2024 NHL Entry Draft

1 hour ago, Neech said:

Mock drafts appear to be all over the place as far as the top forwards go. After Celebrini, it's usually Eiserman or Lindstrom in some order. 

It also looks like a lot of good defensemen available which means hopefully a top notch forward falls to the Habs.  Losing to San Jose at home, although only 1 game, makes one think a bottom 10 finish is definitely in the cards. 

Craig’s List: Dominant defencemen set to take over 2024 NHL Draft | TSN

39 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

It also looks like a lot of good defensemen available which means hopefully a top notch forward falls to the Habs.  Losing to San Jose at home, although only 1 game, makes one think a bottom 10 finish is definitely in the cards. 

Craig’s List: Dominant defencemen set to take over 2024 NHL Draft | TSN

We're already in position for a bottom 10 finish, but we have the 5th worst goal differential. I'd feel good about our pick if it landed at #5-6.

3 minutes ago, Neech said:

We're already in position for a bottom 10 finish, but we have the 5th worst goal differential. I'd feel good about our pick if it landed at #5-6.

Agreed, #5-6# would be good, I can see Buffalo and Minnesota passing the Habs but likely nobody else. I never thought Ottawa would be this bad. 

Lindstrom would be really nice but likely gone before the Habs draft.  Catton seems more likely, he reminds me of Elias Pettersson. 

Cayden Lindstrom | Cayden Lindstrom Profile | Cayden Lindstrom Scouting Report 2024 (mynhldraft.com)

Berkly Catton | Berkly Catton Profile | Berkly Catton Scouting Report 2024 (mynhldraft.com)

10 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Agreed, #5-6# would be good, I can see Buffalo and Minnesota passing the Habs but likely nobody else. I never thought Ottawa would be this bad. 

Lottery

Lottery

Lottery

Lottery

Lottery

Lottery

Lottery

Lottery

Lottery

😜 😆

I am not joining team tank yet.

and I much rather be apathetic and disinterested this season than a harsh critic

I said I would not judge the rebuild until next season.

But I am starting to get tired of MSL’s musing and his aversion to requiring work-ethic and discipline. Too many players are just darn soft

I don't think anybody here is joining team tank, just being realistic about where the Habs are likely to finish and looking ahead to who might be a good choice in the upcoming draft. 

Sure the Habs have sucked some nights but I think overall the work ethic has been there. I still think Marty is the right guy, he just needs a little more to work with especially up front. I have said this many times before but the injury to Dach was a killer, robbed the Habs of a chance to put together a really good 2nd line. 

12 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

... I still think Marty is the right guy, he just needs a little more to work with especially up front ...

I still think he needs a veteran assistant/consultant to support him ... The summer after MSL was hired I believe he tried to get Torts to join him in some capacity but JT had the Philadelphia job lined up, or at least was trying for it.

30 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I don't think anybody here is joining team tank, just being realistic about where the Habs are likely to finish and looking ahead to who might be a good choice in the upcoming draft. 

Sure the Habs have sucked some nights but I think overall the work ethic has been there. I still think Marty is the right guy, he just needs a little more to work with especially up front. I have said this many times before but the injury to Dach was a killer, robbed the Habs of a chance to put together a really good 2nd line. 

Dach is absolutely the worst injury, no doubt about that.

Add in Newhook, Pearson, and Dvorak and we are missing the entire 2nd line and the #3 centre.  Thats devastating to any team.

Habs will probably be picking one of these, right?

Dont read too much into NHL Central Scouting.  Its often quite poor for predicting.  Its also a stupid setup to separate Europe and NA, just silliness in 2024.  

Eiserman as the 8th best NA skater is also a joke 

8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Aatos Koivu is probably a late 3rd or 4th round type of talent at this point.

Nevertheless - I love Saku Koivu and would love for his son to become part of the organization. 

16 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Aatos Koivu is probably a late 3rd or 4th round type of talent at this point.

7 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Nevertheless - I love Saku Koivu and would love for his son to become part of the organization. 

The Habs do already have their own 3rd&4th, and an extra 3rd (Wild via Caps)........

18 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Its also a stupid setup to separate Europe and NA, just silliness in 2024.  

I agree, I never understood why they separate them. I really don't think teams care whether a player is from Finland or Minnesota, especially when sometimes you get a US player refusing to player for a certain team in the US, can't think of a recent example but I am sure there is one. LOL

58 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Its also a stupid setup to separate Europe and NA, just silliness in 2024.  

I expect it may be because they have distinct groups of scouts covering the two "regions" ... since they are merely providing a service for NHL teams to consider, they see no need for them to have the additional debates necessary to integrate the lists.

It was initially established as a cost-savings tool for NHL teams in 1975 ... I wonder if it really has any worthwhile role any longer.

3 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I expect it may be because they have distinct groups of scouts covering the two "regions" ... since they are merely providing a service for NHL teams to consider, they see no need for them to have the additional debates necessary to integrate the lists.

It was initially established as a cost-savings tool for NHL teams in 1975 ... I wonder if it really has any worthwhile role any longer.

Now that makes sense. 

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Yes, but this is why I said its silly to keep doing this in 2024 when there is so much video available, and meeting via zoom is so easy. 

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

you make so much sense. Thanks for sharing

• 2 weeks later...