Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

In the last month... Eller and Galchenyuk have both gotten a point on all of 1 goal (and just 4 goals on the season)... I'm not worried about trading Galchenyuk's LW when his LW isn't clicking with him.

Again, 1 month and just 1 goal where they both have a point.

Also Ben Hutton is injured now, but he's been absolutely fantastic for the Canucks, and is playing good hockey on their first pairing. Tinordi is not playing ahead of Hutton, no chance on that. And Yanick Weber is a RD, don't see how Tinordi is ahead of him either.... (even if he was LD, I'm not sure he's better).

Chucky must be thrilled at the wingers he is getting. How many has he had already?

Chucky a winger on another line for the pp. So not much of a chance of him and Eller clicking there.

I'll give Larry points for this. Not counting empty net goals he is out scoring Plekanic. Without the luxury pp time and top line mates that Pleks has. Not too shabby.

Larry :thumbs_up:

Sure they don't get PP time... but 1 point after a month's worth of even strength time together means they are not clicking. They get high O-zone starts at ES too. Is it really too much to ask to get more than 1 point together?

Chucky is still scoring in those rare moments eller isn't around (like the PP) so I don't think he's the problem.

Lets face it... we have a 3.5 million forward who is not one of our three best centres, and can't play for shit on the wing.

And yeah great... he's got 6 goals... but he's not getting any assists.... 7 points in 22 games is not top 6 production.

Sure they don't get PP time... but 1 point after a month's worth of even strength time together means they are not clicking. They get high O-zone starts at ES too. Is it really too much to ask to get more than 1 point together?

Chucky is still scoring in those rare moments eller isn't around (like the PP) so I don't think he's the problem.

Lets face it... we have a 3.5 million forward who is not one of our three best centres, and can't play for shit on the wing.

And yeah great... he's got 6 goals... but he's not getting any assists.... 7 points in 22 games is not top 6 production.

Ok, so where should Eller play? If he is that sh!TTy, and his contract is that bad, what's his trade value?

He would be great as 4th line center at 3.5 m per then?

My biggest disappointment in Eller is the same as every other year, he has no offensive vision, curl in the O zone with the puck on the rush instead of shoot, and more than likely lose possession of that puck.

Guy can cycle, and battles hard, and can dominate possession at times, and still no offensive vision.

I have no answer, except that I can't help but feel the team would be weaker in the bottom 6 of the lineup as the roster is right now.

I hear ya but "top six" production anywhere else includes powerplay time. Eller is one of the only "top six" forwards that sits for entire powerplays. He is basically a third liner. I would look in the mirror if I was on the first line/PP and this guy is beating more goalies than I am.

When you have 1 assist on the season.... Thats probably a good indication that you haven't earned PP time.

Our PP is working right now cause we move the puck quickly... Eller isn't able to do that.

When Torrey Mitchell plays with worse wingers, and has worse zone starts and is able to score more than you, thats telling.

Its been 5 years of this with Eller.... at some point, if you are talented... you prove it and get the job done and earn your way up the lineup. Eller hasn't earned it. Not in a long, long time.

When you have 1 assist on the season.... Thats probably a good indication that you haven't earned PP time.

Our PP is working right now cause we move the puck quickly... Eller isn't able to do that.

When Torrey Mitchell plays with worse wingers, and has worse zone starts and is able to score more than you, thats telling.

Its been 5 years of this with Eller.... at some point, if you are talented... you prove it and get the job done and earn your way up the lineup. Eller hasn't earned it. Not in a long, long time.

I never said he has earned or should be on the powerplay. I merely pointed out that hey, for a guy that plays where he plays he has six goals. For 3.5 mill a year, playing pk, riding shot gun to a young green center , playing with a new winger every game..... I don't expect much more, and I certainly ain't gonna rip the guy or trade him for his lack of assists. But hey that's me. On pace for 25 even goals. Nothing to sneeze at.

whip, whip, whip

maybe like DD in the play offs.............this will be Larrys reg season year. :pray:

I never said he has earned or should be on the powerplay. I merely pointed out that hey, for a guy that plays where he plays he has six goals. For 3.5 mill a year, playing pk, riding shot gun to a young green center , playing with a new winger every game..... I don't expect much more, and I certainly ain't gonna rip the guy or trade him for his lack of assists. But hey that's me. On pace for 25 even goals. Nothing to sneeze at.

