Maccelli – Bjugstad – Crouse
Carcone – Cooley – Boyd
O’Brien – McBain – Kerfoot

Moser – Durzi
Valimaki – Dumba
Stetcher – Brown

Ingram

Projected lineups.

I so want to see Slaf get points in this game with Colley getting none.   Slaf is certainly due and its time for Cooley to cool right off.  

D'oh.  Barron saved a goal yet caused one at the same time.  

I missed all but the last 2 minutes of the first.  I don't know what's worse, the tight camera angles or Craig Button.  Button started talking and stopped mid-sentence near the end of the period, and never did finish his sentence. 

29 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Monahan again... this guy is saving our season thus far...

He certainly isn't hurting the team, but I believe Pearson might be as important or even more so.  He's a 3rd liner thats putting up a lot of points.  Monohans production is more expected of a 1st or 2nd liner.

10 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

He certainly isn't hurting the team, but I believe Pearson might be as important or even more so.  He's a 3rd liner thats putting up a lot of points.  Monohans production is more expected of a 1st or 2nd liner.

Pearson has been very good, but Monahan has been huge so far.

1 minute ago, BCHabnut said:

Allen is having another game. This team sure allows high danger chances

They do, but at the same time, they are far better than last year at taking away the pass.  So at least Allen can focus on the shooter in a high-danger spot, instead of the shooter and a potential pass.  Baby steps.

7 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

They do, but at the same time, they are far better than last year at taking away the pass.  So at least Allen can focus on the shooter in a high-danger spot, instead of the shooter and a potential pass.  Baby steps.

That's a good point. 

13 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I'm not even sure the Keller hit on Matheson should of been a penalty.

I believe that statement is more applicable to WiFi's x-checking penalty.  The ref should have given the Yotes player 1 too.  

1 minute ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I believe that statement is more applicable to WiFi's x-checking penalty.  The ref should have given the Yotes player 1 too.  

Pretty sure that was the make-up call for the Keller penalty.

• Like 1

I thought Slaf made a few decent plays in the third. Granted, the standard for him is so low that a few decent plays constitute a step in the right direction. He's still so raw, but he seems noticeably less clueless than he was last year. It'll be a long runway for him; we're really targeting five years down the line.

A regulation loss is not bad in the scheme of things. At least we're not getting walloped like the Sharks.

21 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Why does Marty continue to keep Newhook, Slaf, Anderson together?

I know the RHP injury caused some changes there but seriously Marty the second line is terrible and you need to do something about it. 

Coincidentally, Arpon Basu posted a story on The Athletic yesterday about playing with balance and how he wants all four lines to have a balanced attack (and defence). The second line is the one that’s struggling with this.

St. Louis said he remains confident in the line and is going to stick with it. And he refused to isolate Slafkovský from his linemates. The line needs to be better, and he will continue working on how it can get better. And once the line is playing more within the structure of how the team plays, and if Slafkovský continues to struggle at that point, then maybe the questions on his game will be more justified.

But for now, he is just one part of a more general problem with his more veteran linemates.

So, he is not about to change this.