Game 81 - Montréal vs Detroit - 7:00 pm - April 15, 2024

GHT120

Some unknown rookie supposedly playing tonight.

More details when available.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Detroit is going to crush us tonight. 

I wouldn't bet on that.  The Habs are playing loose right now and giving everybody trouble.  Detroit had a very emotional win against the Leafs and may have a letdown or take the Habs lightly. The pressure is all on Detroit. I think the 1st goal is key.  If the Habs score first then I think Detroit is in trouble. 

If the Habs win tonight then they likely also win tomorrow night as Detroil will be completely demoralized. 

Here’s the projected lineup against the Wings:

Forwards
22 Caufield - 14 Suzuki - 20 Slafkovsky

11 Gallagher - 15 Newhook - 40 Armia

49 Harvey-Pinard - 71 Evans - 17 Anderson

55 Pezzetta - 28 Dvorak - 56 Ylönen

Defensemen
8 Matheson - 52 Barron

54 Harris - 26 Kovacevic 

48 Hutson - 58 Savard

Goalies
35 Montembeault

30 Primeau

2 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I wouldn't bet on that.  The Habs are playing loose right now and giving everybody trouble.  Detroit had a very emotional win against the Leafs and may have a letdown or take the Habs lightly. The pressure is all on Detroit. I think the 1st goal is key.  If the Habs score first then I think Detroit is in trouble. 

If the Habs win tonight then they likely also win tomorrow night as Detroil will be completely demoralized. 

You could be right. Supposedly teams love playing spoiler. The Habs might actually be motivated, who knows 

2 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Hopefully Detroit wants the playoffs more than the Habs want to be a spoiler. 

I think we will probably need Detroit to be successful for the next two games 

5 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Hopefully Detroit wants the playoffs more than the Habs want to be a spoiler. 

I think we will probably need Detroit to be successful for the next two games 

I have no doubt Detroit wants the playoff more than the Habs want to be a spoiler BUT wanting something too bad can cause you to grip your stick a little tighter than you normally would. Sometimes it's easier to play when you have no pressure. I think it will be a close game with Detroit winning 5-3 (empty net goal). 

• GHT120 changed the title to Game 81 - Montréal vs Detroit - 7:00 pm - April 15, 2024

How will the wee fellow do?

Will the Wings wingers go wide and take him hard to the net?

Will they dump puck into his corner and try and put him though the end boards?

I like Savard as his partner, to start anyways.

30 minutes ago, DON said:

Unless the Habs take a lot of penalties, this is likely one of Savard's lower TOI games of this season ... and Harris/Kovacevic get quite a bit more than their usual 16-17 minutes per game ... but worth it to protect/insulate Hutson.

30 minutes ago, DON said:

I think Savard is the obvious partner right now for Hutson, an experienced, stay at home guy who is good at mentoring. I certainly don't think 2 games will tell the tale of how effective Hutson will be but it might provide some clues. Hopefully the kid has fun and isn't afraid to try things. 

Nice to see Gallagher score, maybe he will get a hatty tonight. Just awesome!  Why draft 5th when you have a chance at 7th?  Don't mind me, just rambling, I don't expect the players to quit. Actually 14 goals is not a terrible year for Gallagher, still obviously vastly overpaid but he is out there working. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I could very well be right but I want to be wrong. 

Habs are playing a very good game so far. So you are likely right 

Impressed with how well Hutson reads and reacts to the play and he is a dynamo in the Ozone, just balls to the wall 

9 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Habs are playing a very good game so far. So you are likely right 

Impressed with how well Hutson reads and reacts to the play and he is a dynamo in the Ozone, just balls to the wall 

If the Habs win tonight they will almost for sure win tomorrow night as the Wings will be totally deflated. 

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Unless the Habs take a lot of penalties, this is likely one of Savard's lower TOI games of this season ... and Harris/Kovacevic get quite a bit more than their usual 16-17 minutes per game ... but worth it to protect/insulate Hutson.

Halfway through the game, Hutson-Savard is at almost 10 minutes TOI, in spite of a PK for Savard.

I wish they’d play Hutson more when the Suzuki line is on

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I could very well be right but I want to be wrong. 

So far you're looking pretty right.

Just watching some highlights...Hutson's first assist was SWEET.

Big nights for Gally and Evans, but it also looks to me like Anderson is having an excellent game.

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

This was a logical guess but it's playing out the other way.  Savard is already just under 17 minutes, leading both teams by a fair bit.