Habs vs Leafs, Jan. 18 7pm

Neech

MF77154Rlg.jpg

Tonight we head to Toronto to face the hated Leafs and their big stupid faces. The Leafs are hovering around the Leafs-zone - just out of the playoffs - and their season has followed a similar trajectory to Dion Phaneuf's life:

6NYFXQa.jpg

But the Habs haven't been much better, with only some opportunistic scoring and Price's heroics saving us from a beat-down in Ottawa. Only the Desharnais line seemed to generate much offensive zone time, and Eller was moved up to the Pleks line to separate him from the ineffectual nothings populating our third line.

Which team will manage to win while being badly outplayed and outshot tonight? Puck drop around 7:15, give or take some pregame pomp.

We can only hope that this is the Emelin who shows up tonight:

bear-ride.jpg

Rene Bourque continues his death-spiral into the deepest and darkest reaches of his psyche. This photo of him was taken after yesterday's practice:

scream.jpg

We might be short a couple of regular players due to the flu bug, with Beaulieu perhaps slotting in and Nattinen looking to make his NHL debut.

My Name Is Joonas:

• Upvote 2

Love and hate the games vs the Leafs, my buddy, the Leafs fan will be over to watch it with me....

Wish MB had of called up Leblanc instead.... already cringing at the thought of a video review going the wrong way, or an early lucky pair of goals by TO, or something worse happening, my day is already ruined, and can only be saved by a Habs win..... Oh, the stress :ph34r:

It's going to be one of those crazy games like every Hab-Leaf games.

It'll be interesting to see how the officials let this one play out, and there's probably going to be lots of fights.Hopefully, our Parros giant doesn't end up concussed again.

Im looking forward to seeing Beaulieu play, I know there was a lot of hype when he was drafted. With boullion, murray, markov and diaz all UFA at seasons end its unlikely that all 4 are coming back so one of those spots might be his next season.

Im also glad bourque is sitting, got to have accountability.

Edited by sim.on

Is Parros playing? If he is will he make through another game without a concussion?

I wonder what Cherry will say about the P.K celebration the other night

He will say something classless I am sure.

Stock tried to shame Price for allowing four goals and Friedman called him a killjoy.

Hopefully it's Stock losing his job when Rogers takes over instead of Weekes or Eliotte.

It won't be Friedman going. He is being featured more prominently on SN 590 on their top show, Prime Time Sports lately (he seems to be co-hosting or even hosting somewhat regularly since the deal was announced). Don't be surprised to see him join Rogers/Sportsnet in a full-time role when the new deal kicks in so they can use him and Kypreos to make their own version of Insider Trading to go against TSN.

Stogey24 u r right we need size but effective size. RB's size has been irrelevant. Bourque to quote Orval Tessier needs a heart transplant... imagine gally's heart in Bourqe's body (no disrespect to BG)

I am happy to see RB out but I wish murray was in... I was looking forward to seeing him smash some Laughs