2016 NHL Playoffs Thread

dlbalr

Surprising to see WASH with backs to the wall, considering the hosannas of praise being heaped upon their heads all season.

If you're the GM there, you must be ripping out your hair. You add an elite coach, you bring in UFAs, you have an elite goalie, what the hell else does it take?

Surprising to see WASH with backs to the wall, considering the hosannas of praise being heaped upon their heads all season.

If you're the GM there, you must be ripping out your hair. You add an elite coach, you bring in UFAs, you have an elite goalie, what the hell else does it take?

Go Pens go!

I'm almost starting to believe the 'some franchises are just cursed in the playoffs' thing....if St. Louis and San Jose both implode, I'll definitely buy into that notion 100%

Guest Stogey24

Holtby has been catching some shit luck too

Is Pittsburgh proving that offense trumps defense? Besides Letang, their D is pretty questionable.

I don't think it's all that surprising to see the Caps on the verge of elimination at all, Pit was really good the last half of the year.

Also their young team has a lot of jump, and willingness to go to war at every puck battle, their veterans and stars are arguably better than the Caps veterans and stars, and they have had all star goaltending out of Murray, something that has eluded Fleury for a few years now.

Some bounces and breaks, and Bob's yer uncle...

I have less than zero respect for Fleury, so his injury is probably a godsend in terms of empowering PIT with (mostly) reliable netminding. Best thing that could have happened to an organization cataclysmically stupid enough to hitch its wagon to that clown.

I have less than zero respect for Fleury, so his injury is probably a godsend in terms of empowering PIT with (mostly) reliable netminding. Best thing that could have happened to an organization cataclysmically stupid enough to hitch its wagon to that clown.

So...your saying you are not a big Fluery fan eh. :youpi:

If Murray keeps it up, the Pens look like Cup favourites.

I hope the Sharks can get it done, having trouble caring about the rest of the field. Dallas has a fun team but they're still the Stars.

I think there are a lot of peeps underestimating the Lightning... as much as I hate to admit it, they are pretty damn good, in all areas really.

I think there are a lot of peeps underestimating the Lightning... as much as I hate to admit it, they are pretty damn good, in all areas really.

Of the three teams that sort of 'emerged' around the same time in the East - Montreal, Tampa, and the Rangers - Tampa seems to really have pulled away as the cream of the crop. Sigh.

Guest Stogey24

Rangers are basically going into rebuild mode now. Their window is pretty well gone. Wouldn't be that surprised to see Lundquist get delt

It's sort of disappointing that this year was riddled with injuries and mismanagement. Our division is the weakest and easiest to go through in my opinion. I don't think Tampa deserves to be a final 4 team.

Scratched Orlov for one mistake. Then Schmitt the next day. Those are young stars and future #1 defense. He squashes talent and favors vets.

hahahahaha

It's sort of disappointing that this year was riddled with injuries and mismanagement. Our division is the weakest and easiest to go through in my opinion. I don't think Tampa deserves to be a final 4 team.

They have some great players, but I agree, our team right now is up shiits creek with no paddle. We need the gm to grow a pair and the coach to sober up. We just aren't that far away. A couple of good additions and we have a cup. OK probably a different coach, we ain't gonna win with this guy.