Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Thats a bold statement.

I would disagree.

Don't get me wrong. PK is my favorite player in the league. Absolutely love the guy. I just think Murray and Dumba will be better.

So as a follow up as well.....Habs would land a decent prospect in De Haan plus shed the $7.4 cap hit which would be free to throw a massive deal to Parise or Suter or something.

Exactly. If we move Subban I want to hear that we just got Malkin or Stamkos - just like when I heard the habs traded Roy, I had visions of Sakic and Forsberg and almost had a heart attack when I heard we got spare crumbs. If Houle and Tremblay were anywhere near me on that day, I think I would have shot them!

Malkin and Stamkos are Hart candidates.

Malkin and Stamkos are Hart candidates.

Exactly - that's how high my opinon of Subban's potential is. He is the best Dman we've had since Chelios.

Thats a bold statement.

I would disagree.

Murray has more "future Captain" in him, is better defensively and is better skater than Subban, but not offensively.

Dumba is a wildcard and could be better at everything than Subban is , tougher, more offense, better shot, tougher; but is several years away and still is only playing vs teenagers.

So i would say a toss up, but Subban has already proven himself and is the most important skater on Habs roster for sure and will only get better. Would be one big risk to trade him at his age.

I'd say he has that potential but we had some guy named Andrei Markov since...

I love Markov, but I think the team that he played on during his early years and the injuries he got during the years he should have been showing Norris potential prevented him from being a top 5 Dman in the league, which Chelios was and which I think Subban can become.

I know a lot of people disagree here, but I think if we had someone other then Martin as coach, Subban could have been much further along in his development. I'm really hoping that they allow him the offensive freedom that Letang and Karlsson have been given.

Murray has more "future Captain" in him, is better defensively and is better skater than Subban, but not offensively. Dumba is a wildcard and could be better at everything than Subban is , tougher, more offense, better shot, tougher; but is several years away and still is only playing vs teenagers. So i would say a toss up, but Subban has already proven himself and is the most important skater on Habs roster for sure and will only get better. Would be one big risk to trade him at his age.

I think we've seen enough of Subban to gauge what he can become. While Murray and Dumba have a lot of potential, we don't know if their development path is going to be like Doughty or Bogosian - and I'm by no means writing off Bogosian. Just because will be picked higher in their draft year, is no guarantee that they will be better players then Subban.

I think we've seen enough of Subban to gauge what he can become. While Murray and Dumba have a lot of potential, we don't know if their development path is going to be like Doughty or Bogosian - and I'm by no means writing off Bogosian. Just because will be picked higher in their draft year, is no guarantee that they will be better players then Subban.

I would put Bogosian in class with Hedman/Larsson as top picks that should of been more mid 1st rounders at best, will be good but not top 5 good.

And i agree, trading Subban is not something i would even consider.

Exactly - that's how high my opinon of Subban's potential is. He is the best Dman we've had since Chelios.

I wouldn't trade a Hart candidate for 3 players that "could be" Hart candidates one day. But hey, I'm not a NHL GM.

I never said I would either if im yzrerman or shero. I'm just saying that if I'm the gm of the habs, I don't move Subban unless those are the types of players I'm getting back.

I wouldn't trade a Hart candidate for 3 players that "could be" Hart candidates one day. But hey, I'm not a NHL GM.

I know a lot of people disagree here, but I think if we had someone other then Martin as coach, Subban could have been much further along in his development. I'm really hoping that they allow him the offensive freedom that Letang and Karlsson have been given.

He may have scored more but his defensive game might have stagnated, which was always his biggest concern and I'd say he's very reliable now. Besides, it was the sophomore slump. Happens to 2/3rds of hockey players.

I think JM was investing in making PK a bona-fide professional with a rounded game rather than a blazing hotshot who was bound to alienate his teammates and hurt the team defensively. It's a fine line between that and stifling his spirit, but almost any other coach would have done the same. In any case, insofar as PK struggled a bit last season, the likeliest cause is not coaching, but that he was not insulated properly. He should not be asked to be the team's #1 defender at this stage of his career. But with the damned injuries to Markov, The Goat's moronic refusal to even attempt to re-sign Wisniewski, and our complete failure even to replace Hammer, PK was left to the wolves. And even then, he coped pretty well, all things considered. The guy went from -9 to +18 (on a dismal club!) and still bagged 36 points.

Incidentally, that PK 'might be available' is being routinely included in discussions of trade rumours on Vancouver radio. I'm sure Bergevin is just keeping an open mind...but it's still a tad unsettling to those who think like Habs29 and myself.

What, if anything, could Montreal offer that could get them left Wing Bobby Ryan from the Ducks? Has he not averaged 30 goals a season? That would not be bad to give Plekanek for left wing help. Just thinking while enjoying a Vodka Tonic?

What, if anything, could Montreal offer that could get them left Wing Bobby Ryan from the Ducks? Has he not averaged 30 goals a season? That would not be bad to give Plekanek for left wing help. Just thinking while enjoying a Vodka Tonic?

Bobby Ryan has his eyes set on becoming a Flyer. Said it in the press. He'll be a Flyer. Getting traded anywhere else will make him unhappy.

Subban or Pacioretty, or something along those lines, so forget about it! Be better to try and use Desharnais, Weber + prospect/picks maybe for a #2 centre?

Subban or Pacioretty, or something along those lines, so forget about it! Be better to try and use Desharnais, Weber + prospect/picks maybe for a #2 centre?

DD is very cheap labour and I don't see many teams taking a gamble on him like we did. He seems completely facilitated by the top line. We need a winger to compliment Plekanec because we now have our number one (Galchenyuk) and number two (Plekanec) centres. We need to eventually see how DD will play on a wing and see how the top line goes being broken up.

