Subban traded to Nashville

dlbalr

Yeah, David Poile is such a genius he's never won a Stanley Cup in 45 years in the league. After getting hired because of family influence to begin with.

Are you made because he traded away Jones or for Subban?

No, some ppl here pimping him as the second coming of Sam Pollock. His career has been "undistinguished" to put it mildly.

Out: Hornquist Erat Weber Jones

In: Forsberg Johansen Neal Subban

I agree. At least they have Ribiero.

What does that matter... we are talking about David Poile's evaluation of defencemen. There is no one better that I see right now.

His entire career is a list of some of the NHL's best defencemen in the last twenty-five years.

Whether or not he's as good with forwards and goalies, or at winning the whole thing is irrelevant to discussing a one for one trade of a defenceman for a defenceman; and David Poile is the best in the NHL at evaluating defence. He's also worked for two teams that have limited his budget, making it very hard to win. The Caps weren't exactly big spenders, and the Preds rarely spend right to the cap.

He took Subban over Weber. That should scare people.

He also robbed forsburg from Washington. Let's hope this deal isn't as bad.

What does that matter... we are talking about David Poile's evaluation of defencemen. There is no one better that I see right now.

Whether or not he's as good with forwards and goalies, or at winning the whole thing is irrelevant to discussing a one for one trade of a defenceman for a defenceman; and David Poile is the best in the NHL at evaluating defence.

He took Subban over Weber. That should scare people.

Whoever said that "empirical evidence" favors Subban in this deal isn't aware of the meaning of the term, which is something along the lines of "knowledge gathered by the senses through observation over time". The guys who choose the Canadian national team rosters and coach them have probably a few hundred years worth of cumulative knowledge gathered by observing players at every level of competition and in every possible situation. They CHOSE Weber, year after year over Subban. The one year they did pick Subban under outside pressure, THEY DIDN'T LET HIM ON THE ICE except in garbage time situations.

There is your "empirical evidence".

Gosh your ignorance is astounding at times. Did your know in order to document these statistics the analysts had to use sight? Sight, if you are unaware is one of the five SENSES.

What you're using to support your view is akin to anecdote. Simply "one time these people did this".

What I'm saying is over time and hundreds upon hundreds of examples, the evidence supports this.

Sorry you don't think I'm using senses. But its the only way to gain data from a hockey game.

I have been thinking of how it must feel to be Shea right now.

He just got traded from a team he has played with his whole NHL career, a team now openly saying they traded for a better player in PK subban. He was with them during the bad times and now they are on the cusp of becoming a solid contending team he gets traded.

Then to hear all the talk about how Shea has fallen off and is an "average" and even was never any good and got carried by his partners, that would leave a bad taste in my mouth. Now I know Weber is a professional and is probably not paying too much attention but I bet in the back of his mind he's like "###### this shit I am about to prove everyone wrong".

Weber and most athletes dont pay much attention to the media nor any of the fans bullshit rumblings. He knows how good he is and what he brings to the game every night. He certainly don't give a shit if any of us think the Habs won or lost this trade nor would he bother to say so if asked.

Weber and most athletes dont pay much attention to the media nor any of the fans bullshit rumblings. He knows how good he is and what he brings to the game every night. He certainly don't give a shit if any of us think the Habs won or lost this trade nor would he bother to say so if asked.

I agree

Like I said he is probably professional enough to not let it affect him negatively.

But I bet in the very deep dark parts of his mind he is hearing all the rhetoric and is hearing a lot of people throwing him under the bus and will be looking to prove a point.

And I think a lot of people around here are going to be pleasantly surprised with him. Well for some maybe not so pleasant..

Edited by Scott462

No, they say they don't pay attention to fans/media comments. But they cant avoid hearing or reading it.

Gosh your ignorance is astounding at times. Did your know in order to document these statistics the analysts had to use sight? Sight, if you are unaware is one of the five SENSES.

What you're using to support your view is akin to anecdote. Simply "one time these people did this".

What I'm saying is over time and hundreds upon hundreds of examples, the evidence supports this.

Sorry you don't think I'm using senses. But its the only way to gain data from a hockey game.

LMAO

I agree

Like I said he is probably professional enough to not let it affect him negatively.

