Vanek traded to Montreal

dlbalr

I am very curious to see what the line combinations will be. MB has done his part now its up to MT to make it work.....reading that makes me a little bit nervous.

If MT doesn't want to split up Pleks and Gio maybe a combos like this

Pac DD Gally

Chucky Plex Gio

Briere Eller Vanek

Prust White Moen/ Weiss

Just keep coming in waves, who do you shut down? I think that Briere and Vanek could be magic ......man I'm so excited....reminds me of The kovalev days

Pax DD Gally

Dany Plek Gio

Gyuk Lars Vanek

hmmm

I want to see plex get a proper 1st liner for the first time since kovalev (that year he put up 70 points). With this as a possibility

Chucky - plex - vanek (reliable and dangerous)

Patches - DD - Gallager (exploitation line!)

Briere - Lars - gionta (two-way scoring depth)

Prust - white - Moen/Weise

I think someone already proposed this line up.

Whichever way you spin it, adding a first line winger was exactly what we needed. Props to Bergy. Didn't think he had the balls but he shut me up!

More faith in him now than being just another "mediocre team" GM. Either we reap the benefits or pay the consequences and I like that. Better than this boring same old all the time.

So this was a big day for the Habs but also for HW. The news of the Vanek deal spiked the number of people on the boards to well over 100 (second most ever behind the Cammalleri in-game trade adventure) while it was our busiest day in terms of number of visits in HW's 10.5 year history. Thanks as always for your continued support of our site.

• Upvote 3

Would love to get Eller going..

Patches - Eller - Gally

Chucky - Plex - Vanek

Prust - Desharnais - Gio

Moen - White - Weise

I know some people would say why split up Davey and Max.. but come on, the line would be killer.

So stoked for Vanek, rental or not. Phoenix game can't come soon enough.

"When you have a goaltender like that, you can win games." - Vanek on Price

When the biggest hole in Long Island is their goaltending, a position the Islanders should have fixed in the summer, he probably spent a lot of games shaking his head at how awful it was and probably saw it as why the Islanders never locked a playoff spot.

If Kuemper doesn't become a real starter in Minnesota, it could make him second guess.

So this was a big day for the Habs but also for HW. The news of the Vanek deal spiked the number of people on the boards to well over 100 (second most ever behind the Cammalleri in-game trade adventure) while it was our busiest day in terms of number of visits in HW's 10.5 year history. Thanks as always for your continued support of our site.

You guys deserve kudos for continuing good work and job well done sir. :clap:

It would really be great if we could lock him up....he really is worth a big contract in my opinion. 8.5 mil for 8 years, just do it and let everything else fall into place.

In the off-season try to find a reliable top four guy to play with Subban, plug in our young guys as they become ready and we have ourselves a cup contender for years.

You guys deserve kudos for continuing good work and job well done sir. :clap:

+1 I love this Forum, best one I've found. The only one I consistently post on.

This is basically my only source for Habs news, really it's the only place I need to go. Great job here, and this forum is awesome too. Keep up the great work!

This is basically my only source for Habs news, really it's the only place I need to go. Great job here, and this forum is awesome too. Keep up the great work!

Exactly. I echo this verb ate him.

just like to say in my first post(!) always came nd lurked and read you guys and this place is first stop for me for news and comment on the Habs. I was so delighted at Vanek trade I signed up and try abnd give you my limited views.

Im a scotsman, in Tokyo , that loves the Habs. I will contribute and keep up the good work!!

• Upvote 2

I'm married to a Scot lady :halm:, living in N.S. and I agree, best Hab forums around, job well done by all at HW, kudo's and thanks!

As always GREAT job guys.

just like to say in my first post(!) always came nd lurked and read you guys and this place is first stop for me for news and comment on the Habs. I was so delighted at Vanek trade I signed up and try abnd give you my limited views.

Im a scotsman, in Tokyo , that loves the Habs. I will contribute and keep up the good work!!

Welcome aboard Tokyohabs79!!!

Would love to get Eller going..

Patches - Eller - Gally

Chucky - Plex - Vanek

Prust - Desharnais - Gio

Moen - White - Weise

I know some people would say why split up Davey and Max.. but come on, the line would be killer.

