Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

I agree with your first point. Moving Pleks could land you a real good LW. Who could play with Galchenyuk and Gionta.

Leavign Bourque Eller and Leblanc as a 3rd line.

I have no problem with Bourque, he came into a gigantic mess and played just like everyone else. If he tanks this year then i'm for moving him.

Bringing back AK46 would be a complete disaster. He has proven what he is. Bourque has outscored him each of the last 3 years. No thanks on him.

They need help on defense and a 4th line center with size, can win faceoffs and is good on the PK. Moen and White should be the wingers with Stabautz as #13.

Chris...Gionta will be long gone before Galchenyuk is ready for 1st line center duties. We have to get a grip, and realize he might need more development time.

If you trade Pleks for a LW, you are in effect tanking for the season (unless Galy has a downright miraculous rookie campaign). We do not have anyone to replace Pleks at C, and he is a much, much better all-around C than Desharnais at this point, especially our half of the rink. As Commandant demonstrated a while ago, Desharnais gets overwhelmed in his own end on a regular basis. So you're consigning us to Eller (!) as second-line centreman. Basement, here we come.

Nope. I say: keep Pleks and DD, look at acquiring a powerful LW for Pleks, revisit the C situation when Galy truly is ready (or if and when Eller finally shows signs of offensive life). Pleks and DD are hardly the dream tandem up the middle, but they are both serviceable top-6 options, especially as a transitional strategy.

If you trade Pleks for a LW, you are in effect tanking for the season (unless Galy has a downright miraculous rookie campaign). We do not have anyone to replace Pleks at C, and he is a much, much better all-around C than Desharnais at this point, especially our half of the rink. As Commandant demonstrated a while ago, Desharnais gets overwhelmed in his own end on a regular basis. So you're consigning us to Eller (!) as second-line centreman. Basement, here we come.

Nope. I say: keep Pleks and DD, look at acquiring a powerful LW for Pleks, revisit the C situation when Galy truly is ready (or if and when Eller finally shows signs of offensive life). Pleks and DD are hardly the dream tandem up the middle, but they are both serviceable top-6 options, especially as a transitional strategy.

Plek for Marleau is the answer, imo. And when Galy is ready, DD can be reassessed. And when Eller is ready, Marleau can be reassessed. Considering the amount of LW's that are consistently available you'd have to bring a C back when moving Plek.

Plek is so underrated.

He outplayed David Kreijci badly in the 2011 playoffs... just killed him in both ends of the rink (it was boston's 2nd and 3rd lines that beat us). And Kreijci ended up one of the leading point scorers in the playoffs and the number 1 centre on the cup winning team when all was said and done.

Plek is fully capable of being the elite #2 centre this team will need when its time to contend. He does so much for us, and shows up in so many ways that don't always count on the scoreboard.

His contract is affordable, and he's in the prime of his career Right NOw... he's not gonna be too old when Galchenyuk is ready to take the number 1 job.

Galchenyuk - Plek. Thats your 1-2 punch going forward (not this year, but going forward). For now run with what you got... eventually Gally takes over from DD who is moved out or moved to wing. Eller is your number 3, who can also provide some scoring.

Keep him

Pleks for Marleau, eh? Intriguing. SJ is tired of spinning its wheels with that core, and Marleau is three years older than Pleks and clearly entering his downside - in addition to his so-so playoff record - so they'd get younger, faster, and psychologically refreshed. We would get bigger, adding a seasoned veteran accustomed to playing on winning (not championship) teams, who could probably give us 60-70 points for the two more seasons left on his monstrous contract. That being said, this is a bad deal for the Habs in the medium to long term, since Plek's career will probably last 3-4 years longer than Marleau's at this stage. And it's a bad cap move, as Marleau has two more years left at $7 mil - one mofo of a cap hit for a guy who is probably not going to outproduce Pleks by much. In effect, we're getting older, somewhat slower, no more physical and no more playoff-effective - but definitely bigger.

Not crazy about the idea. I suppose I could live with it, but my preference would be to give Pleks some quality wingers and see what happens. Commandant's post above is excellent.

Finally: I think we need to accept that we have two pretty decent centremen. We've become so accustomed to thinking of the situation at C as catastrophic that we seem to chronically underrate both Pleks and DD, in their own ways.

Plek is so underrated.

He outplayed David Kreijci badly in the 2011 playoffs... just killed him in both ends of the rink (it was boston's 2nd and 3rd lines that beat us). And Kreijci ended up one of the leading point scorers in the playoffs and the number 1 centre on the cup winning team when all was said and done.

Plek is fully capable of being the elite #2 centre this team will need when its time to contend. He does so much for us, and shows up in so many ways that don't always count on the scoreboard.

His contract is affordable, and he's in the prime of his career Right NOw... he's not gonna be too old when Galchenyuk is ready to take the number 1 job.

Galchenyuk - Plek. Thats your 1-2 punch going forward (not this year, but going forward). For now run with what you got... eventually Gally takes over from DD who is moved out or moved to wing. Eller is your number 3, who can also provide some scoring.

