2016 NHL Playoffs Thread

dlbalr

Scratched Orlov for one mistake. Then Schmitt the next day. Those are young stars and future #1 defense. He squashes talent and favors vets.

Favoritism, say it aint so.

He has talent, maybe we should look at him?

Wonder what happened to him, scouts had him 1st rounder and 'fell' into 2nd round and he seemed like a good prospect. Is it the physical play he cant handle or ?

Wonder what happened to him, scouts had him 1st rounder and 'fell' into 2nd round and he seemed like a good prospect. Is it the physical play he cant handle or ?

Well it makes you wonder, he is 5 ft 11 and 195, so not a small guy. Maybe someone to take a look at. If the Isles want to get rid of him that bad, ya kinda gotta be very cautious.

Collberg is the type of prospect that needs to be a top sixer or he'll struggle. Unfortunately, he wasn't good enough to crack the top six in Bridgeport over the last couple of years. When they played St. John's, he was on the fourth line or in the press box and that's not a great place to be for a perimeter-oriented player who isn't great in his own end. I wouldn't write him off entirely just yet as a prospect but I think he'd need a good few years in Sweden before any NHL team wants to give him another sniff.

It just sucks that Vanek didn't have the same impact as Kovy had.

No kidding. Even a reasonably productive Vanek on this team would solve our biggest problem. Brilliant trade by MB, but that's the way she goes.

Callahan with a brutal hit on Letang. Prolly concussed. Now Bishop loaded on a stretcher. Looks like a knee

Letang's back in. Tyler Johnson got hurt late in the period for Tampa as well - tough period for them aside from getting the only goal.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stogey24

It was a tough call, but at the end of the day Fleury makes the big money and he is their number 1. So he was bound to make an appearance at some point.

It was a tough call, but at the end of the day Fleury makes the big money and he is their number 1. So he was bound to make an appearance at some point.

They missed on a couple of chances to give him some mop-up minutes (beyond Game 4 of this series). He was rusty in Game 5 and I can't help but wonder if a bit more game action, even in mop-up duty, may have been beneficial. I think they have to go back to Murray now.

Guest Stogey24

I doubt they go back to Murray at this point. They probably should, but I think it's Fleury in the rest or the series.

Fleury has been consistently shaky in big games his entire career, you'd think management would know that by now. I would have never taken Murray out to begin with, he is the guy that got them to the Eastern finals.

Fleury has been consistently shaky in big games his entire career, you'd think management would know that by now. I would have never taken Murray out to begin with, he is the guy that got them to the Eastern finals.

Yep. Fleury is crap. The Pens' loyalty to him has always boggled my mind.

Guest Stogey24

With Fleury in net that means one game.

I didn't think he played THAT bad. I could see them pushing a game 7