent no time in the AHL.

So again... how is putting a bunch of vets together on an AHL team to win games at the expense of developing prospects, a good plan to win cups?

30 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

The Pens have been with Wilkes-Barre since 1992 and they have never won the Calder Cup.

Syracuse made the Calder Cup finals three years before TBL won the first of their two most recent Cups.

As Commandant said above, Calder Cup champions usually are not "developmental" ... IMO, in the midst of a rebuild is not the time to stock up on career AHLers to seek playoff success ... further, were it not for the Habs injuries this season, The Rocket currently would likely have Belzile, RHP, Pezzetta, Pitlick and Ylönen in their lineup ... hardly the intentional neglect you imply.