Jump to content

Free Agent Day Thread


dlbalr
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, sim.on said:

The Kulikov and Bonino contracts look so reasonable. I guess they were not interested in MTL? 

 

There were rumblings the Habs were on Bonino's shortlist.  It was also reported he turned down 4 x 4.5 from a couple of teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

 

Not a favourable competition for Montreal. Dallas has tons of cap space.

and a huge tax advantage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Link67 said:

 

Doesn't matter to me anymore, all I am seeing proves the complete opposite of what was being assumed for weeks now, that MB was just letting Radulov walk. He is in the hunt still, right to the end, and if Radulov goes to Dallas because they offered more with their extra cap space, then the Choice was on him, it will be Radulov who chose to take a bit more money and go to Dallas.

 

I almost started to believe the rhetoric that MB was clueless and letting Radulov walk having only mustered a small effort to retain him. This is looking a lot more like Radulov is being greedy with his last big contract, than MB is a moron who didn't do much to keep him.

 

It all depends on the final deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

Lol.  We are turning into the leafs... signing holland and froese. ??

 

You're just trying to terrify me....:(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, sim.on said:

Colin Wilson for a 2019 4th rounder could have worked.  Short term bonino type player.

 

It's a cap hit of nearly $4 million though.  They can't really afford that if they want to add other pieces.  Also, Wilson is more of a winger than a centre now.

 

Cammalleri to LA, one year, $1M plus some bonuses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vrbata to Florida.  He was probably one of the fall-back plans for Radulov. 

 

I wonder if New Jersey is going to get into the Radulov bidding.  They've got plenty of cap space to work with; are they going to try to make a splash?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Stogey24

I have zero faith in Beregvin.

 

This team has nothing to trade for legit #2 centre, unless it's Chucky, which I think is just a lateral move at best  

 

The defense has been completely flipped upside down and has even less scoring ability now. 

 

I just cannot see how Beregvin betters this team without making a giant subtraction to this roster... 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Stogey24 said:

I have zero faith in Beregvin.

 

This team has nothing to trade for legit #2 centre, unless it's Chucky, which I think is just a lateral move at best  

 

The defense has been completely flipped upside down and has even less scoring ability now. 

 

I just cannot see how Beregvin betters this team without making a giant subtraction to this roster... 

 

At this point, you have to think he has all of his eggs in the Thornton band-aid solution basket.  If not, this team is going to be terrible at center yet again next season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

 

At this point, you have to think he has all of his eggs in the Thornton band-aid solution basket.  If not, this team is going to be terrible at center yet again next season.

 

Lets hope not. Thornton just re-upped with SJ for one year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

I caught the tail end of Kypreos talking about Markov about 20 minutes ago - I missed this specific part but I did hear him suggest the Habs were out entirely on Markov and have turned their focus to trading for his replacement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

I caught the tail end of Kypreos talking about Markov about 20 minutes ago - I missed this specific part but I did hear him suggest the Habs were out entirely on Markov and have turned their focus to trading for his replacement.

It hasn't happened yet but it really makes my head spin.

 

Trade Sergachev, acquire Drouin.

 

Lose Markov

 

Trade Galchenyuk, acquire Markov's replacement

 

Galchenyuk for Drouin

Sergachev for Makov's replacement

 

OK, but why?

 

Still early, just seems the most common assumption amongst people. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I'm Radulov a 6 year deal isn't great...he's 36 at the end and would likely get a poor 2-3 year offer at that time unless he's "ageless" in his performance.  A 4 year deal makes sense because he could get another 4 year deal after that with more dollars per year then after a 6 year deal.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I keep coming on here hoping to see a "Radulov re-signs!" thread.

 

Obviously, no such luck as yet...

 

As for the rumour that the Habs want Markov out to "change the culture," I thought getting rid of a Norris-winner and Cup finalist was supposed to accomplish that? That's right, MB keep blaming the 'culture' :rolleyes: Anyone but the GM, right?

 

Anyhow, let's hope we can lock up Radu, add a top-2 LD (!) and somehow fill the gap at C, assuming that Drouin/Galy is not an acceptable configuration down the middle for Team Fuddy Duddy.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I keep coming on here hoping to see a "Radulov re-signs!" thread.

 

Obviously, no such luck as yet...

 

As for the rumour that the Habs want Markov out to "change the culture," I thought getting rid of a Norris-winner and Cup finalist was supposed to accomplish that? That's right, MB keep blaming the 'culture' :rolleyes: Anyone but the GM, right?

 

Anyhow, let's hope we can lock up Radu, add a top-2 LD (!) and somehow fill the gap at C, assuming that Drouin/Galy is not an acceptable configuration down the middle for Team Fuddy Duddy.

 

 

I think if markov isn't back, galchenyuk is as good as gone.  Who else is he going to trade for a markov replacement?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...