Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

i think kaberle for spacek was a no brainer!! the assets the leafs got 8 months prior shows this. trade high you get what the leafs got trade low and you get what carolina got. its like real estate man, PG made a good "real estate move in my opinon"

minus the first 20 games of the season for all the stanley cup champs (entire bruins roster) including kaberle who all sh*t the bed (and you'll see he's played alright since). we talk plus/minus but we must remember that kaberle has played for the 2 last place teams in the league. his plus minus is obviuosly going to stink.

no matter what all the haters think kaberle is in fact an asset. and with 2 seasons left on his contract. i would put money down that a resurgent habs team next season will see kaberle's stock rise considerably. maybe not to the tone of 2 x 1st rounders and a 2nd alla leafs but definetly for a good prospect and pick (alla rivet?). it would be foolish of us to think that the habs after a dismal season wouldnt return to the upper echlons of the PP which they've held for the better part of 7 years now minus this year. with that staus comesincreased value of there offensive guys (most notably kaberle)

bourque /cammalleri

just my thoughts... bourque is a whole other story. both he and camms are streaky! the difference when there both bad one is a liability in the defensive end (camms) and the other isnt.

• 1 will always be big and strong the other wont.
  • 1 will be paid 6 million. the other will be paid 3 million.
  • 1 team will have a top 10 WHL scorer joining there organization in october the other wont.
  • 1 will have a 2nd round pick to choose from the other wont.
  • 1 has carey price the other has a possible lifer in the KHL

Hearts... you do know that Cammalleri is right now hot in Calgary right?

u mean one assist in last 2 games?

Whatever we make of the trade, we shouldn't deny that Cammalleri has it in him to be an elite scoring winger in the NHL. Something's gone wrong for him this season, but I don't think it changes that basic fact. Bourque, meanwhile, is at best an adequate second-line winger; in effect we traded Cammy for an older version of Kostitsyn. There almost certainly will come a time when Cammy is producing like an all-star for an extended period of time. Anyone defending that trade had better focus on the cap space gained and the 2nd round pick.

Whatever we make of the trade, we shouldn't deny that Cammalleri has it in him to be an elite scoring winger in the NHL. Something's gone wrong for him this season, but I don't think it changes that basic fact. Bourque, meanwhile, is at best an adequate second-line winger; in effect we traded Cammy for an older version of Kostitsyn. There almost certainly will come a time when Cammy is producing like an all-star for an extended period of time. Anyone defending that trade had better focus on the cap space gained and the 2nd round pick.

I don't really understand the cap space advantage being talked about. Bourque and Cammy both make $12m. Cammi's contract is done in 2 years. We're stuck with Bourque for 4. Do you think that extra $3m of cap space would really help us become contenders the next year or two ?

I don't really understand the cap space advantage being talked about. Bourque and Cammy both make $12m. Cammi's contract is done in 2 years. We're stuck with Bourque for 4. Do you think that extra $3m of cap space would really help us become contenders the next year or two ?

It's about the annual hit. If he continues to score 27 goals per year, his hit is good. And we save money. The savings does help us be contenders in the next year or two, if you believe we've under achieved and can improve with intelligent moves. I don't think you believe that, and you're certainly entitled to your opinion. You might prove to be right, and we'll lose for years to come.

exactly - 6 mil for a 20 goal scorer on the 2nd line is expensive while 3 mil for a 20 goal scorer on the 2nd line is fine (for example). i liked Cami but he wasnt value at his position. I'd rather go out now and sign a UFA at 6 mil who actually produces like a 6 mil dollar cap hit player should.

exactly - 6 mil for a 20 goal scorer on the 2nd line is expensive while 3 mil for a 20 goal scorer on the 2nd line is fine (for example). i liked Cami but he wasnt value at his position. I'd rather go out now and sign a UFA at 6 mil who actually produces like a 6 mil dollar cap hit player should.

He has five points in six games and is one of the best playoff producers in the NHL for the last two years. If Calgary doesn't make the playoffs he's worthless. If Calgary makes the playoffs he could be the key to them upsetting the Red Wings or Canucks.

hear hear

It's about the annual hit. If he continues to score 27 goals per year, his hit is good. And we save money. The savings does help us be contenders in the next year or two, if you believe we've under achieved and can improve with intelligent moves. I don't think you believe that, and you're certainly entitled to your opinion. You might prove to be right, and we'll lose for years to come.

Pretty obvious difference between 12 mill over 2years and 12 over 4 years,

He has five points in six games and is one of the best playoff producers in the NHL for the last two years. If Calgary doesn't make the playoffs he's worthless. If Calgary makes the playoffs he could be the key to them upsetting the Red Wings or Canucks.

Bottom line is that Cammi is a much more talented player than Bourque could ever hope to be. Where is the Bourque that I heard is big,tough,physical and uses his size? I'm seeing the one that all of Calgary talked about.A lazy floater who every once in a while shows flashes. Like I said,I would have rather kept Cammi for 2 years,than this slug for 4. Even though we won't make the playoffs this year, we have a chnace to make it the next two.