Pace is for 22 goals... not 25.... and 26 points.

Pace is for 22 goals... not 25.... and 26 points.

Who is on pace for 20+ goals in the NHL right now:

- Torrey Mitchell (20)

- Colton Parayko (20)

- Jason Chimera (20)

- P.A. Parenteau (22)

- Lars Eller (22)

- Cody Eakin (23)

- Tomas Tatar (23)

- Travis Zajac (25)

- Drew Stafford (26)

- Leo Komarov (26)

- David Jones (27)

- Vincent Trochek (27)

- Kyle Palmieri (28)

Brian Savage was the king of "on pace" right now.

I'll give Larry points for this. Not counting empty net goals he is out scoring Plekanic. Without the luxury pp time and top line mates that Pleks has. Not too shabby.

Larry :thumbs_up:

Boy, you're back to not wasting any chance to bash Plekanec again, aren't you? This is what, at least the fourth jab about him? He does kind of lead the team in points and centres the line tied the for the most goals in the NHL (see the stat in the HW Recap). Yet, it's all negative with him for some odd reason...

We have a top 3 penalty kill unit in the league, and Eller plays a significant role. I'd take his 6 goals in 20 gms while having a huge impact killing penalties, any day! MB says it's all about finding BALANCE, and every player has a role. Forgive him if he isn't Patrick Kane on the wing, ffs :thumbs_down:

We have a top 3 penalty kill unit in the league, and Eller plays a significant role. I'd take his 6 goals in 20 gms while having a huge impact killing penalties, any day! MB says it's all about finding BALANCE, and every player has a role. Forgive him if he isn't Patrick Kane on the wing, ffs :thumbs_down:

Eller is 6th on the team in shorthanded time on ice per game, behind Byron, Plekanec, Mitchell, Pacioretty and Flynn.

In the month of November, he's also sixth for total shorthanded time on the ice behind the five mentioned. Tomas Fleischmann isn't far behind from playing the same amount of minutes as Eller.

I'm not saying Eller isn't bad at the role, but we don't rely on him anywhere near as much as people might be lead to believe.

Yes I agree, we don't rely on anyone..not even MVPrice anymore. I'm actually looking forward to seeing more of Eller-Galchenyuk-Andrighetto..seems like they could gel better than any of the previous 6-7 rw's they've tried.

I thought DSP was doing well with them, but he's now going to play with Plekanec and Pacioretty on Wednesday.

DSP has been doing great on 4th line..idk if he can cut it on 1st line. Semin probably can't skate with these guys. I wouldn't touch the 3rd line..who else is there to try should DSP fail? Flynn? nope. Holloway? what the hell, give em a shot

Kassian going to be a viable 2 RW option when he's back? I haven't seen enough of him to have an opinion.

I'd say it's doubtful. He was on the fourth line in the preseason and after being off for as long as he's going to be, the odds of him becoming a solid top six guy this season seem slim. Plus, he never really has been a consistent top six player in the past. He can help this team (if he does make it back) but I'd pencil him for a bottom six role.

I'd say it's doubtful. He was on the fourth line in the preseason and after being off for as long as he's going to be, the odds of him becoming a solid top six guy this season seem slim. Plus, he never really has been a consistent top six player in the past. He can help this team (if he does make it back) but I'd pencil him for a bottom six role.

I think it is still a big question as to whether he ever plays a game for us. I wouldn't be plugging him in anywhere. If he comes back ok we will see what he can do. But until then ignore him. :habslogo:

if all that is accurate then Therrien would have to be an idiot. Ya know you are ripping the coach as well, with these Eller rants dont ya?

Eller is fine. Third liner, team player, will play wing, center, drive the bus , what ever he is asked. Good penaty killer, big body never shys away from the physical play, and will take the hit to make a play, good on the wall. He was never and never will be Steve Shutt sniping goals.

Couple of years ago, DD went the first 20 games with "1 assist" and get this ZERO GOALS. Eller has 6. lol

Give it time. Eller is just fine.

Couple of years ago, DD went the first 20 games with "1 assist" and get this ZERO GOALS. Eller has 6. lol

Give it time. Eller is just fine.

DD was a player whose career high at the time was 60 points

After seven NHL seasons, Eller's career high is 30 points

There was far more evidence that DD was a good player just going through a slump... than there is for Eller here. More likely is that Eller is what he is at this point a guy who scores 25 - 30 points every year, and not a real offensive talent.