April 23, Habs vs New Jersey, 7 PM

dlbalr

defense terrible again, especially in the first. No offense, lucky break on Pacs goal.

No determination, no grit, no toughness. Where has the net crashing and aggression gone to.

Sorry everyone, i don't like what i've seen the past 2 weeks and i beleive the Tampa game was the last habs win of the season. They'll get swep out of the playoffs, lose thu and get crushed Saturday.

If i'm MB, I have a close eye on the following players come playoff time. Pleks, DD, Gionta, Moen, Gorges.

Was DD dressed tonight?

I picked quite the game to do the 3 Stars for. Oh well, happy reading: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=3065

In terms of scoreboard watching, Boston now trails 5-2, it appears the Habs will still somehow be in the mix for the division. There's also an important game out West tonight as Nashville takes on Calgary in the battle of who can screw over their first round pick (and the Habs' 2nd) more. Here's hoping it doesn't go to OT.

I think the same can be said for most of the habs again tionight. Price was pretty good. Not really any chances on 2 of the goals for sure.

Diaz and Weber were brutal, Markov and Gorges pretty weak in there own end, Subban and Bouillon looked like Ahler's.

Not going far with those 6 on the ice.

If the Habs win the first round of the playoffs I don't want to see one single post from anybody jumping off the bandwagon right now. I swear, some "fans" only come out during tough times. Alot of people posting lately that I haven't seen in awhile.

If the Habs win the first round of the playoffs I don't want to see one single post from anybody jumping off the bandwagon right now. I swear, some "fans" only come out during tough times. Alot of people posting lately that I haven't seen in awhile.

I hate the term "jumping off the bandwagon"... what does it even mean? I'm a Habs fan. I love 'em. I try not to miss a game and follow the team year round... but to post frustrations and disappointment is not jumping off the bandwagon. I'll cheer louder than anybody when the playoffs start... but seeing a team that played so well for 40 games start playing as bad as they've been is certainly cause for concern. Take off the rose colored glasses and realize that the team has some problems right now and if they are not addressed the bandwagon will be parked far too soon.

defense terrible again, especially in the first. No offense, lucky break on Pacs goal.

No determination, no grit, no toughness. Where has the net crashing and aggression gone to.

Sorry everyone, i don't like what i've seen the past 2 weeks and i beleive the Tampa game was the last habs win of the season. They'll get swep out of the playoffs, lose thu and get crushed Saturday.

If i'm MB, I have a close eye on the following players come playoff time. Pleks, DD, Gionta, Moen, Gorges.

You have got to get rid of those rose coloured glasses and see things as they really are :-)

Also, MB being a competent GM will be keeping a close eye on everyone during the playoffs.

Cheer up. A great run to the playoffs is no guarentee of success. Conversely, a terrible run doesn't necessarily mean doom. That said, the last week or so has been painful to watch.

What were the positives about tonight?

Well, they didn't get blown out. 1st period sucked, their second period was one of their better ones, and the 3rd period was a wash.

That might be enough to cling to to get the team out of the pit.

The negatives? The PK was awful, defense all look tired, no one is playing like a momentum changer.

I don't want the last 4 back next season regardless how they do in the playoffs.

Was DD dressed tonight?

He hasn't deserved to be dressed the last 3 weeks.

Not getting blown out by a team that can't score is hardly a positive. Going down to them 3-0 is pathetic.

What were the positives about tonight?

Well, they didn't get blown out. 1st period sucked, their second period was one of their better ones, and the 3rd period was a wash.

That might be enough to cling to to get the team out of the pit.

The negatives? The PK was awful, defense all look tired, no one is playing like a momentum changer.

The positive here is that

1) Price played well

2) Team played well for 30 minutes

That last 30 minutes is something to build off of. Yes, it was still a loss tonight, but if they play that way going forward, they'll be back to the team we saw just a two weeks ago.

Now its about putting that together for a longer stretch.

If they put up a stinker on Thursday, I'll be pissed. But for now, this might be a team turning the corner.

"You can't really see anything. Not good enough"

And what do you know... Price wasn't good enough.

Price's best game since before the Toronto drubbing. No chance on all three goals. I think there are upsides here.

Next game I'm gonna have to post the whole team.

Really wishing we hadn't locked up DD... We need a real center that can win battles when the shit gets real.

