New Jersey vs. Montreal | December 2nd, 2013 | 1930 EST

lazy26

Very tough defensive game. We are getting goals when we need them. Which is what was not happening earlier. We don't get to beat Marty F Broduer very often but it sure is sweet when we do. Great win lets keep it up. :habslogo:

So how does subban not get a star for those two awesome game savers where Price was beat?

Fan votes. I used to think they were biased to Price every game until they missed him on a really great game he played. It's kind of silly but we shouldn't take them too seriously.

Guest Stogey24

So how does subban not get a star for those two awesome game savers where Price was beat?

Desharnias had a good game and deserved a star, but RDS has a hard on for him. Anytime they show the Habs bench or follow a player with the camera it's Desharnais.

Fan votes. I used to think they were biased to Price every game until they missed him on a really great game he played. It's kind of silly but we shouldn't take them too seriously.

I think they got rid of the fan votes this year. I'm pretty sure RDS now does the 3 Stars for home games.

Speaking of 3 Stars, here are HW's picks: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=3265

Desharnias had a good game and deserved a star, but RDS has a hard on for him. Anytime they show the Habs bench or follow a player with the camera it's Desharnais.

I've always said that DD is the kind of player you pull for. So I don't think there's anything unreasonable or surprising in that.

Brodeur apparently told RDS that Luongo should be the #1 goalie for Canada. Is he saying this because he truly believes this to be the case or is he just trying to get under Price's skin since we play them again on Wednesday. Probably thinking too much into it since there definitely is a case to be made that Lu should be based on experience but Price has been the better goalie

Brodeur apparently told RDS that Luongo should be the #1 goalie for Canada. Is he saying this because he truly believes this to be the case or is he just trying to get under Price's skin since we play them again on Wednesday. Probably thinking too much into it since there definitely is a case to be made that Lu should be based on experience but Price has been the better goalie

LOL Ask Vancouver fans, who actually see Luongo play, and they'll likely tell you Price should be the starter. Loo's been good - but even Tortellini has lamented the lack of the "key save" at the key time.

Goaltending does not get any better than what Carey Price has delivered so far this season. Period. He deserves to start for Canada, but the ridiculous attitude toward Subban illustrates William Munny's maxim in Unforgiven: deserve's got nothin' to do with it.

I don't think he's the type to play head games. Luongo has won it before; as you noted that's a case in itself. I'm sure it's just Brodeur's honest opinion.

Was it just me or is Gelinas gonna be a gem for NJ? He had a great game and man can he skate. Beautiful skater and calm with the puck. He undressed the whole team a couple times. Reminded me of Nedemier.

Only Canadian goalies in the Top 10 for save percentage, G.AA and wins: Price, Harding, Scrivens and Mason.

If we base it on goalies that have played at least 20 games you're left with Price and Harding. Price is fourth in save percentage, sixth in G.AA and fourth in wins. Harding is third, first and second.

The only statistic Luongo is in the Top 10 for Canadian goaltenders is wins. Even Brodeur is at least ninth in goals against average.

Sounds like some old fashioned francophone pandering. Who's the first line center, DD?

I don't think he's the type to play head games. Luongo has won it before; as you noted that's a case in itself. I'm sure it's just Brodeur's honest opinion.

He's also sticking up for a former Olympic teammate and fellow veteran. I bet Luongo is the default choice for many members of the 2010 team out of loyalty.

I think they got rid of the fan votes this year. I'm pretty sure RDS now does the 3 Stars for home games.

Speaking of 3 Stars, here are HW's picks: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=3265

I got to have Subban in there, dont care that he wasnt on scoresheet and give DD 1st star, 31 and 76 as other 2.

If the Olympics started tomorrow Price would be the starter.

I wish I had your confidence about Team Canada's judgement. These are the guys who took Adam Foote to the big ice in Torino AND who supposedly have the mighty PK Subban "on the bubble." :rolleyes: Time will tell whether they really want the best team or if they let a bunch of BS interfere with that objective.