Even though we are or should be sellers,there is no reason we couldn't go after a Bobby Ryan or getzlaf(if we can extend him). Eller,Gorges and picks could do it.

Not really, no.

You don't think Eller,Gorges and our #1 pick could land us a star player? It wouldn't be as bad for us because we should have a bunch of 2nds coming in and the defense we have coming up. We don't have much for offense in the system,besides a few unproven smurfs(Gallagher,Kristo etc.)and nothing in Hamilton.

which i did.... and the holland for a goalie who will find absolutley zero chance in montreal over the foreseeable future

Pretty obvious difference between 12 mill over 2years and 12 over 4 years,

lol i know

getzlaf is no perry! personally i think we'd be making a mistake bringing in getzlaf for a young gorges eller and at this rate possibly grigenko.

what i would like to do is throw gomez's cap relief at suter (a defender big and tough that can produce)

we have carey price who should be elevating his game even more as he matures and we should be sheltering him

suter subban

markov gorges

emelin diaz

with a strong pipeline in hamilton in 2012/13

kaberle, weber, campoli (defenders on the softer side need to go)

id also like to see the habs pick up a UFA like kelly or gausted for the 3rd,4th line and really run 4 lines next season

You don't think Eller,Gorges and our #1 pick could land us a star player? It wouldn't be as bad for us because we should have a bunch of 2nds coming in and the defense we have coming up. We don't have much for offense in the system,besides a few unproven smurfs(Gallagher,Kristo etc.)and nothing in Hamilton.

Trade them for Getzlaf, Getzlaf leaves next season, back to 15th in the East.

As for many of you that heard by now, Pat Hickey from the gazette announced that the habs have put Plekanec on the market. Off course this could be another false rumor, and add the fact that Pleks agent came out and said he does not want to go anywhere and will not waive his ntc, then all this is bullshit. But yet i'd like to put my perspective of all this. Reading comments from hab fans regarding this story today, everyone seems to be against trading Pleks.

My question is why not? I know he is one of our best and most reliable players, but people wake up! if we have chance to put him in a package for an AllStar player like Nash or Getzlaff I wouldn't even hesitate. I know we have one of the most BoBo headed GM in the NHL, and I shouldn't get my hopes up believing we can win any deal involving pleks considering everyone thinks he'll trade pleks for draft picks and prospects (which is much easier to believe he'll do that). But I honestly think he's not that stupid, he knows we have a lot of good young pieces here in patches, subban, price, deharnais, eller, emelin, leblanc, geoffrion, and white, and add in our good veteran group in Cole, Pleks, Moen, Gionta, Markov and Bourque, this is still a formidable team. And add the fact that Gauthier's last 2 deals were very good in my eyes, with him getting solid prospects in Geoffrion and Holland, 25 goal scorer in Bourque, and two 2nd round picks for this year and next, for the overated cammalleri and an aging gill, u have to admit that's very impressive. But if gauthier is willing to deal pleks one of our best players, he better be getting equal or higher value for him (meaning an established NHL player with similiar or higher pedigree) and he should knows this because his job is on life support right now. So if you tell me We can get a Getzlaf for a Plekanec, Weber or diaz, nashville 2nd rounder this year and our first next year I wouldn't even hesitate, why? because he is big, productive and is an allstar. Same goes for Nash i'll give pleks, kostitsyn and diaz (don't like him whatsoever), and a first next year why? because montreal needs a superstar end of story. If Gauthier is able to pull off a trade bringing a superstar to montreal and still maintain our 1st rounder this year, I would actually jump the bandwagon and hope he stays because that would be a major step forward heading into the offseason, that for me would salvage the season. But then again all it takes is another kaberle trade to set us back once more.

For the right deal I'd trade anyone on our roster.

For the right deal of course. When it comes to Pleks we would need a center. A center who is capable in the two-way game, losing Gill, Pleks and possibly Moen would be terrible for our PK which is an essential part of our club. Mainly because we take to many minor penalties, but still its crucial.

So I wouldn't be okay with trading Pleks for a one dimensional offensive guy, it would leave to big of a hole in our roster.

I was actually being sarcastic. The posting I was replying to was originally titled "I would trade pleks for the right deal" or something like that.

IMO, the core to keep is price, Subban, maxpac, cole, gorges, Eller, pleks, Emelin, dd (as a winger), ak46 and of course markov, given he is healthy. We need a true #1 centre, and two big sob stay at home dmen - one of whom can also contribute offensively.

Having said that, if yzerman called and offered stamkos and Hedman for price and gorges, I'd probably say yes and if the pens offered Malkin for price I'd make the deal before they could change their mind.

For the right deal of course. When it comes to Pleks we would need a center. A center who is capable in the two-way game, losing Gill, Pleks and possibly Moen would be terrible for our PK which is an essential part of our club. Mainly because we take to many minor penalties, but still its crucial.

So I wouldn't be okay with trading Pleks for a one dimensional offensive guy, it would leave to big of a hole in our roster.