Left Defence Right Defence
#8 Mike Matheson #21 Kaiden Guhle
#72 Arber Xhekaj #58 David Savard
$54 Jordan Harris #26 Johnny Kovacevic

Starter Backup
#35 Samuel Montembeault #34 Jake Allen

Stolen from Habs Eye on the Prize.

• Upvote 1

I'm somewhat torn for the outcome of this game.  I certainly want to Habs to draft higher than the Yotes but I definitely don't want to see the Habs lose 6 in a row.  

The Habs are up by 1 on Armia's goal from a nice pass by Newhook on the rush.  They need to do more rushes like that, they are basically built to be fast and skilled to specifically to do that.

13 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I'm somewhat torn for the outcome of this game.  I certainly want to Habs to draft higher than the Yotes but I definitely don't want to see the Habs lose 6 in a row.  

I feel the same way. What will happen will happen. I expect a Habs win, Monty looks good tonight. 

A frustrating first period for me despite Montreal having the lead.  Can someone please remind the Habs that, you know, shooting the puck every now and then would be useful?  They have it in their heads that they must complete several passes before thinking of attempting a shot and keep passing their way out of shooting areas. 

9 minutes ago, Neech said:

Habs getting dominated on the shot clock but winning undeservedly.

Will the law of averages make an appearance tonight after the Habs lost some games they arguably should have won?

On the bright side, nice to get the win for the home fans - we could easily lose another five straight with our difficult upcoming schedule. Happy for Suze to get the empty netter and for Slaf to send that guy flying. Slaf is still late on many of his reads, but that's something I expect he'll continue to improve upon. 

Armia has been really solid for several weeks now. Maybe Pearson's goal will wake him up and he'll get some interest at the deadline.

15 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

A losing streak ends tonight…Arizona is on a longer losing streak so perhaps they need it more. 

Having Arizona pass the Habs in the standings would be okay 

Yup, Coyotes suck.

Looked like an AHL team.

Evans(3 shots)/Armia(4 shots) 2pts each

Caufield just 1 shot, shut down by a crappy team.

"10 Thoughts
1) A concern that I had early and often in the opening frame was that the Habs were getting way too cute, the top line in particular.  There are no style points nor do you get bonus points for fancy passes or completing a bunch of passes before shooting.  If you’re trying no-look drop passes in the slot, something is wrong.  Someone needs to start shooting the puck.  Montreal had ten shot attempts in the opening 20 minutes.  Not shots on goal, shot attempts.  Against a team that hasn’t won in more than a month, that’s categorically unacceptable."

10 Thoughts: Montembeault Shuts Down Coyotes – HabsWorld.net

Guhle was -2 but i still liked how he worked hard defending around Montembeault, 24:09.

Harris must be happy to get 2 points and 17:34.

Armia averages 14.4g/82games, seems will end up around his norm at end of year.

Roy continues to make some smart plays with puck and doing well.

• Upvote 1

On 2/28/2024 at 10:39 AM, DON said:

Armia averages 14.4g/82games, seems will end up around his norm at end of year.

0.0/82 before being sent to Laval and 21.6/82 after being recalled. In retrospect, it was a brilliant move. Armia is only six goals away from his career high.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tomh009 said:

0.0/82 before being sent to Laval and 21.6/82 after being recalled. In retrospect, it was a brilliant move. Armia is only six goals away from his career high.

Hopefully some other GM believes this will last ... because I don't.

2 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

You don't believe Armia is finally reaching his potential?  How skeptical.  LOL

Kinda assume upcoming UFAs Armia-Savard-Dvorak-Allen-Evans be much more tradable next deadline.

Armia has looked pretty good since return from AHL and maybe some GM might like him?