Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

I completely disagree with the idea of a rebuild. Our team is good! You can say that we finished 15th in the east... but! We lost more one goal games then any other team in the league. Throw in whoever our top pick is, a healthy Gionta, and whoever we can get with the Gomez cap space and those one goal tilts will easily be reversed!

Teams like Detroit or Vancouver have shown how to be great. Draft guys, stay loyal to guys, let them develop. Then you will have a loyal group of guys who have ties to the city! The canucks got almost all their guys to take price cuts for instance! Kesler wasn't anything special till his 5th season, the Sedins waited until their 5th year to break 45 points! Canucks stayed loyal and look what they got!

Let PK, Price, Eller and the rest of the youth GROW IN MONTREAL! Let them be the face of the habs for years to come, show stability in the organization and we will better be able to get more FA's like Cole! Then in 2 years, imo, we can contend!

Oh and with Nash yes he has put up those sorts of seasons... on a bad team... with bad linemates... but, reverse that coin, he is the only one on the team who can score, he is the one they always look to, is he in the elites? no. Look at what Kovalchuk did an Atlanta by himself, thats elite scoring. Crosby and Malkin have played most their careers with brutal wingers whose stats are just padded because they are playing with Crosby or Malkin, As you pointed out Nash doesn't hit! Why on earth doesn't he??

Subban's value is at a high level now. We probably even can sell him overpriced. We can acquire players that will fit important organizational needs now.

? Huh?

I'd say that a hard-hitting, two-way, minutes-eating #1-2 rushing defenceman who is young and can do pretty much everything out there with panache is an 'important organizational need.' You're talking about trading our BEST PLAYER at the position (defence) where we are most in need of talent.

There is no plausible scenario where trading Subban makes a lick of sense. For God's sake, we've got a total stud back there and he will only get better, and all season long a segment of fans has called for trading him. That's just nuts.

? Huh?

I'd say that a hard-hitting, two-way, minutes-eating #1-2 rushing defenceman who is young and can do pretty much everything out there with panache is an 'important organizational need.' You're talking about trading our BEST PLAYER at the position (defence) where we are most in need of talent.

There is no plausible scenario where trading Subban makes a lick of sense. For God's sake, we've got a total stud back there and he will only get better, and all season long a segment of fans has called for trading him. That's just nuts.

But what if trading him could land us Mike Green? A 30 goals scoring dman that we may have a chance of acquiring be cause of the Caps troubles and Green's injuries in the past 2 years. He's still very young. Sell high, buy low, that's the way to do it....

Subban is very good, and that's why we could acquire valuable assets in return. I like PK, but I'm not high on his individual plays and the disturbance he often seems to be among his own teammates. How many scurms was he involved in practices? It may be funny when you win, but when you lose, it hits on everyone's nerves.

Except Price, there should be no untouchables.

Subban is better than Green right now. Much better defensively, and Green has lost his offence even when he does play. Green has also sucked hard in the playoffs.

Markov is infinitely better than Troy Brouwer.

NHL 12 would reject this trade from the Habs side of things.

If Brouwer was a Habs, he would be:

3rd in goals scoring

3rd in PIM

1st in Hits (yes, more than Emelin)

1st in Block shots (among forwards)

5th in shots on goal

Let's just say he's a little better than Rene Bourque.

Trading Subban would be good for one thing :

Making people giving up on their spot in the season tickets waiting list. :)

But what if trading him could land us Mike Green? A 30 goals scoring dman that we may have a chance of acquiring be cause of the Caps troubles and Green's injuries in the past 2 years. He's still very young. Sell high, buy low, that's the way to do it....

Subban is very good, and that's why we could acquire valuable assets in return. I like PK, but I'm not high on his individual plays and the disturbance he often seems to be among his own teammates. How many scurms was he involved in practices? It may be funny when you win, but when you lose, it hits on everyone's nerves.

Except Price, there should be no untouchables.

Subban is three times the dman Green is.

Subban gets in scrums at practice with teammates because people say he's one of the few players who doesn't take a day off in practice. He'll play you as hard in practice as he does in a game. Some guys treat practice as a day off. Subban doesn't.

Why you would want to lose a guy like that is beyond me.

And we have too many of them. There is NO ROOM for Gallagher to play with the Habs next year, in 2 years or even in 3 years. Either we trade him or we make room for him.

