Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

I'd argue that Subban is our version of this, but he's so skilled from the back end, we'll never want to use him on wing.

Also, when Byfulgien was used on the wing in Chicago they had 2 better defensemen for their top pair, Seabrook and Keith. Subban is arguably our top defenseman, we don't have the same luxury.

Also, when Byfulgien was used on the wing in Chicago they had 2 better defensemen for their top pair, Seabrook and Keith. Subban is arguably our top defenseman, we don't have the same luxury.

Keep deveping this, I Iove it. how many times have you seen Chara standing in front of net when Boston was desperate for a goal?

I say lets go get Jagr for the playoffs. Cant cost much maybe a 3rd pick. Would be dynomite for the post season. And he has wanted to be here for a long time. I would love to see what he could do.

• Upvote 1

so much for dreaming of Perry - he just signed the extention with the ducks

• Upvote 1

Perry signs an extension in Anaheim.. any chance we could land Bobby Ryan? What would he cost?

He would cost too much and i think he is only signed for another year after which he would be a UFA. From past reports, I think if he doesn't resign in Anaheim, he will go to Philly once he is a UFA, so I really would be leery of giving up much for him. He already makes more then MaxPac and will probably cost a heck of a lot more then MaxPac to resign- despite them having close to identical stats this year.

Ducks are not in bad shape for the cap. They were a floor team that decided to spend $6M extra to keep their top stars. Prior to these signings, they had $14M in cap space free with Getzlaf and Perry making $5.3M each. Now they make $8.3M each. They are still going to make the cap ceiling fine.

Ducks are not in bad shape for the cap. They were a floor team that decided to spend $6M extra to keep their top stars. Prior to these signings, they had $14M in cap space free with Getzlaf and Perry making $5.3M each. Now they make $8.3M each. They are still going to make the cap ceiling fine.

What kills me is that both of these guys are signed at less than a mill over the cap hit for which we had the great gormless gomez who is now working his magic on the Sharks

What kills me is that both of these guys are signed at less than a mill over the cap hit for which we had the great gormless gomez who is no working his magic on the Sharks

The free market is only going to get wilder. Minnesota's deals with Parise and Suter are now fossils of an old CBA. Everything is now forced to be eight year and seven year deals. Malkin is going to make more than Crosby soon though I could see him taking a small cut. He's having a terrible year but Giroux will get paid for sure in Philly. Kane and Toews are both UFA summer of 2015. By then the cap will be close to the current number and that's likely going to lead to $10M a year deals for both.

I say lets go get Jagr for the playoffs. Cant cost much maybe a 3rd pick. Would be dynomite for the post season. And he has wanted to be here for a long time. I would love to see what he could do.

I'm all for this.

As long as it costs a 3rd or less, would be wicked to have a weapon like him for the playoffs.

What kills me is that both of these guys are signed at less than a mill over the cap hit for which we had the great gormless gomez who is now working his magic on the Sharks

what kills me is that the ducks owner wasn't willing to sign them to front-loaded deals. For an extra three years, he could have reduced his cap hit by $1.5M-2M a year, had these deals been signed last summer.

I'm all for this.

As long as it costs a 3rd or less, would be wicked to have a weapon like him for the playoffs.

I'd be all for giving up a 3rd, but I think bidding will drive up the price to a minimum of a 2nd round pick. It's wide open this year and the stars are probably one of the few sure fire sellers. Neiwendyk has done a horrible job in Dallas. That Neal deal was almost as dumb as the the Stewart deal Colorado made.

what kills me is that the ducks owner wasn't willing to sign them to front-loaded deals. For an extra three years, he could have reduced his cap hit by $1.5M-2M a year, had these deals been signed last summer.

Sometimes, owners actually have budgets to work with. It's far from being as simple as saying 'let's frontload the deal.' The Ducks aren't a high revenue team; the reason that many thought Perry was leaving was because they couldn't afford to keep him - not because of the cap, but rather because of the actual money it would cost. They're not a cap team and they're not going to be one anytime soon so they really couldn't care less about saving a little bit of cap space by frontloading the contract.

I wonder what it would take to get Morrow. Jagr would be fun, but Morrow has all the intangibles and it a beast.

He has a no trade clause but I think Carbo could convince him to come.

I'd bet it would cost a first rounder. Or a 2nd and a decent prospect

He has a no trade clause but I think Carbo could convince him to come.

I'd bet it would cost a first rounder. Or a 2nd and a decent prospect

A first for Morrow? No thanks. A 2nd and a marginal prospect--from our point of view at least-- maybe. I have heard, misremember where that MB is reluctant to give up prospects for a pure rental. Given how insane some of the deadline deals have been in the past, I think that is a good strategy.

A first for Morrow? No thanks. A 2nd and a marginal prospect--from our point of view at least-- maybe. I have heard, misremember where that MB is reluctant to give up prospects for a pure rental. Given how insane some of the deadline deals have been in the past, I think that is a good strategy.

Yes that's what I believe Morrow will cost, not that I want the Habs to give that up.

Yes that's what I believe Morrow will cost, not that I want the Habs to give that up.

If we're giving up a first for a rental player, he better be a hell of a lot better than Morrow. Jagr wouldn't command a 1st.

I think Jagr is a much better option, he is a pure rental, would cost a lot less, is a pure sniper, and doesn't mind going in the tough areas. This we need for the playoffs, hell we need that right now. A sniper is exactly what this team needs, a guy who will get a goal when you most need it. MB listen up go get jagr, for cheap , of course. 3rd round pick. :habslogo:

OH and don't give up any 1st's for anybody. or seconds either for that matter. This is a deep draft year and we gots lots of picks, build big for the future.

Agreed. The draft hype is pretty much all TV/Prospect websites right now. I've watched Kerby Rychel and I've watched Kerby Rychel score. He is not a top 30 draft pick last year that's for sure.

Rychel is liked cause he's a first class A-Hole to go along with his 2nd round talent.... so that makes him a late first.

What if we went after Vanek? Big winger that can score. Wolvie - DD - Vanek would be a scarey line, one where DD's lack of size would almost go unnoticed.

Vanek is only 29, so it would be more than a rental. His cost shouldn't be that high seeing as he's only a 65pts per season player. I wouldn't imagine any more than a prospect and a 2nd.

What if we went after Vanek? Big winger that can score. Wolvie - DD - Vanek would be a scarey line, one where DD's lack of size would almost go unnoticed.

Vanek is only 29, so it would be more than a rental. His cost shouldn't be that high seeing as he's only a 65pts per season player. I wouldn't imagine any more than a prospect and a 2nd.

Vanek is great.

Good luck trading him without a Rick Nash/Ilya Kovalchuk sort of package. Likely more because he's in division. We're talking one of the best natural goal scorers in the NHL.

Vanek would cost at least a 1st, one of Tinordi/bealieau, galleghar and a Kristo type package.

He's good, but not worth what he would cost. I think he only has 1 year left on his current deal and he would be looking for a raise on his existing $7m contract.

Vanek is great.

Good luck trading him without a Rick Nash/Ilya Kovalchuk sort of package. Likely more because he's in division. We're talking one of the best natural goal scorers in the NHL.