Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Alot of talk of Molson allowing the new GM to bury Gomez obviously but there was talk of Kaberle as well. I cannot stand the acquisition but cannot deny he is a point producer. I wouldn't object to a Kaberle trade but would select him ahead of Weber and Diaz in terms of play (salary not included)

I think we should part ways with Kaberle so we could have this line up.

Georges-PK

Markov-Emelin

Diaz-UFA bigger guy.

Weber

Or... part ways with Weber and have Diaz as the 7th... but I think this line up would be better for the habs in 2 years.

I'm betting Weber gets traded for an extra draft pick at the draft.

Yeah thats what I'm expecting as well... he deserves the chance to make a teams top 6 I think, we don't have room for his kind of player here.

I don`t think G-hate should be demoted to the AHL (I know I also said to not buy out his contract and to trade him) but if the only options to the Habs are to buyout or demote (only to AHL) then and only then buyout. This guy should not be hanging around the team let alone the future of this org.

A cap floor team might still have interest in him and if he refuses the trade then maybe a threat of the ECHL might make him re-think the refusal.

Maybe a couple of weeks in he ECHL (or a lower league) might be better for a guy like Gomez.

To think there was a time when I really thought he would be great for us and then there was that brief (summer) moment when I also thought he would be sure have a better season. ohhh how(son) wrong was I!!!

A cap floor team might still have interest in him and if he refuses the trade then maybe a threat of the ECHL might make him re-think the refusal.

Maybe a couple of weeks in he ECHL (or a lower league) might be better for a guy like Gomez.

Can't do the ECHL route. The CBA prohibits NHL'ers from being assigned lower than the AHL (unless they give permission to which means there wouldn't be much of a threat).

Can't do the ECHL route. The CBA prohibits NHL'ers from being assigned lower than the AHL (unless they give permission to which means there wouldn't be much of a threat).

biggest suckfest of 2012

If we don't buy him out, I'm betting we loan him to a different league. Gomez would look great in the KHL.

Or Sweden, or Finland, or Norway or just away far away :)

I don`t think G-hate should be demoted to the AHL (I know I also said to not buy out his contract and to trade him) but if the only options to the Habs are to buyout or demote (only to AHL) then and only then buyout. This guy should not be hanging around the team let alone the future of this org.

To think there was a time when I really thought he would be great for us and then there was that brief (summer) moment when I also thought he would be sure have a better season. ohhh how(son) wrong was I!!!

The buy out is 4 years of cap hits on him... some of them of at 3.5 million and 4.5 million in the first two years. Way too much if there is no amnesty buyout.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone else think we shouldn't have let Pouliot go so soon? He seems to be having a good season with the bruins. Is that just because they are a better team or do you think he is just maturing and playing to his potential? I would have liked us to have stuck with him a bit longer.

(null)

Slightly off topic, but does anyone else think we shouldn't have let Pouliot go so soon? He seems to be having a good season with the bruins. Is that just because they are a better team or do you think he is just maturing and playing to his potential? I would have liked us to have stuck with him a bit longer.

(null)

Better team. Pouliot came in as a bottom sixer for the Bruins and accumulated 32 points, just two more than what he was getting in a supposed top six role with the Canadiens.

True, but for around $1m per season those are pretty cheap points especially for a guy who can play top 6 when needed. Although I get your point that he probably wouldn't get those points with the habs.

(null)

True, but for around $1m per season those are pretty cheap points especially for a guy who can play top 6 when needed. Although I get your point that he probably wouldn't get those points with the habs.

(null)

We couldn't sign him for 1 million per season. We had to qualify him with an offer of nearly double that, or let him go as a UFA.

We didn't qualify him.

They rightly didn't qualify him, but they also didn't even try to sign him for less then his qualifying offer.

In any event he like sk74, ak46, lats and laps wasn't going to have much prolonged success under Martin anyway. Unlike Gomez, as soon as one of this guys did anything wrong, Martin would chew them out.

We couldn't sign him for 1 million per season. We had to qualify him with an offer of nearly double that, or let him go as a UFA.

We didn't qualify him.

They rightly didn't qualify him, but they also didn't even try to sign him for less then his qualifying offer.

Did you see his interview this week where he said that Montreal was a shit show and it was really tough to play here, and he couldn't be happier to leave.

I don't think the guy was giving us any hometown discount. Once he became a UFA he was gone.

The point isn't whether he would have taken a hometown discount, the point is whether he was even approached.

As far as the shit show goes, given all that went on this year, is he really off the mark with his comments???

Did you see his interview this week where he said that Montreal was a shit show and it was really tough to play here, and he couldn't be happier to leave.

I don't think the guy was giving us any hometown discount. Once he became a UFA he was gone.

The point isn't whether he would have taken a hometown discount, the point is whether he was even approached.

Wait, what?

He had to be offered a qualifying offer by Montreal of more than what he was making. In that situation, a hometown discount is *STILL* $2M.

Pouliot is a classic hothouse flower. Minny couldn't do anything with him. Neither could Montreal. Both organizations made the mistake of asking him to play somewhere close to the measure of his talent. No, he had to find a role as a bottom-6 guy on a stacked team where he is heavily insulated by behemoths and Cup champs. In short, he is a passenger who found himself in a perfect situation - no expectations, ideally surrounded. Good for him. But don't try to tell me we lost some gem there.

Wait, what?

He had to be offered a qualifying offer by Montreal of more than what he was making. In that situation, a hometown discount is *STILL* $2M.

I'm pretty sure his QO was just for 100% as he made more than the 10 or 5% thresholds ($1.65 M I think was his salary?). Still, he could have been unqualified and signed cheaper, something Matt D'Agostini did with the Blues. That said, they made the right call letting him go in my opinion.

Pouliot is a classic hothouse flower. Minny couldn't do anything with him. Neither could Montreal. Both organizations made the mistake of asking him to play somewhere close to the measure of his talent. No, he had to find a role as a bottom-6 guy on a stacked team where he is heavily insulated by behemoths and Cup champs. In short, he is a passenger who found himself in a perfect situation - no expectations, ideally surrounded. Good for him. But don't try to tell me we lost some gem there.

Especially since he was a classic case of, "Got his shit together so now everyone is talking about him". Pouliot was about to be waived earlier in the season.

Especially since he was a classic case of, "Got his shit together so now everyone is talking about him". Pouliot was about to be waived earlier in the season.

Yeah its not even like he had a good (full) season, he was a healthy scratch a couple times at the begging of the year I believe.

They could choose not to qualify, but attempt to sign him for less before he became a UFA.

Wait, what?

I would have preferred seeing him with Eller and Ak46 then some of the crap linemates Eller had to endure.

Yeah its not even like he had a good (full) season, he was a healthy scratch a couple times at the begging of the year I believe.