Vanek traded to Montreal

dlbalr

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fabtastic! Best trade of the dead line. A bloody STEAL! Waaay less than I would have thought.

This move had to made. MB is making all the right moves..

A Gaustad or Malholtra on top would have had me at the Oratory lighting candles.

All in all.. I hope this makes all you astute over thinkers dream a little more. Management has officially evolved.. perhaps we can become fans again and leave our cynical caps in the closet? :rastapop:

well we still have a way to go but this is a great deal. It becomes an absolute winner if we can sign him.

Very Very impressed with MB today. I never in my wildest dreams thought he could pick up Vanek for such a small cost. I certainly hope that Garth Snow hangs around, we got a few more deals we could make. like for that Tavares guy.

I'm drooling for Vanek.

Drooling for his ability at 5 on 5

Drooling for his shootout prowess

Droling for the room he will create on the PP.

The players wives' only job right now is making Mrs. Vanek fall in love with the city.

Bingo!

This surprised I believe most of us. i got to believe this puts us in the contender bracket. Hopefully someone clarifies all those conditions on the picks. I can live with it being a rental, but hopefully it works out long term and becomes a slam. i wonder how close we were to not getting it done?

How many other GMs are kicking themselves seeing how little the Habs gave up?

This surprised I believe most of us. i got to believe this puts us in the contender bracket. Hopefully someone clarifies all those conditions on the picks. I can live with it being a rental, but hopefully it works out long term and becomes a slam. i wonder how close we were to not getting it done?

Picks exchange hands if the Habs make the play-offs.

If they don't its Collberg for Vanek straight up.

When I saw the price for Gaborik I was peeved because Frattin is terrible. It was an offer we could have easily matched. Then this deal came through and yeah... Not peeved. Exactly what we needed.

Funny how the market changes from year to year.

great trade by MB. i think seeing the returns of deals today for the big name players tells me that sanity has returned. this is fair value for a guy you will only have under contract for a quarter of the season and playoffs.

our lineup suddenly looks a lot better!

When I saw the price for Gaborik I was peeved because Frattin is terrible. It was an offer we could have easily matched. Then this deal came through and yeah... Not peeved. Exactly what we needed.

I'd take vanek over gaborik in a heart beat.

Signing Vanek is a long shot. He wants to sign in Minny this summer. Maybe he will love playing g here and change his mind, but I suspect he is a pure rental.

You never know. Luongo signed in VAN, when he had the same exact ties in South Florida, and as Habs fans, we know how many Quebecois passed on MTL. Signing with Minnesota doesn't have the same prestige as signing with Toronto. But honestly, I rate the chances as "you never know?"

i haven't heard him say he wants minnesota once.... outside of TSN suggesting it. what ties does he have to minny anyways? also, can Minnesota afford him with 100 million dollar contracts to parise and suter alone?

i know only one thing, he wanted no part of the isles which is why he rejected the deal and said he wants to test free agency. things can change by the summer especially after summer hockey in Montreal.

i haven't heard him say he wants minnesota once.... outside of TSN suggesting it. what ties does he have to minny anyways? also, can Minnesota afford him with 100 million dollar contracts to parise and suter alone?

i know only one thing, he wanted no part of the isles which is why he rejected the deal and said he wants to test free agency. things can change by the summer especially after summer hockey in Montreal.

I looked Heatley is coming off their books at 7.5 million, and his wife is from Minnesota/played college hockey there/lives there in the off season.

Vanek… won an NCAA championship in Buffalo in 2003 while playing for the University of Minnesota, and one of his teammates on that club was current Wild defenseman Keith Ballard. Vanek’s wife, Ashley, is a Minnesota native, and he makes his offseason home in the suburbs of the Twin Cities.

Pomminville as well is a Wild.

Pomminville as well is a Wild.

well he definitely has ties to Minnie, But maybe MB can pull another rabbit out of his a$$ and get him to sign here. Looking at capgeek we are in about the same boat as minnie is.