Line combinations?

SOOPAVILLIN

Pleks vanishes when the going gets tough. Not captain material IMO.

He had one really bad playoffs where his comment was fair. After that, he has been one of their better playoff guys - he tied for the team lead in playoff points last year and was second the time before while lining up against the oppositions' top lines. His playoff PPG total is just lower than his regular season one (.634 vs .648). That's not disappearing when the going gets tough. That's not necessarily rising to the occasion either, just steady as she goes.

He had one really bad playoffs where his comment was fair. After that, he has been one of their better playoff guys - he tied for the team lead in playoff points last year and was second the time before while lining up against the oppositions' top lines. His playoff PPG total is just lower than his regular season one (.634 vs .648). That's not disappearing when the going gets tough. That's not necessarily rising to the occasion either, just steady as she goes.

Or simply working harder defending higher quality top opposing lines in playoffs (which is his #1 role).

Some changes today at practice:

White's skating on the 5th line, Eller moves to the 4th alongside Moen and Weise, while Galchenyuk is now at C on the 3rd line with Gionta and Bourque. Also, Murray's with Weaver and Tinordi is the #7.

Some changes today at practice:

White's skating on the 5th line, Eller moves to the 4th alongside Moen and Weise, while Galchenyuk is now at C on the 3rd line with Gionta and Bourque. Also, Murray's with Weaver and Tinordi is the #7.

Why does MT have to keep juggling the lines? They've won three out of four. Adding another replacement level defenseman in Murray doesn't make this team any better.

That's THREE replacement level (#6/#7) defensemen in. You don't win with a defense like that. Reminds me of Sopel and Mara on the same pairing three years ago.

I'll be really disappointed if Tinordi gets cast aside again for Murray.

I also don't see how Eller gets a demotion after one of his best games of the year. We know Galchenyuk at C won't last very long with Therrien this season, and it looks like an excuse to shoehorn Bourque into the lineup. That said, maybe we want him for the playoffs.

11 games to get all sorted out before real season starts.

All the more reason to be getting chances to Tinordi and Beaulieu. Tinordi should be in against the leafs tomorrow, to get used to the high pressure situation.

All the more reason to be getting chances to Tinordi and Beaulieu. Tinordi should be in against the leafs tomorrow, to get used to the high pressure situation.

I would have Tinordi in every game for next 20 years, he will occasionally f-up for next couple years as all young d-do; but love his wingspan reach and 'relative quickness' for a big growing kid, he is natural leader and with Prust gone, he is one who is not scared to drop em, or go for the big hit.

Beaulieu may be a better NHLer than AHLer, got to love his quickness, confidence and puck skills.

But can you afford to have 2 raw rookie d-men in top 6?

I would have Tinordi in every game for next 20 years, he will occasionally f-up for next couple years as all young d-do; but love his wingspan reach and 'relative quickness' for a big growing kid, he is natural leader and with Prust gone, he is one who is not scared to drop em, or go for the big hit.

Beaulieu may be a better NHLer than AHLer, got to love his quickness, confidence and puck skills.

But can you afford to have 2 raw rookie d-men in top 6?

I'd play Tinordi every game until the end of the year and play Beaulieu for 4 to 5 games. I remember the habs won the cup with a very young Chelios and Kurvers who were practically a rookie, even though he first played the previous year.

I think we have a better chance with Tinordi who is physical and can move the puck then playing Murray. I also think that getting Beaulieu in the playoffs will help us in the long run, over playing Bouillon.

I remember the habs won the cup with a very young Chelios and Kurvers who were practically a rookie,

Yes, I almost posted that the other day. I was thinking the same. My only concern is that it seem slike Beaulieu seems to have a bot of an entitlement... One of the french commentators on the (I think it was Danny Dube) was mentioning how Beaulieu seems to think he doesn' have anyting more to learn in the AHL and that is why he has not been giving it 100% lately.

I have not checked how Beaulieu has been playing inthe minors, but this comment would explain why he has not been called up.

Yes, I almost posted that the other day. I was thinking the same. My only concern is that it seem slike Beaulieu seems to have a bot of an entitlement... One of the french commentators on the (I think it was Danny Dube) was mentioning how Beaulieu seems to think he doesn' have anyting more to learn in the AHL and that is why he has not been giving it 100% lately.

I have not checked how Beaulieu has been playing inthe minors, but this comment would explain why he has not been called up.

When he got sent back down, he dogged it, plain and simple. He also apparently told the Sportsnet commentators about how he was going to be brought back after the Olympics. He went down with the wrong mindset (strike 1), a sense of entitlement (strike 2), and went back into bad habits (strike 3). There's no circumstance to justify bringing him up for the rest of the year, you can't reward Beaulieu for how he responded to the demotion. If they need a young D, take Pateryn (who frankly deserves a chance anyways).

When he got sent back down, he dogged it, plain and simple. He also apparently told the Sportsnet commentators about how he was going to be brought back after the Olympics. He went down with the wrong mindset (strike 1), a sense of entitlement (strike 2), and went back into bad habits (strike 3). There's no circumstance to justify bringing him up for the rest of the year, you can't reward Beaulieu for how he responded to the demotion. If they need a young D, take Pateryn (who frankly deserves a chance anyways).

I think this is bang on, and maybe is an indicator of why management seems down on Beaulieu at times, attitude. Wouldn't Pateryn fit the Habs needs better than Beaulieu this year anyway? Right shot and more physical, and frankly has been better than Beaulieu on the farm all year being more dependable. At any rate, I think Tinordi and Pateryn both would be better than Cube and Murray most nights. Gorges will be back for playoffs as well, if we make it....

But when he never should have been demoted in the first place...

I thought he played relatively well with the Habs but certainly not well enough to the point where I'd be happy with leaving him up for 17 days doing next to nothing during the Olympic break. He's a young player, he needed to play and he still has a lot to work on yet.

Guest Stogey24

I really like Beaulieu and I do wish he was given a longer look with the big club. I know nothing about player development, but I do think Montreal handles some of their prospects poorly. I understand Leblanc has shit the bed in Hamilton, but he should have been given a solid look straight out of camp this year. The kids been stuck in Hamilton playing with turds a lot of the time.

I really like Beaulieu and I do wish he was given a longer look with the big club. I know nothing about player development, but I do think Montreal handles some of their prospects poorly. I understand Leblanc has shit the bed in Hamilton, but he should have been given a solid look straight out of camp this year. The kids been stuck in Hamilton playing with turds a lot of the time.

Bournival played 2 games, his line had bunch shots/scoring chances in first game and he instantly raised both linemates play, then he gets a breakaway and draws penalty shot. He makes stuff happen and creates his own opportunities, Leblanc just dosent seem in same calibre as Bournival, why he hasn't improved I think is 99% between his ears. Maybe he is pissed off, not hungry enough, too slow a skater, too soft, or combo of things, but not so much because of who he is playing with?

• 8 months later...

I really like the lines and hope Therrien sticks to see if the chemistry is there.

The top line is gonna lose some faceoffs. It's okay because all three can steal pucks and transition quickly. You'll lose an offensive zone faceoff from time to time while Galchenyuk learns his trade but eventually he's gonna win more and the line can get the puck back into the zone by carrying it anyway. All three can carry the puck. That's a plus when Markov and Subban are carrying from the back as well.

Sekac with Plekanec is great. I'd prefer PAP there because I liked seeing him with Plekanec but Ghetto has a great chance to make an impression.

Bournival is gonna have fire and DD and PAP could use that.

A real fourth line with Prust and Weise with Malhotra can create some plays and kill time while the top nine rests.