Game #43 - Canadiens at Islanders Sat. Jan 14 7pm est Who will Romanov destroy? GDT

Gotta have a poll 👍  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What is Xhekaj’s potential ceiling?

• First pairing
    • Second pairing
    • Third pairing
  2. 2. Should Anderson be traded or kept as part of the future core?

• Trade
    • Keep

I missed Evans injury because there was like 12 secs left so I walked away thinking nothing would happen.  

Barron lucked right out with the other ref seeing that the NYI stepped and slipped on the puck.  

1 minute ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

What a different period that was. Good defensively responsible hockey.

It was better than the 1st.  However, I didnt like the 1 defensive play when 2 NYI crossed the blue with a 3rd trailing and no Habs thought to try to get in the passing lane to prevent a pass to the 3rd guy who had a decent shot on net.  

1 minute ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I didn’t even notice!

The 1 faceoff looked ridiculous because Anderson took the draw and for whatever crazy reason Edmundson was on the wing.  I didn't notice who the other winger was.  

14 minutes ago, DON said:

Boring game.

The spirit of Barry Trotz lives on?

I didn't like Harris's penalty at all.  Sure, Harris was messing with the NYI player but he was messing with Harris back.  Similarly, the same was going on with Savard and whoever he was messing with was equally messing around back too.  If the refs were taking anybody on that play then they should have given all 4 penalties.  

12 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Dach likely back at centre for a while, maybe the rest of the season. Evans looks like he might be a while. 

Pezzetta played centre in junior and maybe in a pinch he can cover there tomorrow afternoon.  Laval just played back-to-back so if they were to call someone up, it'd be three in three which isn't ideal.  Monahan's due back within the next couple of weeks at least.

Winnable game against a team that didn’t look that great outside the first period - the sort of road game good teams win. Monty put in another good performance. Nice to see Suzuki come out of his goal-scoring slump. 

I’d almost rather they bring back Richard to play 4th-line C than move Dach off the big line, but yes, the latter is probably what will happen. 

Shitty, hope Evans not hurt bad.

At least good to see Suzuki score and Drouin had couple actual shots...he better watch out, he may even score if he keeps shooting pucks at nets and had another nice assist.

Dach 4 for 6 on faceoffs...babysteps.

Here’s my take after watching the game in person. 

We suck. 

Zero sustained pressure at any point during the game. 

Slaf reminds me of Tom Hanks in Big.  A child in a man’s body. He will get there but he legit looks lost for now. 

We are as good as our first line is. If it isn’t producing, we are toast. 

Caulfield is a lot shiftier than I thought. 

Monty is larger than I thought and kept this game from getting out of reach. 

Evans was a lot more involved than you usually get to see on TV. Easily our most involved player in the 1st period. 

D wise, Savard and Edmunston were ok. Xhekaj and Harris were not a liability. Barron player better than expected and I think I noticed Wideman twice. 

• Upvote 1

I am glad I missed this game. Hear the goals on the radio.

I hate to see Evans hurt, I hope he is not injured too badly. that being said, happy for the expert tanking

10 hours ago, Helmethead said:

Here’s my take after watching the game in person. 

We suck. 

Zero sustained pressure at any point during the game. 

Slaf reminds me of Tom Hanks in Big.  A child in a man’s body. He will get there but he legit looks lost for now. 

We are as good as our first line is. If it isn’t producing, we are toast. 

Caulfield is a lot shiftier than I thought. 

Monty is larger than I thought and kept this game from getting out of reach. 

Evans was a lot more involved than you usually get to see on TV. Easily our most involved player in the 1st period. 

D wise, Savard and Edmunston were ok. Xhekaj and Harris were not a liability. Barron player better than expected and I think I noticed Wideman twice. 

I’m sorry you got to see such a stink-o game, Helmethead. Just a bad draw - two teams that didn’t seem very interested in each other and the Habs on a truly lacklustre night. 😕

12 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I’d almost rather they bring back Richard to play 4th-line C than move Dach off the big line, but yes, the latter is probably what will happen. 

Ylonen looked pretty good in the half a dozen shifts that he played with Suzuki and Caufield so that could be an option as well. I'm sure they want Dach to spend more time at C yet in order to assess what role he will play for the long term.

10 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I’m sorry you got to see such a stink-o game, Helmethead. Just a bad draw - two teams that didn’t seem very interested in each other and the Habs on a truly lacklustre night. 😕

Should’ve paid the 50% premium and gone to todays game instead!!

definitely wasn’t gonna go back to back with a team that’s been as lackluster as ours (especially with 3 kids!)

The drive in and out of Elmont Park sucks.