Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

It's frustrating, because Bouwmeester is a stylish player and an excellent addition to a top-4 - probably one of the top #2 defenceman you could have. But his time in Cowtown has proven that he is not a #1 defenceman on a winning team; and yet he is paid like one. So while in pure hockey terms he would make a tremendous addition to our defective D-corps, adding him - even if we could get him straight up for Gomez - looks too much like failing to learn from the Gomez debacle for comfort. The next time the Habs take on that kind of contract, it has to be for a truly elite player.

What do we think of Bouwmeester? Send Gomez/weber and something else (3rd maybe?). He completely lost it in Calgary and seeing if he can return to his Floridian form with a change of scenery could be worth it at the right price. His cap hit is 6.8 mil for the next two seasons, which is a savings on Gomez's deal. I can see Calgary as a possible landing spot for Gomez because they're always looking for a playmaking forward to feed Iginla, and despite Gomez's recent uselessness, they could be reminded of his reputation. Also, I read somewhere that Cgy is going to be operating under an internal salary cap, and next season is when Gomez's salary decreases to 5mil, so they would see him as a 5 mil player, not 7+. It wouldn't get rid of Gomez's cap hit, but it would transform It into something potentially useful, and wouldn't add any length to the deal.

I'd give Bouwmeester the Komi treatment: play him with Markov and watch him become an all-star.

Pretty sure Jbo would requite a much larger return even if he has not lived/played to expectations.

What about Kaberle for Komisarek straight up? We'd get our toughness back (clear the front of the net) & Komi is cheaper.

He could play with Markov again.

Just don't ask him to fight Lucic.

Komisarek at this stage of his career is as bad as Kaberle defensively, maybe worse.

Komisarek brings none of the offence Kaberle brings.

Kaberle is actually 250K cheaper in cap hit.

Both have 2 years left.

Thats a big NO from me.

Komisarek at this stage of his career is as bad as Kaberle defensively, maybe worse.

Komisarek brings none of the offence Kaberle brings.

Kaberle is actually 250K cheaper in cap hit.

Both have 2 years left.

Thats a big NO from me.

And every GM in the league.

Heard this from an Islanders fan today......kind of liked it.

Pk Subban and Scott Gomez to the Islanders in exchange for Calvin DeHaan and the 4th overall.

Pk Subban and Scott Gomez to the Islanders in exchange for Calvin DeHaan and the 4th overall.

Yeah, he had 16 points in 56 AHL games last season - well worth giving up one of the top defencemen of his generation for.

Yeah, he had 16 points in 56 AHL games last season - well worth giving up one of the top defencemen of his generation for.

De Haan is young and we'd also get the #4. Alot of talk that Murray will be the steal of the draft so if we can get Gaklchenyuk and Murray along with De Haan I don;t think that's as bad as you make it out.

And with no defenceman capable of playing PK Subban's 25 plus minutes per game, we can draft Seth Jones or Nathan MacKinnon next year.... and hope that Murray, Dumba or Reinhart becomes as good as Subban in 3-4 years.

De Haan is young and we'd also get the #4. Alot of talk that Murray will be the steal of the draft so if we can get Gaklchenyuk and Murray along with De Haan I don;t think that's as bad as you make it out.

You underestimate the value of stud defencemen to team success. Subban is the rarest of gems, one of a handful of young D around the league who will dominate for years to come. I would never, ever trade him as part of a deal that is 'not as bad as you make it out.' The only way I move PK is for an absolute 100% guaranteed all-star powerhouse of a player. Period. And even then I'd have to think hard about it.

Having two top five picks would be excellent, but not at the expense of P.K.

He's gonna break out this upcoming season. Mark my words.

Now let's go draft Galchenyuk! (I'm totally over Grigorenko)

Having two top five picks would be excellent, but not at the expense of P.K.

He's gonna break out this upcoming season. Mark my words.

Now let's go draft Galchenyuk! (I'm totally over Grigorenko)

I'm not the type to pay a whole lot of attention to junior prospects, so my opinion has little value on this front...but I will say that when I read stuff like this, I feel sorely tempted by Grigorenko:

http://thehockeywrit...t-factor-looms/

Sounds to me like a potential superstar gamebreaker of the type we haven't seen since...well, I dunno when. Part of me would prefer to see the Habs go out and grab the pure, dramatic super-talent rather than the safer, more earnest and lower-ceiling Forsberg types.

I'm not the type to pay a whole lot of attention to junior prospects, so my opinion has little value on this front...but I will say that when I read stuff like this, I feel sorely tempted by Grigorenko:

http://thehockeywrit...t-factor-looms/

Sounds to me like a potential gamebreaker of the type we haven't seen since...well, I dunno when. Part of me would prefer to see the Habs go out and grab the pure, dramatic super-talent rather than the safer, more earnest and lower-ceiling Forsberg types.

