Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

33 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I not certain that all those players together (ignoring any cap issues) get a legit RHD upgrade, especially one that fits the rebuild (i.e., 28 or younger with at least 3 years on their contract).

Maybe a Guhle would be needed, or an Anderson as part of deal?

Young centre last year cost Romanov & 13th, 66th, 98th picks.

Guhle or Anderson & 31st pick (or the Flames 1st round 2024/25 pick) might get a nice young RH d-man? Or to maybe move up in draft to pick a RH d-man?

1 hour ago, DON said:

Maybe a Guhle would be needed, or an Anderson as part of deal?

Young centre last year cost Romanov & 13th, 66th, 98th picks.

Guhle or Anderson & 31st pick (or the Flames 1st round 2024/25 pick) might get a nice young RH d-man? Or to maybe move up in draft to pick a RH d-man?

Haven’t we already done the trade our best d-prospect thing? How did that work out. I’m fine with moving Anderson. Zero interest in moving Guhle who may become a top pairing D.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Haven’t we already done the trade our best d-prospect thing? How did that work out. I’m fine with moving Anderson. Zero interest in moving Guhle who may become a top pairing D.

Agree 100%, trading Guhle (only 21) who showed signs of becoming a top pairing defensemen for another prospect/draft pick does not interest me at all. 

3 hours ago, DON said:

... Young centre last year cost Romanov & 13th, 66th, 98th picks ...

Really 13th (or Romanov and 98th) and 66th ... but that was for a former 3rd overall pick with completely unfulfilled potential ... not the legit top pairing RHD being discussed 

5 hours ago, GHT120 said:

I not certain that all those players together (ignoring any cap issues) get a legit RHD upgrade, especially one that fits the rebuild (i.e., 28 or younger with at least 3 years on their contract).

Of course not... who is saying that?

but a package sending one of the non highlighted players I would be ok with...

Obviously, you would need to give to receive.

I would be willing to move Barron and Harris as young D and Savard and Edmundson as VET Dmen in a deal. Everyone else I am not comfortable moving at the moment.

53 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I would be willing to move Barron and Harris as young D and Savard and Edmundson as VET Dmen in a deal. Everyone else I am not comfortable moving at the moment.

Given that we are short of RD prospects I would think that if you are moving Barron as part of a package then it better be for something special.

2 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

$64,000 Question is what else needs to be in the package ... for a legit, top-pairing RHD who fits in the rebuild.

4 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

If Dubas lands in Pittsburg:

Crosby and Malkin for Mathews (who I believe is leaving)

? 🤷‍♂️

I think that would only happen if Mike Milbury ends up as the Toronto GM. 

If I was a GM looking for a job I think Pittsburgh is about the last place I would want to end up.  The oldest core in the league and a weak prospect pool.  Unless ownership is on side with a complete rebuild.

3 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I would be willing to move Barron and Harris as young D and Savard and Edmundson as VET Dmen in a deal. .

So your not expecting to 'receive' much of value.

17 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Dont waste my time Don

Without knowing what else you would propose to include in a presumed package I have to agree with Don.

On 5/28/2023 at 10:32 AM, GHT120 said:

Really 13th (or Romanov and 98th) and 66th ... but that was for a former 3rd overall pick with completely unfulfilled potential ... not the legit top pairing RHD being discussed 

Ya, thought i doubled down, but just saying what a Dach cost last year.

Sounded like Hughes was scrambling to move up in draft last year, just no takers.

And the Dach deal seems to be a good one, so kinda guessing Hughes will be active again.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Ya, thought i doubled down, but just saying what a Dach cost last year.

Sounded like Hughes was scrambling to move up in draft last year, just no takers.

And the Dach deal seems to be a good one, so kinda guessing Hughes will be active again.

I totally agree ... for the RIGHT deal I could even see him moving down a few spots ... my response was in the context of the trade for a legit 1st pairing D discussion.

2 hours ago, DON said:

Yes, I expect Hughes will be active. If he doesn't make any deals it won't be for a lack of trying. I think trading up/trading down are both on the table. 

23 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Yes, I expect Hughes will be active. If he doesn't make any deals it won't be for a lack of trying. I think trading up/trading down are both on the table. 

As long as our 5th overall isn't on the table. Or rather, it had better be a home run in order to move that pick...

What would be price for dropping to 6th or 7th be worth? 2nd, 3rd round picks?

No suggesting , just curious value wise, what would be expected?

6 minutes ago, DON said:

What would be price for dropping to 6th or 7th be worth? 2nd, 3rd round picks?

No suggesting , just curious value wise, what would be expected?

Great question. It rarely happens so hard to say.  I would happily throw in a 2nd or late 1st to move from 5 to 3 to get a Carlsson but somehow I think that is not enough. I guess it depends on how bad a team wants a certain player. 

On 5/30/2023 at 12:39 PM, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

It would be hilarious if he doesn’t find takers for a trade to move up and uses a Hockey computer game as an analogy for proposed trades from fans and media 🤣

22 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

It would be hilarious if he doesn’t find takers for a trade to move up and uses a Hockey computer game as an analogy for proposed trades from fans and media 🤣

Hey, it’s “tough” to fill glaring roster holes that you created. It’s tough. Sometimes you have to wait six or seven years. Especially when you’re holding out for “character” players like Jonathan Drouin.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Hey, it’s “tough” to fill glaring roster holes that you created. It’s tough. Sometimes you have to wait six or seven years. Especially when you’re holding out for “character” players like Jonathan Drouin.

hear! hear!

Basically a click-bait proposal (click to see Tweet), but one that interests me ... Jesse Ylonen for Raphaël Lavoie ... IMO Ylonen is not part of the future (some I know disagree) but I would take the chance on the bigger, younger Lavoie.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Basically a click-bait proposal (click to see Tweet), but one that interests me ... Jesse Ylonen for Raphaël Lavoie ... IMO Ylonen is not part of the future (some I know disagree) but I would take the chance on the bigger, younger Lavoie.

Counter-offer: Claim Lavoie on waivers in October.  He had a good second half to his season (after a rough start) but I'm not sure Edmonton is carving out a roster spot for him.  He has been brought up on here before and frankly beyond his size, I don't remember seeing much of anything stand out from Lavoie when I've seen him.  Ylonen, meanwhile, has an NHL shot at least.  I'm on the fence about him being part of the future (I have been for a couple years now) but he's worth more in a trade than Lavoie.

4 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Counter-offer: Claim Lavoie on waivers in October.  He had a good second half to his season (after a rough start) but I'm not sure Edmonton is carving out a roster spot for him.  He has been brought up on here before and frankly beyond his size, I don't remember seeing much of anything stand out from Lavoie when I've seen him.  Ylonen, meanwhile, has an NHL shot at least.  I'm on the fence about him being part of the future (I have been for a couple years now) but he's worth more in a trade than Lavoie.

IMHO Ylonen is an improvement on Drouin foot controlled zone entries.

He may still turn out to be a good 3rd line RW