Lane Hutson joining the Habs (3 years ELC @ $950K AAV)

10 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I don't think he plays Saturday, but I think he'll play both Detroit games. 

I agree, I think he watches the game from the press box Saturday and plays the double header vs Detroit

34 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I think we are all looking forward to see whether his unique skills translate to the NHL level. Here's hoping. 

Although I am dying to see with the Habs I don't overly want to see him play this year.  The Habs don't need any more points plus it is his brothers draft year and I want the Habs to draft him.  If other GM's don't see Lane play in the NHL they might have 0 interest in Cole.  If Lane plays and does great that could increase Cole's draft rank.  I'm hoping Cole is still available so the Habs can draft him with their 2nd rnd pick vs using the Jets 1st rnd pick. 

14 minutes ago, Neech said:

I hope he doesn't get clobbered.

I had a similar concern about Caufield and he is fine. Yes Caufield does get clobbered sometimes but he has managed his stature all his life. 

I expect Hutson to be okay in that area but I’m unsure if he can get away with some of his high danger manoeuvres. 

1 hour ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

If other GM's don't see Lane play in the NHL they might have 0 interest in Cole.  If Lane plays and does great that could increase Cole's draft rank.  I'm hoping Cole is still available so the Habs can draft him with their 2nd rnd pick vs using the Jets 1st rnd pick. 

I don't expect 2 games by Lane will have any impact on Cole's draft positioning ... I also don't expect Lane to get anything more than a "dipping a toe in the shallow end" in terms of TOI these two games.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I had a similar concern about Caufield and he is fine. Yes Caufield does get clobbered sometimes but he has managed his stature all his life. 

I expect Hutson to be okay in that area but I’m unsure if he can get away with some of his high danger manoeuvres. 

A lot easier to avoid contact as a winger than a defenseman. Is Lane going to clear the front of the net?

It's funny how this goes. For some time, I've been excited about what I've heard about Hutson. He seems like a 'Quinn Hughes A' type, not a franchise player like Hughes but potentially a truly elite offensive defenceman. Now that he is on the Habs, my optimism immediately shriveled into anxiety: "What if he disappoints? What if he's overwhelmed?" Etc. Fan neurosis brought about by too many disappointing prospects over the years, I suppose.

• Like 1

Hilarious that anyone would even believe that two NHL games by Lane Hutson would effect Cole Hutson's draft stock. 

Just cause they are brothers doesn't mean they are the same.  

Marcel Hossa isn't Marian. Jared Staal isn't his brothers. Alex Nylander isn't William.  Valeri Bure wasn't Pavel.  Sylvain Turgeon wasn't Pierre. Matt Strome wasn't his brothers. Jordan Subban wasn't PK. Ryan Suzuki is a bust. How many more examples do we need before we scout each individual player and not their relatives. 

Marty was never a d-man, so not quite protégé-mentor thing.

Marty was just a forward... easiest position in hockey to play.:devil:

• tomh009 changed the title to Lane Hutson joining the Habs (3 years ELC @ $950K AAV)