First Round Matchup

zumpano21

Caps would also be fine to play against, I think with a bit more discipline, yesterday's outcome would of been in Habs favour and over a 7 games series i'd take Habs.

I too think that Carey got a little dinged up in the collision by Subban. I've had knee issues for 20+ years and can honestly say that a slight tweak (which I suspect happened) feels like a constant charley horse..you can play through it, but it's still there and limits you somewhat. I think Carey is playing through a little pain. And, at the end of the game as the players exited the ice, CP stayed far away from PK (who stands by the door and taps everyone and whatnot) But, Carey, who usually has plenty of love for PK during the post-game cele, had not one hint of acknowledgement. I think he was pissed off then, and is battling through a slight injury now.

I too think that Carey got a little dinged up in the collision by Subban. I've had knee issues for 20+ years and can honestly say that a slight tweak (which I suspect happened) feels like a constant charley horse..you can play through it, but it's still there and limits you somewhat. I think Carey is playing through a little pain. And, at the end of the game as the players exited the ice, CP stayed far away from PK (who stands by the door and taps everyone and whatnot) But, Carey, who usually has plenty of love for PK during the post-game cele, had not one hint of acknowledgement. I think he was pissed off then, and is battling through a slight injury now.

Subban checked capital into Carey last night. PK probably feeling bad about both collisions, but he is a wild card out there. Hardest hit he threw in a long time was against Vanek.......problem is Vanek was a hab at the time. ha!

With PK ya get it all.

changing subject i would like to see what more balance would do in the d pairs. Like ,

Markov NB

Subban Emelin

Petry Pateryn/ (Gilbert if MT must)

Ottawa can't beat the Leafs, will possibly miss the playoffs now. They are two points behind Pittsburgh, Detroit and Boston and don't have the ROW tiebreaker over either so they are really three points behind. Need to win their next three for any chance.

Montreal looking to play either Pittsburgh, Detroit or Boston.

Dont want the sens. Just caught their come back win over Pens.

Stone and Hoffman. game tier, game winner.... the two rookies have combined goals for 51 goals this season.

Would love to see the habs get one rookie playing like that.

Stone and Hoffman. game tier, game winner.... the two rookies have combined goals for 51 goals this season.

Brendan Gallagher was nominated for the Calder two seasons ago with a prorated total of 28 goals over an 82 game season.

• Upvote 1

I agree I want nothing to do with Ottawa, if they make it into the playoffs, they are the cinderella team and will use that momentum.

Just got myself a set of game 7 tickets! Here's to hoping it goes 7 with a Habs victory and I can party in the streets all night

That would be a sick outcome for you traveling 12 hours !!!

I agree I want nothing to do with Ottawa, if they make it into the playoffs, they are the cinderella team and will use that momentum.

for sure. Last 20 games Sens and Wild best records in the league.

we're likely to get Pittsburgh, now. Of course, a lot can still happen.

Huge advantage for Boston - despite the loss tonight, Boston plays Florida next, Ottawa has to beat the Rangers.

Ottawa also cannot simply tie Boston - they must rely on Boston missing a point somewhere along the line.

It's hard not to like the possibility of a Pittsburgh matchup. Of course, saying that feels like inviting a jinx. But rationally, you look at that team and you see a mess - the ideal 'soft' first round opponent.

It's hard not to like the possibility of a Pittsburgh matchup. Of course, saying that feels like inviting a jinx. But rationally, you look at that team and you see a mess - the ideal 'soft' first round opponent.

I'm leery about them. It's one of those 'they can't just keep losing, can they?' situations. The next playoff primer article is about them by the way, should be up later this week.