Keep him

I love Plek and agree. The only difference between him and Jordan Staal (whom I consider the best second line center in the league, not playing 2nd line center) is size. If we could properly insulate Plek at 2nd C. I'd want him to retire here. But if were gonna abuse him a la Koivu until he is expendable. Move him while he has value. Imo.

I like DD as well. But, I feel if his name was Dave Dehauzer and not Desharnais, considering our roster and its needs, he would have never made it to the NHL via the Habs system.

CC.. I agree. I'd rather move DD, Weber, Bourque etc to bring Marleau in. Keeping Plek here as the aset he is. SJ has an abundance of C and could use some wing depth as well. Plek would also look good beside Havlat. Whom would also love to play in MTL and is familiar with Bergy from CHI as well. A dman like Vlasic or Demers coming home would quell the DD leaving french issues as well.

Torey Mitchell needs to be signed for bottom six as well. Possible insta chemisty is there. I think SJ is the optimal trading partner for the Habs right now. Hopefully things can fall into place for this organization with a couple of savy moves.

It would be nice to have at least 1 centre who could win a friggin faceoff. And every Hab centre sucks in that dept.

Hope Galchenyuk is better and Eller/Desharnais are working on that, too late for Plekanec, he has sucked for too long to improve it seems. His one weakness.

It would be nice to have at least 1 centre who could win a friggin faceoff. And every Hab centre sucks in that dept.

Hope Galchenyuk is better and Eller/Desharnais are working on that, too late for Plekanec, he has sucked for too long to improve it seems. His one weakness.

If Plek wasn't consistently playing against the best faceoff guys in offensive situations his numbers wouldn't be so skewed. He also wouldn't be playing against the best D pairing, thus having more productive seasons while being more effective on the PK cause his ES minutes would be reduced. Ripple effect.

San Jose isn't trading for a centerman. They have already pushed Marleau to the wing and got Thornton/Pavelski.

:thumbs_up:

Reading is good.

If Plek wasn't consistently playing against the best faceoff guys in offensive situations his numbers wouldn't be so skewed. He also wouldn't be playing against the best D pairing, thus having more productive seasons while being more effective on the PK cause his ES minutes would be reduced. Ripple effect.

Have no quibble with Tomas's offense and i know he is shut down guy and i love his play and effort.

Cept in the faceoff circle, which is a skill that can be improved through practice, and why he has never improved i dont know? is it a strength issue? Whatever, he is best of bad bunch which costs games when losing defensive faceoffs and also sucks for PK and PP % (PK dosent suffer thanks to Price/Gorges and crew).

My love affaire with SJ as the Habs main trade fling continue to eveolve.

Signing Jagr and trading Gionta Bourque Kristo Kaberle & Weber to SJ for Havlat Demers and Vlasic. With the addition of adequate picks.

Havlat Plek Jagr

Pax DD Cole

Moen LL Prust

Amstng Eller White

Blunden Noke

Gorges Subban

Markov Vlasic

Emelin Demers

Bouillon Cote

Habs have 2 3rd lines this year. Guess the lack of a clear 4th line slightly makes up for the lack of a clear cut 1st line. lol

Gionta does not equal Havlat. Wish it did, would love to have Havlat. (have Havlat...)

Demers and Vlasic is not worth players that underachieved and a second round pick.

The Sharks could be looking to unload D though right?

No proposed player movement but with a whole on the LW I would really love to see Bergevin go out and target Brendan Morrow from Dallas. He is going into his last year of hiw contract and the Stars appear to be in a slight rebuild. A $4.1 cap hit is not the end of the world to overcome either. What sort of package would it take?

No proposed player movement but with a whole on the LW I would really love to see Bergevin go out and target Brendan Morrow from Dallas. He is going into his last year of hiw contract and the Stars appear to be in a slight rebuild. A $4.1 cap hit is not the end of the world to overcome either. What sort of package would it take?

It wouldn't take much because he's on his last legs and nearing retirement. Far too banged up.

I'd love that.. Borurque, Weber and two 2nd's... either way.. Gainey should be a sweety and take Kaberle off our hands for Robidas lol

It wouldn't take much because he's on his last legs and nearing retirement. Far too banged up.

To me he's the perfect stop gap as we await our young players to be ready. I'd offer up something like Bourque, Diaz and Kristo so i don;t think he'll ever sign in Canada.

Given our history with injuries, why would you want to add Morrow, when we've already taken on Armstrong?

I just had a great idea

GOMEZ TO ANYBODY FOR ANYTHING

hahaha

no but seriously...anything

I am pretty sure it's Gomer to the bulldogs for big cap savings. He will love it there.

I just had a great idea

GOMEZ TO ANYBODY FOR ANYTHING

hahaha

no but seriously...anything

I am pretty sure it's Gomer to the bulldogs for big cap savings. He will love it there.

I was wrong about it being done by the draft, but I still think Gomez goes to Pheonix if any deal is made.

Chances double if Doan signs elsewhere. They really need the cap hit.