But I bet in the very deep dark parts of his mind he is hearing all the rhetoric and is hearing a lot of people throwing him under the bus and will be looking to prove a point.

And I think a lot of people around here are going to be pleasantly surprised with him. Well for some maybe not so pleasant..

I think you're right, deep down they care even if they're professional and work with it positively.

And I'm not even sure about surprised, but I'm sure I'm going to enjoy his play. We all know Shea Weber is an elite player. I can't wait to see what he does in Montreal.

I think you're right, deep down they care even if they're professional and work with it positively.

And I'm not even sure about surprised, but I'm sure I'm going to enjoy his play. We all know Shea Weber is an elite player. I can't wait to see what he does in Montreal.

I agree, but many seem they would prefer chewing broken glass than admitting he is elite. But, as I have said before, his low risk play, big shot, heavy bodychecks should have many rethinking turning in HabFan clubcard and cheering for the Leafs or some other franchise.

(Who knows, maybe he will be a Hab for 10 years and go into Hall of Fame as a Hab?)

You usually have to win something before you get in the hall of fame.

I agree, but many seem they would prefer chewing broken glass than admitting he is elite. But, as I have said before, his low risk play, big shot, heavy bodychecks should have many rethinking turning in HabFan clubcard and cheering for the Leafs or some other franchise.

(Who knows, maybe he will be a Hab for 10 years and go into Hall of Fame as a Hab?)

Weber will still probably get to the fame. As will Subban.

[

So now the younger player is also closer to the HOF than the grizzled vet. Habsland, the graveyard of the all star player. Switch the probably and I agree with your sentiment :P

It's crazy, I just realized I have to place parentheses around P.K Subban on my favorite players list on our left. I always do when they get traded or retire. Maybe you should as well Stogey ;)

[

So now the younger player is also closer to the HOF than the grizzled vet. Habsland, the graveyard of the all star player. Switch the probably and I agree with your sentiment :P

It's crazy, I just realized I have to place parentheses around P.K Subban on my favorite players list on our left. I always do when they get traded or retire. Maybe you should as well Stogey ;)

Subban has a Norris Trophy.

The number of players eligible for the Hall of Fame, who have a Norris Trophy and haven't gotten in is like 2.

In the last 40 years, its basically one guy, Randy Carlyle.

Add in the fact he has a second Norris nomination, and Subban getting in the Hall of Fame isn't a bad bet.

who do you think is a better defenseman? roman josi or pk subban? are they to much of the same thing? only one guy can carry the puck up the ice at a time you know and dazzle, someone has to stay home...

who's better ryan suter or roman josi?

is ryan suter better now in minny then he was in nashville?

all i know is whoever plays with weber over time is regarded as an elite defencemen... this bodes well for a certain nathan beaulieau.

i just cant buy the rhetoric i here about how weber was carried by his partner. what a crock of sh....

who do you think is a better defenseman? roman josi or pk subban? are they to much of the same thing? only one guy can carry the puck up the ice at a time you know and dazzle, someone has to stay home...

who's better ryan suter or roman josi?

is ryan suter better now in minny then he was in nashville?

all i know is whoever plays with weber over time is regarded as an elite defencemen... this bodes well for a certain nathan beaulieau.

i just cant buy the rhetoric i here about how weber was carried by his partner. what a crock of sh....

Bealieu the next Josi?.. I like this ? I think a more accurate term would be that Weber and his partner compliment each other. Weber is the best of the best at being the more stay at home defenseman at even strength, and then he excels on the power play in addition to that. But make no mistake, Weber should be paired with a mobile puck moving d man.

I would cry tears of joy if his play influences Bealieu into become a top pairing d man. Bealieu has the talent. He just needs the experience and to prove his hockey IQ.

but who's better now josi or PK? who carries the puck through the neutral zone now?

Nice options to have, seems they should do great together.

Nobody has to stay at home. Both are quick enough to get back into their own zone after losing puck possession. That was the fallacy with Markov-Komisarek. If Komisarek lost the puck (as he often did), Markov could skate well enough to get back. If Markov lost the puck, it wasn't Komisarek recovering it. It was Markov. Same happened with Gorges - Subban. Gorges just got back to the zone to fall on the ice and block a shot. Subban got back and tried to retrieve the puck.