So stoked for Vanek, rental or not. Phoenix game can't come soon enough.

You can be sure that MT won't split DD and Maxpac. They have been unbelievable over the past 30 games! Also, there's no way Vanek will be playing on the third line. My guess is that Gio will be dropped to the 3rd line and Vanek will play with Chucky and Plex.

It is absurdly obvious that Vanek should be paired with Plekanec, who has been hobbled with mediocre wingers for about three seasons now. If MT doesn't give them time to gel then he is even more obtuse than I think.

It is absurdly obvious that Vanek should be paired with Plekanec, who has been hobbled with mediocre wingers for about three seasons now. If MT doesn't give them time to gel then he is even more obtuse than I think.

Agreed, but would you put Chucky with them or Gio?

Chucky Pleks Vanek seems like the obvious second line to me. That's a very dangerous line. The only reason against it is to keep Gio and Pleks together, who seem to genuinely enjoy playing with each other, but I think Gio's services could be more useful in the bottom six, and maybe his solid, gritty play can help get Eller on track.

i think id like to see plex between vane and briere... an ex sabre should hopefully get briere skating. i just don't think MT will break up the gio plex pair.

so we will most likely see for at least this first game

vanek plex gio

patch DD gallagher

galchenyuk eller briere

moen white weise

tinordi subban?

markov emelin

murray weaver

I think people need to contain their expectations. Vanek is a bona-fide scorer, but it's basically adding another Pacioretty to our lineup. You wouldn't expect Patches to come in and transform a team - he's not Sidney Crosby or Steven Stamkos or PK Subban - and nor should we expect Vanek to do that. He's not Superman. He's just a legitimate top-line forward who, once integrated into a team that plays cohesively and with conviction, may be the added element needed to elevate us from the pack. I hope so. But wild expectations that he will score at a goal-a-game pace, single-handedly vanquish Boston, etc., etc., really don't help...he needs to integrate into the team, and once he does, we'll be better for it.

I think people need to contain their expectations. Vanek is a bona-fide scorer, but it's basically adding another Pacioretty to our lineup. You wouldn't expect Patches to come in and transform a team - he's not Sidney Crosby or Steven Stamkos or PK Subban - and nor should we expect Vanek to do that. He's not Superman. He's just a legitimate top-line forward who, once integrated into a team that plays cohesively and with conviction, may be the added element needed to elevate us from the pack. I hope so. But wild expectations that he will score at a goal-a-game pace, single-handedly vanquish Boston, etc., etc., really don't help...he needs to integrate into the team, and once he does, we'll be better for it.

Adding a 8th year player who averages 70 points/year is an offensive boost to any team. Not sure what transform means, but an important goal here and there as well as success on a few extra PP attempts, can mean world of difference to a low scoring team.

Oh, I agree that Vanek is a huge addition considering our team make-up. Like I said, it's akin to adding a second Pacioretty. I just think some of the discourse around this move has been overheated. The guy isn't a franchise player and he isn't going to win games by himself.

Oh, I agree that Vanek is a huge addition considering our team make-up. Like I said, it's akin to adding a second Pacioretty. I just think some of the discourse around this move has been overheated. The guy isn't a franchise player and he isn't going to win games by himself.

only guys to win games by their lonesome are the goaltenders. With that said, Vanek is still an ace and can be an X factor on a lot of nights.

im glad MB and I were on the same page with this team and our belief that we are a few moves away from being really good now and not having to wait 2/3 years as most are predicting/ expecting.

i had suggested that we make a play for someone of impact and am glad we gave up minimal for vanek. (would of preferred a signed tavares but beggars can't be choosers )! Now, our sole purpose should be to get this guy and his wife and kids to fall in love with la belle province and get him signed!!!!!

But, 99% of time it is eve more overheated spin to the Negative on almost every thread, so it is all good and any optimists are always welcome change to hear from. :clap:

My expectations have ramped up a bit and I thought even before Vanek, that Habs could give any team a good series, if all the stars aligned.

Au contraire.. thank you for this wonderful site where we addicts can feed with such pleasure, erudition and passion. Sincere thanks to all of you. You add a wonderful part of our lives. Merci. :clap:

• Upvote 1