Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

What/ he shows up once with a hi-lite reel goal and we are all over him. He was overhyped in Montreal because he was Latendress replacement who we giveup two picks for. Once Pouliot gets on 3rd/4th line and a paycheck at that level he is fine. He can easily be replaced and not that big of loss.

What/ he shows up once with a hi-lite reel goal and we are all over him. He was overhyped in Montreal because he was Latendress replacement who we giveup two picks for. Once Pouliot gets on 3rd/4th line and a paycheck at that level he is fine. He can easily be replaced and not that big of loss.

He also barely produced more then last season... on a much better team. I don't see what the fuss is all about.

Sorry but this discussion is probably my fault. I thought he was getting about $1m per season and on that basis thought he might have been worth keeping. Apparently though, we had to offer $2m at which point my argument goes out the window.

(null)

It has never really been talked about but I think now is the time to get a #1 center who will help the team for years. My suggestion is to offer the #3 pick along with Kaberle & Nokelainen to Colorado for Paul Stastny & there 2nd round pick next year. We get a 26 year old first line center & move Kaberle's contract. I think Colorado would jump at it to try and land Forsberg to play with Landeskog. I would also make an offer to Ryan Suter on July 1 if he is a UFA. Offer him a 5 yr deal for 30 mil. Then we pair him with Subban & have Markov, Gorges for our second pairing. The other UFA I would go after is Matt Carkner to play with Emelin. This will allow Emelin to play physical and have some one to protect him. We have St. Denis for our 7'th D-man. This also means we have Diaz & Weber to move. I would offer Weber & Palushaj to NYI for M. Grabner & offer Bourque & Diaz to St. Louis for Chris Stewart who seems to be in Hitchcock's doghouse. Stewart had a big year a couple of years ago in Colorado playing with Stastny & have Grabner on the other wing to make up our # 1 line. Leaving Pac's/Desharnais/Cole as the second line & move Eller to the wing on the third line with Plekanec & Gionta. Leaving a fourth line of White/Geoffrion/Staubitz with Blunden as the extra forward.

That's my 2012/13 line up.

#3 pick along with Kaberle & Nokelainen to Colorado for Paul Stastny & there 2nd round pick next year - (3rd for Stasny... maybe. Giving them Kaberle and Nokia for a 2nd? Why would they want Kaberle, yes Colorado has space now... but they need to sign guys this offseason and are a growing team, they want youth not Kaberle. Nokia, can't crack the worst in the east's line up no one would trade for him now. This deal makes little to no sense for Colorado.)

I would also make an offer to Ryan Suter on July 1 if he is a UFA. Offer him a 5 yr deal for 30 mil. - (Impossible to fit under cap. We need to sign Eller, Price, PK, plus diaz and emelin. Given your other deals this cant work. Plus Detroit will be more enticing for him.)

The other UFA I would go after is Matt Carkner to play with Emelin. (Another bad knee on the team?)

Weber & Palushaj to NYI for M. Grabner - (Why on earth would they accept this! Palushaj hasn't proven anything Weber can't crack the last in the east's lineup for a proven NHL 20+ goal scorer. Makes zero sense. Would only happen if Milbury was still in charge.)

Bourque & Diaz to St. Louis for Chris Stewart (I say we are over paying here.)

I would also make an offer to Ryan Suter on July 1 if he is a UFA. Offer him a 5 yr deal for 30 mil. - (Impossible to fit under cap. We need to sign Eller, Price, PK, plus diaz and emelin. Given your other deals this cant work. Plus Detroit will be more enticing for him.)

If you can get Suter, you do it and work on getting under the cap for the rest of the offseason.

• Upvote 1

If you can get Suter, you do it and work on getting under the cap for the rest of the offseason.

Of course... but given his other moves I don't think that is reasonable.

It has never really been talked about but I think now is the time to get a #1 center who will help the team for years. My suggestion is to offer the #3 pick along with Kaberle & Nokelainen to Colorado for Paul Stastny & there 2nd round pick next year. We get a 26 year old first line center & move Kaberle's contract. I think Colorado would jump at it to try and land Forsberg to play with Landeskog. I would also make an offer to Ryan Suter on July 1 if he is a UFA. Offer him a 5 yr deal for 30 mil. Then we pair him with Subban & have Markov, Gorges for our second pairing. The other UFA I would go after is Matt Carkner to play with Emelin. This will allow Emelin to play physical and have some one to protect him. We have St. Denis for our 7'th D-man. This also means we have Diaz & Weber to move. I would offer Weber & Palushaj to NYI for M. Grabner & offer Bourque & Diaz to St. Louis for Chris Stewart who seems to be in Hitchcock's doghouse. Stewart had a big year a couple of years ago in Colorado playing with Stastny & have Grabner on the other wing to make up our # 1 line. Leaving Pac's/Desharnais/Cole as the second line & move Eller to the wing on the third line with Plekanec & Gionta. Leaving a fourth line of White/Geoffrion/Staubitz with Blunden as the extra forward.

