Game 68 - Canadiens @ Oilers - March 19 - 9 p.m. (EDT)

GHT120

Give em hell!:gohabsgo:

Canadiens Statistics Oilers
25-31-11 Record 40-21-4
45.0% (28th) Scoring-chances-for % 56.1% (2nd)
2.72 (27th) Goals per game 3.52 (4th)
3.43 (26th) Goals against per game 2.83 (9th)
18.4% (23rd) PP% 26.6% (2nd)
75.4% (27th) PK% 79.9% (14th)
0-0-1 Head-to-Head Record 1-0-0

Canadiens @ Oilers: Game preview, and how to watch (habseyesontheprize.com)

7 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Anderson with the turnover but Guhle just kind of froze and watched McDavid be McDavid. 

That he did. He looked stunned!

Still down 1-0 halfway through the game but I'm quite pleased with how they are playing. Will watch this power play in the faint hope of seeing them score, and then it's time for me to zzzz.

Shots just 17-17

2-0 isnt quite a done deal, would be a great comeback or to see a couple goals at least.

Armia 6 shots

Suzuki/Caufield 0 shots

I'm sorta bummed they picked up a point but they out played the Oils so they were fortunate that they didn't get 2 points.  The Oils G really kept them in the game.

Luckily, CBJ also picked up a point.  Surprisingly, CBJ have closed the gap so hopefully they too will manage to over take the Habs by the time the season is over.

On McDavid's goal once Guhle bent down and attempted to block the shot he had no chance stopping him.   Guhle did make a mistake on that play but I'd still say he played 1 of the best games I've seen him play.  

49 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Habs played a terrific game, tough penalty on Armia. I thought Evans and Armia were tremendous tonight. Oilers were fortunate to win. 

Armia can certainly be frustrating at times and I understand why many want to get rid of him but I still wouldn't necessarily dump him.  He has decent size and tends to come alive in the playoffs.  I'm thinking that might actually a be a factor next season.  

Game stats show the usual Suzuki, Slafkovsky at the top but Xhekaj had an amazing game. 

Game stats also continue to show that Matheson is either at the top of the stats or at the bottom. He never has a mediocre game, it’s either great or terrible. 

IMG_0331.jpeg

10 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Habs played a terrific game, tough penalty on Armia. I thought Evans and Armia were tremendous tonight. Oilers were fortunate to win. 

Evans was very noticeable in a good way.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Evans was very noticeable in a good way.

like I've posted before, I consider Evans part of my core for the rebuild

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Game stats show the usual Suzuki, Slafkovsky at the top but Xhekaj had an amazing game. 

Game stats also continue to show that Matheson is either at the top of the stats or at the bottom. He never has a mediocre game, it’s either great or terrible. 

Arber is a keeper!!  At some point the Habs will have a decision to make on what defensemen to keep and he is not going anywhere.