Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Marleau has scored 30+ goals in 5 of his past 6 seasons. His past two playoffs have shown him perform well. I can see where he acquired the label of a soft, disappointing player, but he's spent the better part of a decade being exactly the player people wanted him to be all along. So he would make an excellent Montreal Canadien. The problem is, he's three years older than Pleks and likely set to enter the downside of his career. This would be the wrong time to acquire him. (The *right* time was 07-08, when he had 48 points; in one of my very few trade suggestions, I proposed moving Koivu for him and was laughed off the board, natch ;) ).

He is younger than a washed up Cole or Iginla.

But yes he may be on downside? But i would make the deal as long as SJ not asking for too much.

I see moving either Plekanec or Desharnais and adding a bigger top 2 centre (or simply moving Desharnais to wing) as a necessity to really revamp forward group.

But if not Marleau, i have said Stastny/Getzlaf may also be a good fit? And i had included Kopitar but i doubt he is going anywhere now that L.A. has righted the ship.

• 4 weeks later...

You'd be hard pressed to get Yakupov to take no bonuses in his deal. His cap hit will be upwards of $4 million regardless of who drafts him.

Not if I kidnap his Mom.

• 2 weeks later...

Just for shits and giggles what about our 1st,price,pleks for malkin and fleury? or stall and ward for price pleks? what do you guy's think? both to me are hockey trades not our worst for there best ea sports style. all the goalies are close in talent and stall makes more then pleks and a better player but carey might be a better goalie then ward and they would save cap space. malkin is one of the top players in the game so they would want a player for now and they would get a great prospect as well. but to me i would most likely try pleks for jordan stall.

Just for shits and giggles what about our 1st,price,pleks for malkin and fleury? or stall and ward for price pleks? what do you guy's think? both to me are hockey trades not our worst for there best ea sports style. all the goalies are close in talent and stall makes more then pleks and a better player but carey might be a better goalie then ward and they would save cap space. malkin is one of the top players in the game so they would want a player for now and they would get a great prospect as well. but to me i would most likely try pleks for jordan stall.

I don't remember seeing a trade of #1 goalies. Neither a trade involving 2 #1 goalies plus the best player in the league.

Easiest roster shake up would be to acquire Parise via UFA. Then swap Markov for Brouwer and we have this lineup:

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($8.500m) / Scott Gomez ($7.357m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)

Max Pacioretty ($1.625m) / David Desharnais ($0.850m) / Erik Cole ($4.500m)

Troy Brouwer ($2.350m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Rene Bourque ($3.333m)

Louis Leblanc ($1.170m) / Lars Eller ($1.327m) / Ryan White ($0.800m)

Gabriel Dumont ($0.572m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / P.K. Subban ($3.000m)

Tomas Kaberle ($4.250m) / Alexei Emelin ($1.500m)

Raphael Diaz ($1.300m) / Yannick Weber ($0.850m)

GOALTENDERS

Carey Price ($5.000m)

Peter Budaj ($1.150m)

Robert Mayer ($0.530m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,864,018; BONUSES: $300,000

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $435,982

I agree with u but the best player to ever play the game was traded so u never know and big trades do happen. yes to parise would be great and the best way to get a great player without giving up anything. but gomez will not be on our team and if we get parise it is with gomez money when he is in the ahl. It is all what if stuff anyways. Parise will go to the wings or wild from what i have heard and read. he is from minny and they have cap room

Eklund is reporting that Tampa Bay would only be interested in Luongo if Vancouver would be willing to take back Lecavalier's contract....and that Vancouver has no interest in doing that at all.

So my thought/question is: if Tampa Bay really wants to unload Lecavalier's contract, and because of what he has done for their franchise they would never ever consider burying him in the minors, do you think they would ever consider trading him to us for Gomez and something else, and then bury Gomez in the minors, which they could do with no ramifications from their fanbase at all?

I guess part of the question is, would we want to take on a contract that large? But I don't know what Lecavalier's cap hit would be in the latter part of the deal? What do you think?

Eklund is reporting that Tampa Bay would only be interested in Luongo if Vancouver would be willing to take back Lecavalier's contract....and that Vancouver has no interest in doing that at all.

So my thought/question is: if Tampa Bay really wants to unload Lecavalier's contract, and because of what he has done for their franchise they would never ever consider burying him in the minors, do you think they would ever consider trading him to us for Gomez and something else, and then bury Gomez in the minors, which they could do with no ramifications from their fanbase at all?