That's my 2012/13 line up.

There's no way i'd move our #3 pick for Stasny and I can't see the avs wanting Kaberle - if they did, they could have gotten him for practically nothing during this past year when they still had a shot at the playoffs - IF they actually thought that Kaberle could help them get into the playoffs.

As for Suter, would love to have him, but do you really think he would sign in Montreal for $30 for 5 years??? He will easily get $7M+ and probably more years from teams that operate in more tax friendly locations.

if QcC was to get a team then for the sake of messing with QcC hockey fans I can see the Habs getting Stastny but NEVER for the 3rd OA pick. that is just too much to pay for him. I would rather the Habs pick Galy or Forsberg with that pick.

If the Habs had to trade that pick for a center I would rather they go get a Gezlaf type C, not a Stastny one.

If Sutter is to cost 7 mil a sason then why not go after Shea Weber? Seems to me as he would provide a better bang... for the buck, ... as a buck whatever you prefer :P

I wonder what it would take to get Joe Thornton from San Jose? There's a chance they might make a trade or two in the off season to shake things up. I would offer them Plekanec, Kristo and a 2nd round pick, throw in Weber if need be. They probably wouldn't do it but it wouldn't hurt to try.

I wonder what it would take to get Joe Thornton from San Jose? There's a chance they might make a trade or two in the off season to shake things up. I would offer them Plekanec, Kristo and a 2nd round pick, throw in Weber if need be. They probably wouldn't do it but it wouldn't hurt to try.

You don't want Thornton and Thornton would not want to play for Montreal. He hates the Canadiens. Always has.

You don't want Thornton and Thornton would not want to play for Montreal. He hates the Canadiens. Always has.

I'll take a point per game center, former MVP, who is huge, regardless if he hates the Habs. It's not like he wouldn't try while wearing le blue blanc et rouge. If he had to waive a NTC, then that is a different story.

I'll take a point per game center, former MVP, who is huge, regardless if he hates the Habs. It's not like he wouldn't try while wearing le blue blanc et rouge. If he had to waive a NTC, then that is a different story.

He has a full no-move clause.

Thornton still hates the Bruins.... you wave the chance to stick it to them infront of his face.

If he wants to stick it to the Bruins, going to the Leafs would be better for him. Especially since he still hates the Canadiens. We're the reason he received the choker label that's followed him to San Jose.

The Sharks currently have three centers that are all top six capable but I don't see Thornton going anywhere unless he requests. If he does, San Jose wouldn't be looking for another center. They'd want Pacioretty.

If he wants to stick it to the Bruins, going to the Leafs would be better for him. Especially since he still hates the Canadiens. We're the reason he received the choker label that's followed him to San Jose. The Sharks currently have three centers that are all top six capable but I don't see Thornton going anywhere unless he requests. If he does, San Jose wouldn't be looking for another center. They'd want Pacioretty.

why would they move Thornton. He actually has been good in recent playoffs. The guy they need to dump is Marleau - and there is no way I'd move Plex or Maxpac for Marleau and his contract.

why would they move Thornton. He actually has been good in recent playoffs. The guy they need to dump is Marleau - and there is no way I'd move Plex or Maxpac for Marleau and his contract.

Marleau used to be my favourite player back around 05-06. He used to play with passion and was the heart and soul of the Sharks. He's still an excellent season player and would probably get passionate on a new club but he costs quite a lot per season. Staying on the Sharks was the worst move he made.

If we could fit him I'd love him but he'd probably under perform instead of get sparked on a new club.

Marleau used to be my favourite player back around 05-06. He used to play with passion and was the heart and soul of the Sharks. He's still an excellent season player and would probably get passionate on a new club but he costs quite a lot per season. Staying on the Sharks was the worst move he made.

If we could fit him I'd love him but he'd probably under perform instead of get sparked on a new club.

Marleau is exactly what Habs need and would trade Plekanec and whatever else is needed to get him.

Marleau has scored 30+ goals in 5 of his past 6 seasons. His past two playoffs have shown him perform well. I can see where he acquired the label of a soft, disappointing player, but he's spent the better part of a decade being exactly the player people wanted him to be all along. So he would make an excellent Montreal Canadien. The problem is, he's three years older than Pleks and likely set to enter the downside of his career. This would be the wrong time to acquire him. (The *right* time was 07-08, when he had 48 points; in one of my very few trade suggestions, I proposed moving Koivu for him and was laughed off the board, natch ;) ).