So unless we're trading DD for another "had a really good season, has question marks, soon to be RFA" we might as well keep him and find him a new role.

DD is very cheap labour and I don't see many teams taking a gamble on him like we did. He seems completely facilitated by the top line. We need a winger to compliment Plekanec because we now have our number one (Galchenyuk) and number two (Plekanec) centres. We need to eventually see how DD will play on a wing and see how the top line goes being broken up.

So unless we're trading DD for another "had a really good season, has question marks, soon to be RFA" we might as well keep him and find him a new role.

So if you are against trading Plekanec or Desharnais, and we all know Galchenyuk will not be a top centre for Habs for at least 2 more seasons and you think adding a winger to Plekanec is a cup winning change in the meantime?

I have to disagree and i think one of these 2 centre positions needs an upgrade this year if want real change.

If Bergevin can add an all star type centre and a big tough d-man on backend, i think would do wonders and that is all that is needed doing next Sunday.

and we all know Galchenyuk will not be a top centre for Habs for at least 2 more seasons

Wait, we know? How do we know? I think he'll get 50 points in his first full rookie year. I have that confidence in him. I'm fine with Galchenyuk/Plekanec.

If Bergevin can add an all star type centre

We do not have the assets to trade for an all-star center. Accept it.

Wait, we know? How do we know? I think he'll get 50 points in his first full rookie year. I have that confidence in him. I'm fine with Galchenyuk/Plekanec.

We do not have the assets to trade for an all-star center. Accept it.

You are putting him in as a top 2 centre this fall? I am normally too optimistic about many prospects, but i see him in Sarnia and likely is best place for his development, as the pressure in his rookie year will be just a bit high for an 18 year old.

Plekanec or Desharnais + Beaulieu + picks and/or more could get you a nice centre, didnt say it wouldnt be painless, but of course have the assets.

Anyways; we will see Sunday/Monday if Bergevin wants to put his stamp on team or be conservative.

I am both a Plekanec and Desharnais fan, but i just see them as the best asset in a deal for a centre.(trade a centre for a centre +stuff)

You are putting him in as a top 2 centre this fall? I am normally too optimistic about many prospects, but i see him in Sarnia and likely is best place for his development, as the pressure in his rookie year will be just a bit high for an 18 year old.

Plekanec or Desharnais + Beaulieu + picks and/or more could get you a nice centre, didnt say it wouldnt be painless, but of course have the assets.

Anyways; we will see Sunday/Monday if Bergevin wants to put his stamp on team or be conservative.

I am both a Plekanec and Desharnais fan, but i just see them as the best asset in a deal for a centre.(trade a centre for a centre +stuff)

I hope Pleks stays and that we trade Desharnais. Plekanec is better than him in all facets of the game. Problem is Desharnais' value is not very high

First of all, nobody should be making plans on the assumption that Galy makes the team and secures a top-6 role. That is the wish-fulfillment scenario, but you have to be realistic. He's not superman. I am as excited about this pick as anyone, but he will be a work in progress and most likely NOT a regular NHLer next season.

The likeliest scenario has us playing another season, or ever two, with Pleks/DD as our top-C, easing Galy into the role in year two. I could see moving Desharnais at the deadline in 2014, for instance, if we're satisfied with Galy's progress. I for one think Desharnais will have decent value if he can prove last season was not a fluke. Any team looking for offence cannot neglect a 60-point playmaking pivot.

Another variable nobody talks about is Desharnais's own arc of development. Everyone just assumes that he peaked last season. That could well be, but he remains a young player just finding himself at the NHL level. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that he crank it up even further as he progresses. In this case, the givens shift. Pleks is clearly the more valuable centreman, but what if DD adds another 10-15 points to last season's total? Suddenly the picture looks different.

Finally: going forward, we'll still need wingers (unless we do move Desharnais over to wing). A strategy whereby we plan for Pleks/DD down the middle and compensate for that weakness by bolstering the situation at W would result in a much stronger overall team when Galy finally does take over. Then, instead of having a stud at C and so-so wingers, we'd have great wingers complemented by a rising star.

Just a few thoughts.

CC

I think the problem is here is the assumption that he does start the season with the Habs. Therrien as bench boss, his decision to keep Malkin, Crosbym, Staal, some would argue Letang as well, at the NHL instead of spending time in the AHL or back to junior.

I think in general people see this and then correlate the same will happen to Galchenyuk. Forgot the fact that Malkin and Crosby are the 2 best centers in the game. Forget the fact that Staal had a bigger body than most NHLers. Most have him pencilled in.

If it were up to me even if Galchenyuk was ready he would be sent to the OHL. Let him dominate at that level and then be sent to the WJC where we'll see more of our prospects and then let's see him try to make the team in the 2013-14 season. Let's not turn this kid into the next Guillaume Latendresse.

Going into the season with DD and Plek as top two centers would be a joke. IF Bergy and co have any gumption, which we know they do, this will not happen. Personally, I pray it doesn't.

This is the type of opportunity where the org has two players of similar ilk and need to make a decision. As mentioned above, Plek clearly has more value and as CC pointed out and it is the truth.. DD has improved on every season he has played professionally. There is no reason to assume he wont be back at par or at least improve. Especially considering he has established himself on a scoring line with proper wingers. Something we haven't seen since before Zednik got mashed by Mclaren. Imo. Plek is the chip to move.

I'm all for trading Bourque as well. I really don't want to see him on the starting roster. I'd much rather they re-sign Kostitsyn with the Bourque funds and at least have the monster we know. If the AK option isn't a viable one to management, then they have extra funds to approach players on the market, or an extra roster spot for a kid to potentially fill. As Bourque was shipped out of Chicago during Bergy's tenure, I'm certain he isn't 'feeling' having him on his roster at the moment. Imo, of course. Hell, maybe they're boys...