I guess part of the question is, would we want to take on a contract that large? But I don't know what Lecavalier's cap hit would be in the latter part of the deal? What do you think?

No to all of the above.

His cap hit is the same for the rest of the contract, $7,727,273.

We can be done with Gomez in 2 years, Lecavalier is signed for 7 more.

No thanks.

What could have been. Stuck with Gomez minus McDonaugh or stuck with Lecavalier without Plekanec and Gorges.

In hindsight, although we were screwed by NYR......I like that trade a heck of alot more.

• 2 weeks later...

Question: who would contribute more to our team next season, Brian Gionta or Jaromir Jagr? Evidently he wants to play another year but isn't committing to Philly at this point. Would he be a good fit for us?

Question: who would contribute more to our team next season, Brian Gionta or Jaromir Jagr? Evidently he wants to play another year but isn't committing to Philly at this point. Would he be a good fit for us?

I'd pass on Jagr. I would have loved him ten years ago though.

I don't see why we would replace our captain. I think Gionta will have a great season if he can stay away from the injuries.

Patches - Plek - Jagr

Cole - DD - Gionta

What's wrong with that?

It's always hard to judge lines on paper, but you'd have to think that, in theory, that 2nd line would get steamrolled by virtue of being undersized.

Patches - Plek - Jagr

Cole - DD - Gionta

What's wrong with that?

Putting Cole at LW was a major reason why he failed miserably in Edmonton.

One of his big strengths at RW is how he's able to drive wide on a dman and then drive the net, all while protecting the puck, its tougher for him at LW. I actually think Gionta might be easier to move, despite the fact Cole is a LH shot and Gio is a righty.

Worst comes to worst, one of the three RWs plays with Eller at ES and Gionta can set up to the left of the goalie on the PP (where he always goes anyway).

Is Edmonton drafting Murray ?

If so, Columbus might be very interested to draft teamates Yakupov and Galchenyuk.

This could work in a trade sending us Nash and us sending them the 3rd pick, a young guy (Eller?) and a salary or two (Kaberle?).

Then with Nash, we might have a better shot of convincing an UFA winger to complete our revamped 1st line

BTW, would New Jersey be interested to bring back older brother Gionta to fill the void of their departed captain?

Would like to see Cole captain the new Habs.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Rick Nash ($7.800m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Zach Parise ($8.000m)

Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Scott Gomez ($7.357m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)

Mathieu Darche ($0.700m) / Louis Leblanc ($1.170m) / Ryan White ($0.688m)

DEFENSEMEN

Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / P.K. Subban ($3.000m)

Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / Alexei Emelin ($1.000m)

Yannick Weber ($0.850m) / Raphael Diaz ($1.000m)

GOALTENDERS

Carey Price ($5.000m)

Peter Budaj ($1.150m)

------

SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,672,976; BONUSES: $300,000

CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $2,627,024

Is Edmonton drafting Murray ?

If so, Columbus might be very interested to draft teamates Yakupov and Galchenyuk.

This could work in a trade sending us Nash and us sending them the 3rd pick, a young guy (Eller?) and a salary or two (Kaberle?).

Then with Nash, we might have a better shot of convincing an UFA winger to complete our revamped 1st line

Nash makes 7.8 million and has 1 season over 70 points in his career.

NO THANK YOU.

I'd rather have a kid who I can pay 3 million or less for the next three years.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Rick Nash ($7.800m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Zach Parise ($8.000m)

Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Scott Gomez ($7.357m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)

Mathieu Darche ($0.700m) / Louis Leblanc ($1.170m) / Ryan White ($0.688m)

DEFENSEMEN

Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / P.K. Subban ($3.000m)

Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / Alexei Emelin ($1.000m)

Yannick Weber ($0.850m) / Raphael Diaz ($1.000m)

GOALTENDERS

Carey Price ($5.000m)

Peter Budaj ($1.150m)

------

SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,672,976; BONUSES: $300,000

CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $2,627,024

The summer cap might be 70 million.... the cap once the new CBA is signed will be lower.

You also have a 20 man roster... no backups, and somehow Kaberle just disappeared. So did Eller, and your third pairing defence have two guys neither of which can play on the Left side.

Also Price and Subban will get more money than you gave them... so will Emelin...