Oct. 12, Maple Leafs vs Canadiens, 7 PM

dlbalr

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

The young defencemen have looked pretty good so far and Kovacevic's a pretty good skater as advertised.  I don't like the lack of offensive pressure though; it's not as if Toronto is a particularly strong defensive team.

I was happy that Xhekaj played simple hockey and Kovacevic looks really good so far. 

Monahan - Dach - Gallagher looked good together too but I think it was a result of special teams thing. Still, they looked good

Hell of a nice chance at the end there.

I thought pretty much all the kids looked fine. The period's one real gaffe, which led to the goal, was Savard's.

What we're not seeing is any hint of elite talent in the O-zone. Look at what Marner did to manufacture that goal. Even though the game has been largely even, talent is likely to make the difference.

After hearing a few different pronunciations of Kovacevic during the first period, I decided to look it up in the official pronunciation guide.  So for anyone wondering, this is apparently how to say his name.

(koh-va-SEHV-ihk, JAWN-ah-thuhn)

There is no doubt that this is far from an elite team, especially with Matheson and Edmundson missing, and average goaltending at best. But I am quite, quite pleased by the fact that we are NOT getting blown out by the Leafs, who are one of the Cup favourites.

:gohabsgo::gohabsgo::gohabsgo:

11 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

There is no doubt that this is far from an elite team, especially with Matheson and Edmundson missing, and average goaltending at best. But I am quite, quite pleased by the fact that we are NOT getting blown out by the Leafs, who are one of the Cup favourites.

:gohabsgo::gohabsgo::gohabsgo:

Gotta agree 👍

The Habs are holding their own against one of the league’s best teams. 

Xhekaj is surely going to AHL upon Edmundson's return. He has held his own but he is barely hanging on at points. 

Caufied makes me smile 

EDIT - forgot to say that Guhle is playing hard minutes and I think Kovacevic should be his partner 

woot woot!

Nice W for Allen, and the kids.

Anderson was on for all four goals for and had a role in them all.

He belongs on that top line and is best fit for the 14/22 duo.

Definitely need a left hand shooting threat opposite CC on the pp, go with 5 fw’s put #14 on top of diamond.

Was an entertaining game overall, the dmen held their own overall.  Savard was a beast with 9 blocks, Anderson was a force all night.

Suzuki was on point and CC in fine form.

That was fun!  So glad to see Caufield get off to a fast start, and the kids looked pretty good in their trial by fire.  The only glaring negative I saw out there was Gallagher, who passes at a peewee house league level.