It may just be me but I consider the fact that there isn't room for too many prospects next year to be a good thing. Force them to develop properly in Hamilton and if there is a huge rash of injuries like there was this season, the callup options are a lot better than the likes of Engqvist, Palushaj, and Dumont. Eventually you'll have to make room but you don't have to start making room for guys two and three years away from being full timers right now. The expiring contracts of Gionta, Kaberle, Gomez (if he's around still) in two years time will free up a couple of spots on their own.

I think a lot of people are assuming that Gallagher is going to replicate the same stellar training camp he had this year, next season and force his way on the time.

He might, but there is no guarantee.

I remember PK Subban had a similar camp before his last season in Belleville where he was the last defenceman cut, and a lot of people expected that he would show up at the 09 camp and make the team. He came in and didn't have near as good a camp... played the full season in Hamilton (except for 2 games), came up in the playoffs and the rest is history.

Subban gets in scrums at practice with teammates because people say he's one of the few players who doesn't take a day off in practice. He'll play you as hard in practice as he does in a game. Some guys treat practice as a day off. Subban doesn't.

Why you would want to lose a guy like that is beyond me.

There's a report on rds.ca (videos section). Several players refused to talk /answer questions about P.K. Subban in the post-season interviews.

There's a report on rds.ca (videos section). Several players refused to talk /answer questions about P.K. Subban in the post-season interviews.

Of course we don't know what the questions were, and chances are they were probably negative... why else would they be asked?

Hockey players are creatures of the cliche.

If they are going to get questions where they can't give a cliched answer they won't answer them at all.

I wonder, did other players answer questions about Price? about Markov? Plekanec?

Of course we don't know what the questions were, and chances are they were probably negative... why else would they be asked?

Hockey players are creatures of the cliche.

If they are going to get questions where they can't give a cliched answer they won't answer them at all.

I wonder, did other players answer questions about Price? about Markov? Plekanec?

Those were 5-10 minutes interviews with players. One question to Markov was "What do you think of PK's development this season?"

Answer: "Next question please"

Journalist replies: You don't want to say anything about PK?

Answer: No

Journalist said several other players gave similar answers.

Those were 5-10 minutes interviews with players. One question to Markov was "What do you think of PK's development this season?"

Answer: "Next question please"

Journalist replies: You don't want to say anything about PK?

Answer: No

Journalist said several other players gave similar answers.

These journalists wouldn't be French would they?

Yeah, some people are coming up and saying Markov and Subban have a great relationship off the ice and Markov was always communicating with Subban about his game when Markov was still hurt.

This is the same shit we saw when everyone was saying that Gill hated Subban because he couldn't mentor him. Seriously, this is the exact same stuff we saw about Price. Now Price is untouchable, Subban still isn't.

Yup, total crap based on a media-driven theory about PK.

Subban is a stallion only half broken in, and he's gonna buck occasionally. Big shmeal. The kid is a beast and will BE a beast for years to come. Fans should appreciate and enjoy having him on our team instead of fretting - we haven't had a defenceman of that calibre come up since Markov and, before that, Desjardins and Chelios. Note that the organization shipped the latter two out of town and has regretted it ever since.

Yup, total crap based on a media-driven theory about PK.

Subban is a stallion only half broken in, and he's gonna buck occasionally. Big shmeal. The kid is a beast and will BE a beast for years to come. Fans should appreciate and enjoy having him on our team instead of fretting - we haven't had a defenceman of that calibre come up since Markov and, before that, Desjardins and Chelios. Note that the organization shipped the latter two out of town and has regretted it ever since.

Hammer on the head.

@brianwildectv

Only Markov as far as I know wouldn't talk PK. I wasn't interested for my report. Too much unknown speculation

Frankly, Markov was testy with everyone about everything today. Answered tersely many questions. For me... leave it, no biggie.

@brianwildectv

Only Markov as far as I know wouldn't talk PK. I wasn't interested for my report. Too much unknown speculation

Frankly, Markov was testy with everyone about everything today. Answered tersely many questions. For me... leave it, no biggie.

Probably irritated at the season.

Probably irritated at the season.

i think it was answering basically the same question several times from different reporters was irritating him and who can blame him.

Alot of talk of Molson allowing the new GM to bury Gomez obviously but there was talk of Kaberle as well. I cannot stand the acquisition but cannot deny he is a point producer. I wouldn't object to a Kaberle trade but would select him ahead of Weber and Diaz in terms of play (salary not included)