Pens @ Habs

JMMR

If we play like that tomorrow, it will be 7-0 Boston. Vokoun gave us at least four goals we won't get from Rask.

So here's a question... why wasn't Price pulled?

Was it the same reason that Vokoun wasn't pulled? (Whatever reason that may be?)

In for a penny, in for a pound?

That was...different. Any time the starting goalie coughs up 7 and you can still manage a point out of it, I'd almost be inclined to call that a victory. I think Therrien and the coaches will have lots of defensive zone video for the players to review though.

Well that was a defensive collapse all night. Too many turnovers, too soft in there own end, Price was shakey, horrible coverage in the slot.

In some ways they didn't deserve any points, but they didn't quit in the second when they were down. So all in all, a decent point. You are not going to win them all.

I definitely sit Price tomorrow.

Hopefully they'll bounce back defensively.

I believe it's 10 straigth with a point. can't remmeber the last time the Habs did that.

I would not sit Price tomorrow, the game is too important. Price has to bounce back, simple as that.

I think the team gave the Pens too much respect in our end. They were running around all night, especially after it was clear Price was out of it. They needed to settle down and cover their man, not scramble.

that was probably the worst game for Price this year. I didn't understand why Subban wasn't out there against Crosby - he has frustrated him in the past and it was obvious that Markov can't keep up with Crosby. with Malkin out, it would have made sense to pair Subban and Markov together and have Subban on Crosby.

Just got home from the game, even though they lost - man it was fun! Lots of Pittsburgh fans in Montreal.

Price absolutely plays tomorrow, it's Boston.

If Price doesn't play tomorrow, Montreal has zero chance of winning. Boston will crash the net and destroy Budaj, Price has the size to deal with that. Also, while he has played terrible tonight, our defense was also horrible which certainly didn't help. I would put in Dumont tomorrow because he is a quick and hard working player like Gallagher, which could be good against the Bruins, but leaving our lineup as it is wouldn't be a bad thing. I also hope Nokelainen can return soon enough with the same faceoff success he has last season.

If Price doesn't play tomorrow, Montreal has zero chance of winning. Boston will crash the net and destroy Budaj, Price has the size to deal with that. Also, while he has played terrible tonight, our defense was also horrible which certainly didn't help. I would put in Dumont tomorrow because he is a quick and hard working player like Gallagher, which could be good against the Bruins, but leaving our lineup as it is wouldn't be a bad thing. I also hope Nokelainen can return soon enough with the same faceoff success he has last season.

Price plays like that we have zero chance of winning anyways.He has played well for most of the yr so i think we can cut him some slack. Hahahaha how soon we forget that budaj played well for a couple games in a row now he sucks again

Price plays like that we have zero chance of winning anyways.He has played well for most of the yr so i think we can cut him some slack. Hahahaha how soon we forget that budaj played well for a couple games in a row now he sucks again

The team played amazing D in front of Budaj those games. He faced about twenty shots. He was still a rebound machine. Boston will give us fits in front of the net. I would not expose Budaj to that. Budaj is best against weak teams our D can handle.

Brobin is right. you gotta go right back with Carey. If he has any kind of pride, he'll want to bounce back with a strong performance. Also, let's not forget that Boston is the best team in the east, why in the world would you not use your number 1 goalie?

With regards to all the reporters and Michel Therrien saying that last night's game was exciting for the fans, I say BULL SHIT! I'm a fan and I hate these types of games. I would much rather have a boring win like we did both times against the rangers.

• Upvote 1

Brobin is right. you gotta go right back with Carey. If he has any kind of pride, he'll want to bounce back with a strong performance. Also, let's not forget that Boston is the best team in the east, why in the world would you not use your number 1 goalie?

With regards to all the reporters and Michel Therrien saying that last night's game was exciting for the fans, I say BULL SHIT! I'm a fan and I hate these types of games. I would much rather have a boring win like we did both times against the rangers.

Agree on the "fun game" part. Its not fun seeing two teams playing like shit in their own end. I want qualityhockey both offence and defence. Id rather have a wellplayed 1-0 game than this.

• Upvote 1

Agree on the "fun game" part. Its not fun seeing two teams playing like shit in their own end. I want qualityhockey both offence and defence. Id rather have a wellplayed 1-0 game than this.

Ha ha, I remember for years and years we had a crushing defensive team - and all through it fans were whining about 'boring hockey' and how they'd rather have 'excitement' and lose than tight defense and win. :lol: I maintained at the time that this was because Habs fans didn't know what really losing felt like...and like to think that this little exchange, after 15 years of non-stop suckage, tends to prove me right.

My philosophy is simple. I am best entertained when the Habs win. And I really don't give a flying poop HOW they win, provided that it isn't utterly unconscionable (e.g., the Tucker Leafs' preferred method of deliberately injuring the opposition). Give me the NJ Devils and their three Cups over all the bottom-feeding 'excitement' in the world.

I didn't see the game. But I notice we still came out with a point despite an apparently horrible effort by Price. Good teams tend to do that. So I take it as, perversely, a good sign. :habslogo:

• Upvote 1

Part of the issue with the D was MT's decision to match markov, rather than subban against Crosby. With Malkin out, subban and markov should have been paired together.

Agreed, I'll take a boring win over an exciting loss. That said, I don't think Price was that horrible. Pens came hard and the defence crumpled. I knew they'd come hard too. No way they'd let their captain down.

The team played amazing D in front of Budaj those games. He faced about twenty shots. He was still a rebound machine. Boston will give us fits in front of the net. I would not expose Budaj to that. Budaj is best against weak teams our D can handle.

So if price is in net the d can take a night off? regardless who is in net you have to play the same tight d game every game.

HMMMMMM who was in net against the teddy bears?

So if price is in net the d can take a night off? regardless who is in net you have to play the same tight d game every game. HMMMMMM who was in net against the teddy bears?

I didn't like the decision but clearlY I was wrong.