Jump to content

2022 NHL Entry Draft


Recommended Posts

Cooley with pretty slick assist today.

Nice backcheck steal, than give & go for another assist couple minutes later.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, DON said:

Cooley with pretty slick assist today.

Nice backcheck steal, than give & go for another assist couple minutes later.

 

 

Wow. 

 

I respect the expert consensus that Wright is #1, but damn, as a fan, gimme some Cooley! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DON said:

Cooley with pretty slick assist today.

Nice backcheck steal, than give & go for another assist couple minutes later.

 


He just made someone look very stupid. 
 

Wowzers!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kemell can shoot -- and skate -- too. I don't expect that he's a top-three pick but he does still look good. Three goals (including OT winner) against Canada.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

Kemell can shoot -- and skate -- too. I don't expect that he's a top-three pick but he does still look good. Three goals (including OT winner) against Canada.

 

He is standing out in 1st period semi final right now vs Sweden.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Kemell can shoot -- and skate -- too. I don't expect that he's a top-three pick but he does still look good. Three goals (including OT winner) against Canada.

Per Elite Prospects listing of his rankings he seems to be a 5-10 pick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Habs 3rd pick (33) will be the 1st pick of the 2nd day.

Gotta whole evening to bicker over who is the best of the rest 'on the board'.

Just another small reason not to deal it away in order to move up, not that i am against trading up for a more skilled kid that falls (e.g. Caufield simply due to size).

 

I think should be lots of options for d-men available in the 28-33rd range:

Pickering, Nelson, Korchinski, Bichsel, Odelius, Casey, Salomonsson, Luneau...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, DON said:

Habs 3rd pick (33) will be the 1st pick of the 2nd day.

Gotta whole evening to bicker over who is the best of the rest 'on the board'.

Just another small reason not to deal it away in order to move up, not that i am against trading up for a more skilled kid that falls (e.g. Caufield simply due to size).

 

 

That's a great point. It gives Montreal a lot of time to explore options having the 1st pick on the 2nd day, gives them time to really evaluate who is the best player available or gives other teams time if they want to trade up for Montreal's pick. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just hope we get top 2. #3 has too many bad connotations for us. It sounds like Cooley is going to college - I wouldn't mind stashing whoever we pick for a year to let them develop, even if it's #1 overall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Neech said:

I just hope we get top 2. #3 has too many bad connotations for us. It sounds like Cooley is going to college - I wouldn't mind stashing whoever we pick for a year to let them develop, even if it's #1 overall.

 

I agree, no need at all to rush the #1 pick and burn a year of their entry level contract. If they end up with Cooley and he is off to college next year that would be fine with me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Neech said:

I just hope we get top 2. #3 has too many bad connotations for us. It sounds like Cooley is going to college - I wouldn't mind stashing whoever we pick for a year to let them develop, even if it's #1 overall.

 

Agree. I’m just assuming we won’t be lucky enough to get #1 (we’re the 21st century Habs, after all), but #3 is too re-traumatizing. Give me #2 and, presumably, Cooley.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

 

I agree, no need at all to rush the #1 pick and burn a year of their entry level contract. If they end up with Cooley and he is off to college next year that would be fine with me. 

For how many years, though?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

Agree. I’m just assuming we won’t be lucky enough to get #1 (we’re the 21st century Habs, after all), but #3 is too re-traumatizing. Give me #2 and, presumably, Cooley.

Im even thinking it would be a good idea to trade #3 (if we sink there) to the yotes for their 1st rounder next year. 🤪

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

 

I agree, no need at all to rush the #1 pick and burn a year of their entry level contract. If they end up with Cooley and he is off to college next year that would be fine with me. 

I would guess is 100% chance Cooley is going to college next season.

But, would Wright go back to OHL for another year, if Habs got him? Given his lost development time due to Covid, dont think would hurt one bit.

 

Kemell just had nice tip-in goal in bronze game. And gets 2nd goal, Finland up 2-1 in 2nd period.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, tomh009 said:

For how many years, though?

 

Likely 1 year ala power, berniers, quinn hughes, kent johnson, and other top picks who go to the NCAA.  Players picked top 5 or so usually dont go for long.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Situationally (i.e., ***NOT*** actually comparing the players) this Wright/Cooley "debate" reminds me somewhat of McDavid/Eichel ... McDavid was a 15-yr-old OHL whiz-kid ... projected for much of his three full seasons in the OHL before being drafted as the presumptive #1 pick ... Eichel emerged later ... he was the "new kid" while McDavid had been analyzed to death ... I make no pretence at knowing anything about how the players should be ranked in the draft. so maybe Cooley is the better player ... but I fear that Wright's time under a microscope may result in his being assessed more severely than the new shiny new kid Cooley. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

 I make no pretence at knowing anything about how the players should be ranked in the draft. so maybe Cooley is the better player ... but I fear that Wright's time under a microscope may result in his being assessed more severely than the new shiny new kid Cooley. 

 

I think that's a good comment, no question that Wright has been under the microscope a long time.  I have no idea who will be the better player,  I just hope the Habs make a good choice. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

 

I think that's a good comment, no question that Wright has been under the microscope a long time.  I have no idea who will be the better player,  I just hope the Habs make a good choice. 

If Cooley ends up at 1.1x Wright, or 0.9x Wright, I'm OK with either one. I don't need the Habs to get the absolute best player in the draft (no one knows 100% at this point anyway), we just need a solid first-line/first-pair player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...