Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

8 hours ago, Commandant said:

Pearson isnt worth anything and neither is Armia or Anderson.

Ill be shocked if they are traded for anything of value at the deadline.

Not certain that just disposing of the contract wouldn't be enough for either Armia or Anderson ... still unlikely either get moved.

30 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Not certain that just disposing of the contract wouldn't be enough for either Armia or Anderson ... still unlikely either get moved.

I agree.  You wont even be able to do that.  It will be like the opposite of what we did in the original Monahan trade, we'd have to give up an actual asset to pay a team to take them and I dont see Hughes doing at this stage of the rebuild.

15 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I agree.  You wont even be able to do that.  It will be like the opposite of what we did in the original Monahan trade, we'd have to give up an actual asset to pay a team to take them and I dont see Hughes doing so.

Agreed, certainly Armia and Anderson have negative worth right now with the extra years on their contracts and Pearson hasn't shown enough to be even worth a 7th round pick right now. Let time waste away some of the negative value, wish Pearson the best in the summer, Armia might be worth something at the deadline next year and hopefully Anderson can get back to being a 20 goal scorer. 

9 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

... Pearson hasn't shown enough to be even worth a 7th round pick right now ...

Had Dwight King shown enough to give up a 4th round pick?
Had Steve Ott shown enough to give up a 6th round pick?

Had Andreas Martinsen shown enough to give up SVEN ANDRIGHETOO!!!!! 😉

All it takes is finding the right GM.

23 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Armia might be worth something at the deadline next year and hopefully Anderson can get back to being a 20 goal scorer. 

Armia has some value but not $3.5M, that was wishful thinking by Bergevin. Anderson is a much more difficult problem.

33 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

True, but a guy like Ott had value as a grinder, King and Martinsen were also big physical guys who had value on the bottom 6. Pearson's value is being a scorer and he has 4 this year. I think he has little value and as CC would say, Benning is no longer around so the right GM might not be available. 

28 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Armia has some value but not $3.5M, that was wishful thinking by Bergevin. Anderson is a much more difficult problem.

Armia at 50% retention has some value but unless you can get something pretty good then I would prefer to use the retention spot elsewhere. 

Anderson, you just be patient and hope his game comes around. 

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Armia at 50% retention has some value but unless you can get something pretty good then I would prefer to use the retention spot elsewhere.

I suspect Armia will play out his contract with the Habs. As you say, not enough to get anything significant back, and yet his contract is not crippling the team. And his next contract (with whoever he signs with) will be considerably more modest.

4 hours ago, GHT120 said:

it is so obvious , it hurts my eyes !

Good point!

5 hours ago, GHT120 said:

None of them had the contract of Pearson.  And if we are using our last retention spot, id just keep Pearson.

One thing to remember is that if you use the slot today, you cant use it in a draft day trade as it wont open til July 1st.

Now if we are trading Savard or Allen where we are getting rid of the contract for next season and getting value, it might make sense to use the spot (more savard than allen yes).

But for Tanner Pearson, the spot is worth more than a 5th or 6th we'd get even with retention.

Or we could use it to be third party in another trade and that might be worth a 2nd or 3rd, something more than Pearson is worth 

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

None of them had the contract of Pearson.  And if we are using our last retention spot, id just keep Pearson.

Exactly, in my earlier reply I completely disregarded the contract Pearson has ($3.25M). He is not going anywhere. 

Friedman at the intermission says teams are calling the Canucks about Elias Pettersson since there is no news on an extension and how that is progressing. Canucks are telling teams they are trying to sign him.

No doubt Vancouver wants him but if they came to loggerheads and a deal was impossible what would the Habs potentially offer?

Habs first plus Harris/Barron?

Calgary first, Winnipeg first, Guhle? 

I have no idea of value in a trade like this and obviously there would need to have a pre-negotiated contract in place but he would fit out team well. 

1 minute ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Friedman at the intermission says teams are calling the Canucks about Elias Pettersson since there is no news on an extension and how that is progressing. Canucks are telling teams they are trying to sign him.

No doubt Vancouver wants him but if they came to loggerheads and a deal was impossible what would the Habs potentially offer?

I have no idea of value in a trade like this and obviously there would need to have a pre-negotiated contract in place but he would fit out team well. 

I don't think those offers come close and I don't think Pettersson is going anywhere. The Canucks would be crazy to let him go after finally having a competitive team.  He is a center, 25 years old and a 90-100 pt guy. Of course teams are calling. 

10 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

The cost is gonna be huge.

Think something like Habs 1st, Winnipeg 1st, Guhle and Reinbacher.

Pettersson isnt even a rental.  He's RFA this summer.

At 25 and a guy who can score 90+ points, its gonna be expensive as hell.  Look at what LA paid for Dubois and hes not even close to as good as Pettersson.

9 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I don't think those offers come close and I don't think Pettersson is going anywhere. The Canucks would be crazy to let him go after finally having a competitive team.  He is a center, 25 years old and a 90-100 pt guy. Of course teams are calling. 

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

The cost is gonna be huge.

Think something like Habs 1st, Winnipeg 1st, Guhle and Reinbacher.

Pettersson isnt even a rental.  He's RFA this summer.

At 25 and a guy who can score 90+ points, its gonna be expensive as hell.  Look at what LA paid for Dubois and hes not even close to as good as Pettersson.

That is indeed a steep price. 

Gutting our future defence to solve our high end forward problem isn’t a good idea. 