I was all about Grigorenko when I heard the name "Malkin".. but when I thought about how Alex can be a higher upside pick than Yakupov considering he didn't play all season, I'm leaning towards drafting the Milwaukee born centreman.

I still have a feeling Mikhail is gonna be a beast in the NHL, and if the Jackets draft Galchenyuk. We need to pounce!

Needless to say, I'm over drafting Grigorenko ahead of Galchenyuk. Not over Grigorenko as a talented, game breaking centre.

If we're trading Subban... why not send him west and get the 1st overall? Yakupov & Gally would be the next Sedin's.

I donno why people a fretting over Gomez. There's no panic. New CBA coming, and either way. His cap hit is 2M$ more than what he's being paid. He is now a small market commodity. And the way offensive players have bounced back after leaving Montreal. Someone will take a swing.

I was all about Grigorenko when I heard the name "Malkin".. but when I thought about how Alex can be a higher upside pick than Yakupov considering he didn't play all season, I'm leaning towards drafting the Milwaukee born centreman.

I still have a feeling Mikhail is gonna be a beast in the NHL, and if the Jackets draft Galchenyuk. We need to pounce!

Comparison. Thornton & Kovalev. Enough said. :surrender:

Comparison. Thornton & Kovalev. Enough said. :surrender:

And Malkin...

I think we want to be careful about pegging 18-year-olds as hopeless headcases based on one mediocre junior playoff. If the Habs draft this guy, I will click my heels together that we have acquired a phenomenal world-class talent and trust that he has room to grow as a human being, and our newly-created player development (Lapointe, Brisebois) team to bring out the best in him. One thing to remember is that a super-gifted player can always learn to become consistent and professional, but a consistent and professional player can never learn to be super-gifted.

Anyway, like I said, I'm no Commandant when it comes to junior talent and I ain't going to the wall on the question of who we should pick. I just get fed up when insistence on robotic conformity to the 'NHL model' trumps considerations of epic natural talent, especially when you're talking about 18 year olds.

And Malkin...

I think we want to be careful about pegging 18-year-olds as hopeless headcases based on one mediocre junior playoff. If the Habs draft this guy, I will click my heels together that we have acquired a phenomenal world-class talent and trust that he has room to grow as a human being, and our newly-created player development (Lapointe, Brisebois) team to bring out the best in him. One thing to remember is that a super-gifted player can always learn to become consistent and professional, but a consistent and professional player can never learn to be super-gifted.

Anyway, like I said, I'm no Commandant when it comes to junior talent and I ain't going to the wall on the question of who we should pick. I just get fed up when insistence on robotic conformity to the 'NHL model' trumps considerations of epic natural talent, especially when you're talking about 18 year olds.

I agree. But the only difference between Galchenyuk and Grigs is inches in regards to on ice impact.

You take the guy that has the fire, drive and work ethic already built in. You dont hope Brisebois can help.

Comparing him to Malkin is unfair. The expectations are too far fetch. Besides, as meatloaf said.. two outta three ain't bad. But in this case..... lmao

IMO playing style is a reflection of personality and character. btw.

Edited by nihilz

With Grig's I always read perimeter player and I am not a big fan of those guys over player who drive the net and initiate physicality.

Sure and thats why you take Galchenyuk over Grigs.

But when there is a guy who goes to the net like Radek Faksa, but has a far inferior skill set... I take the skills that Grig provides.

You underestimate the value of stud defencemen to team success. Subban is the rarest of gems, one of a handful of young D around the league who will dominate for years to come. I would never, ever trade him as part of a deal that is 'not as bad as you make it out.' The only way I move PK is for an absolute 100% guaranteed all-star powerhouse of a player. Period. And even then I'd have to think hard about it.

Exactly. If we move Subban I want to hear that we just got Malkin or Stamkos - just like when I heard the habs traded Roy, I had visions of Sakic and Forsberg and almost had a heart attack when I heard we got spare crumbs. If Houle and Tremblay were anywhere near me on that day, I think I would have shot them!

Exactly. If we move Subban I want to hear that we just got Malkin or Stamkos - just like when I heard the habs traded Roy, I had visions of Sakic and Forsberg and almost had a heart attack when I heard we got spare crumbs. If Houle and Tremblay were anywhere near me on that day, I think I would have shot them!

I'm Chicoutimi Cucumber and I approve this message! :thumbs_up:

• Upvote 1

If we're trading Subban... why not send him west and get the 1st overall? Yakupov & Gally would be the next Sedin's.

I donno why people a fretting over Gomez. There's no panic. New CBA coming, and either way. His cap hit is 2M$ more than what he's being paid. He is now a small market commodity. And the way offensive players have bounced back after leaving Montreal. Someone will take a swing.

Honestly I would rather have Murray or Dumba. I think both will have better careers than PK.