David Desharnais is NOT an NHL number one center. He is not a number 2 or 3 center. What he is is a Derrick Brassard. He's a guy who plays that role on a bad team. We have enough centers. Locking him up for more than two years on short money was a mistake. This is the same mistake Boston made with David Krejci. He's a good player, but he's not a cornerstone to have around for 4 years and build around.

I hate the term "jumping off the bandwagon"... what does it even mean? I'm a Habs fan. I love 'em. I try not to miss a game and follow the team year round... but to post frustrations and disappointment is not jumping off the bandwagon. I'll cheer louder than anybody when the playoffs start... but seeing a team that played so well for 40 games start playing as bad as they've been is certainly cause for concern. Take off the rose colored glasses and realize that the team has some problems right now and if they are not addressed the bandwagon will be parked far too soon.

yep pretty much how i feel, except i get really pissed off when they lose like this.

This is probably happening because no one predicted the Habs to get more than 59 points in the 7th annual season prediction thread.

But on a more serious note, to those who think the Habs won't win another game this season, you're wrong. Not that that isn't obvious or anything.

This is probably happening because no one predicted the Habs to get more than 59 points in the 7th annual season prediction thread.

But on a more serious note, to those who think the Habs won't win another game this season, you're wrong. Not that that isn't obvious or anything.

As the person who predicted them to finish with 59 points, I believe this is a good team. They are currently in a battle for 2nd in the Eastern Conference! Literally nobody thought that and here people are bashing them. What did you expect? A whole season of flawless hockey? Yes they will go through rough patches, as does every team. Making the playoffs was the primary goal, check. The next goal is to make some noise in the playoffs. Being so negative about something that has turned out to be so positive really gets under my skin. Be thankful for what you have!

Typically teams don't just leap out of slumps playing at 100%. It's a process of fits and starts. Commandant is right to say that the quality 30 minutes they put in is something to build on. It probably reassured the team that they still have the capacity to hit that level, and gives everyone a point of reference for the purpose of playing better. Take that as a good sign.

Great point about Markov and Weber as the top pairing on the PK. I generally refrain from getting worked up about line pairings and matchups, but that is just brutal. Wake up MT!! :monkey:

I honestly would put more blame on Therrien than the players for the recent results. I am the last person to ever criticize a coach... Look it up and you won't find me ever having done so... And I actually dont mind Therrien at all... But resting our players for the playoffs and mixing with the team chemistry is actually what started this all. Hopefully it will pay dividends once the real season starts.

>Great point about Markov and Weber as the top pairing on the PK. I generally refrain from getting worked up about >line >pairings and matchups, but that is just brutal. Wake up MT!! :monkey:

Therrien is a great coach. He doesn't need to "wake up." He knows this team better than anyone here does. It seems all it takes is a slump, to give a lot of posters amnesia.

Edited by jackpetrilli

>Great point about Markov and Weber as the top pairing on the PK. I generally refrain from getting worked up about >line >pairings and matchups, but that is just brutal. Wake up MT!! :monkey:

Therrien is a great coach. He doesn't need to "wake up." He knows this team better than anyone here does. It seems all it takes is a slump, to give a lot of posters amnesia.

No coach is perfect, and using Yannick Weber on the PK is a mistake that he made last night and it cost them twice.

I've liked Therrien this year, overall. But he's not perfect, and this was one mistake.

No coach is perfect, and using Yannick Weber on the PK is a mistake that he made last night and it cost them twice.

Right. I'll be the first to admit that Therrien has done a stellar job this season. The issue is simply a narrow point about a particularly bizarre personnel decision in a specific game.

The key is simple. Show up in the first twenty and get the lead. This makes most teams open up and our scorers get more and better opportunities. This has been the recipe all season long.

Starting in Toronto with that brutal performance by Price, the team has lost the first period. This makes us open up while allowing the other team to collapse and keep our small forwards to the outside.

My disappointment was the brutal start. They should have come out on a mission and came out flat instead. I am not that impressed with the third period either. They had about two minutes of pressure late in the third when down a goal.

Despite all the recent negativity, the magic number to clinch home ice advantage is down to 1 point (earned by Montreal or not earned by Toronto) as the Leafs lost tonight.

Also, who's taking tomorrow's GDT?