Guhle, Reinbacker are probably going to be first pairing Dmen for a long time. 

37 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I think Vancouver would want Suzuki plus from Montreal. He would be almost impossible to replace. 

That could be an ask too.

I was thinking they overpay Lindholm with the money and run Miller/lindholm in their top six but asking for Suzuki wouldnt be out of the question here.

Pettersson is that good.

That said I think he eventually signs for 10m+ in vancouver 

YUP. Petterson will command a return as high as any player in recent memory. And rightly so.

That guy is a frigging 100-point, 40-goal franchise #1C. And he’s 25.

If I’m the Canucks, I absolutely demand a king’s ransom. Without him, they are looking at another decade in the wilderness. It either has to be the kind of return where you look at the receiving team and go, “whoa - they will be a powerhouse in 2-3 years” OR where they get something like Suzuki PLUS, such that they can reasonably claim to be at least as good as they were with Petey.

Anyway: if Petterson actually wants out, it can no longer be for the reason we used to hear about - i.e., that he doubted whether management could build a winner. So it has to be the other reason I’ve heard reported: he hates the over-heated media/fan environment of Vancouver. If that’s the case, then there is no way on God’s green earth he signs in Montreal.  

How about this trade (after checking the Athletic, https://theathletic.com/5237436/2024/01/30/canucks-2024-nhl-trade-deadline-tiers/,  and other sources)

To MTL: Tyler Myers (if MTL in his NTC trade list, $6M/pending UFA) Jonathan Lekkerimäki

To VAN: Josh Anderson ($5.5m/2027), Jordan Harris (50% 1.4M/2025) = $6.2M/cap-hit

VAN can send Arshdeep Bains down to make room under the cap and put Anderson in that spot. It gives them an SOB winger that performs well in the playoffs and would welcome a change of scenery. Harris gives them depth at the blueline and an option until Carson Soucy returns.

MTL: gets rid of Anderson's contract, gets a veteran defenseman that may allow a D prospect to go to LVL and gain more experience/development, it also clears the LD logjam for next season. This trade gets them a very good forward prospect than may be knocking on the NHL door in 1-2 years time, he as drafted 15th overall in 2022.

Lekkermaki is one of the top 15-20 prospects in all of hockey.  Vancouver isnt moving him for that.

Also Myers is an expiring contract who us playing decent (though below the value of his deal so hes slightly overpaid).  Anderson is massively overpaid based on what hes done this season, which is nothing.

I see this as a quick no from Vancouver.  Taking on more contract length for a worse player and trading one of their top 2 prospects, not happening.

12 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Lekkermaki is one of the top 15-20 prospects in all of hockey.  Vancouver isnt moving him for that.

Kinda thought he was bit much to ask for.

I dont know trades, but seems Leafs & Oilers (& Jets?) must be pretty desperate to go all-in, with top forwards in their peak.

6 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

How about this trade (after checking the Athletic, https://theathletic.com/5237436/2024/01/30/canucks-2024-nhl-trade-deadline-tiers/,  and other sources)

To MTL: Tyler Myers (if MTL in his NTC trade list, $6M/pending UFA) Jonathan Lekkerimäki

To VAN: Josh Anderson ($5.5m/2027), Jordan Harris (50% 1.4M/2025) = $6.2M/cap-hit

VAN can send Arshdeep Bains down to make room under the cap and put Anderson in that spot. It gives them an SOB winger that performs well in the playoffs and would welcome a change of scenery. Harris gives them depth at the blueline and an option until Carson Soucy returns.

MTL: gets rid of Anderson's contract, gets a veteran defenseman that may allow a D prospect to go to LVL and gain more experience/development, it also clears the LD logjam for next season. This trade gets them a very good forward prospect than may be knocking on the NHL door in 1-2 years time, he as drafted 15th overall in 2022.

I absolutely LOVE this trade from a Montreal point of view, we get a great prospect AND dump a contract for 1 expiring this year. Awesome!!!

I am 99.9999% sure Vancouver says no. 

56 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I absolutely LOVE this trade from a Montreal point of view, we get a great prospect AND dump a contract for 1 expiring this year. Awesome!!!

I am 99.9999% sure Vancouver says no. 

he was in the list from the Atheltic as available under the right circumstances. In most recent (1 month or less) publications he is not listed as untouchable.

So, yes. It all depends on whether it is true that a bruising winger with Stanley cup experience is viewed as a need for VAN.

Harris on D would help them too, on a deep cup run. He is a very good depth LD that can play RD. He is also young enough to be part of their team for a while. Anderson and Harris are not rentals, which is a type of player they have said they do not want.

It is unlikely to happen, but it is probable with low probability.

36 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

he was in the list from the Atheltic as available under the right circumstances. In most recent (1 month or less) publications he is not listed as untouchable.

So, yes. It all depends on whether it is true that a bruising winger with Stanley cup experience is viewed as a need for VAN.

Harris on D would help them too, on a deep cup run. He is a very good depth LD that can play RD. He is also young enough to be part of their team for a while. Anderson and Harris are not rentals, which is a type of player they have said they do not want.

It is unlikely to happen, but it is probable with low probability.

I don’t think Anderson is seeing as a bruising winger - mentally bruised and crushed winger sure. Bruising, not so much.the knuckleheads can do better than Anderson in pretty much any other similar player available. Anderson at 50% is still 100% of wasted cap space.