Subban traded to Nashville

dlbalr

A couple Carey Price quotes about Weber:

Hes obviously a big presence on the ice, Price told TSN in a video interview. I know him very well, obviously, living in the same town. Ive known him for a few years now and hes a very strong character guy. Hes going to bring a lot to our hockey team."

"Im definitely happy to have a guy like that in front of me, added Price, who has fully recovered from a knee injury that sidelined him most of last season. Like I said, hes a big presence on the ice and off the ice. He makes it difficult to play against every night and Im looking forward to seeing him in front of me, thats for sure.

Apparently you guys didn't read the article, as I simply highlighted the points that were written directly from an actual hockey player. I posted it to show the difference in thinking between someone on the ice and those sitting on their couch.

Whoops, missed that point - my bad.

How many game winning goals has Weber scored in the playoffs vs subban? How many playoff wins have weber's teams had vs subban?? Subban wins.

I can tell your definition of a game changer is very specific. I get the definition as well but I can assure you when Weber blasts a PP goal top shelf late in a 2-2 game, he will be a game changer as well.

Bringing the fans to the edge of their seats due to an amazing stride doesn't equate to game changer. I've been through the big moments he's had as well but how many times do these monumental plays lead to a different outcome in the game? 5 times a season? Oh no, Weber only changes the result 4 times a season with an individual effort. Bad trade.

Last season's GWG:

Shea Weber: 1

PK Subban: 0

That stat makes both arguments look bad because I'm thinking a game changer should have at least one. On the other hand, Weber should have more as well out of his 20 goals.

I know, but Subban had 30 game winning assists out of our 31 wins! (Sarcasm) Game changer!

How many game winning goals has Weber scored in the playoffs vs subban? How many playoff wins have weber's teams had vs subban?? Subban wins.

Playoff GWG's for Weber? 2 (both in 2015-16). For Subban? 1 (from 2013-14). Yes, Subban does take the playoff wins category though. So you're half correct.

Playoff GWG's for Weber? 2 (both in 2015-16). For Subban? 1 (from 2013-14). Yes, Subban does take the playoff wins category though. So you're half correct.

Lol it was a valiant effort though

I also didn't realize that one player makes a team win. How many playoff wins does John Tavares have? How many does Andrew Shaw have? Suppose we have the better player by that logic

A couple Carey Price quotes about Weber:

Hes obviously a big presence on the ice, Price told TSN in a video interview. I know him very well, obviously, living in the same town. Ive known him for a few years now and hes a very strong character guy. Hes going to bring a lot to our hockey team."

"Im definitely happy to have a guy like that in front of me, added Price, who has fully recovered from a knee injury that sidelined him most of last season. Like I said, hes a big presence on the ice and off the ice. He makes it difficult to play against every night and Im looking forward to seeing him in front of me, thats for sure.

But the Corsi...what about the Corsi! :rastapop:

Did ya see what he did there, he tossed a nice fat fact out there...Weber twice as many GWGs, just last year and Subban has ZERO since 2011. Do I need to add WEBER WINS!!!? No, OK I wont.

Don't worry, he will grow on you 29 and you soon forget who even wore #76 (unless a rookie or prospect grabs that # this year).

A couple more interesting facts in regards to Webers Norris placing.

His two 2nd place finishes in 2011 and 2012 are the closest in Norris history.

2011 - Nicklas Lidstrom 58% Shea Weber 57.2%

2012 - Erik Karlson 71.7% Shea Weber 70.9 %

A couple more interesting facts in regards to Webers Norris placing.

His two 2nd place finishes in 2011 and 2012 are the closest in Norris history.

2011 - Nicklas Lidstrom 58% Shea Weber 57.2%

2012 - Erik Karlson 71.7% Shea Weber 70.9 %

Yeah I remember that Lidstrom win being very generous because his name was Lidstrom. I believe he finished with a minus rating that year. Although he got screwed a few times earlier in his career from winning when I thought he should have so perhaps that was just karma kicking in.

And yes, tough luck for Weber. Could easily be a 1 or 2 time Norris winner. I'll also add that Subban is a 1 time and could have been 2 time winner as well, just so the Weber compliment doesn't get flamed.

But the Corsi...what about the Corsi! :rastapop:

What's he going to say?

"We really made the wrong move here. Marc overreacted and turned a leadership deficit into a talent deficit. What's worse is that we're on the hook for ten year of a huge contract when he'll be skating in quicksand at the start of the next decade."

Sorry Don!?

No worries commandant

That is true Will, if you look at some of those charts Lidstrom is 16 all time for top ten Norris finishes, that is really incredible especially in this day and age. One of the greats for sure. Also Chara at 10 all time is pretty impressive.

Suter was really close in his 2nd place Norris to PK in 13 as well. As others have pointed out to his Norris placing after he left Nashville.

PK has two Norris placings one 1st and another 3rd but how young he is and the skill he has I could see him adding a couple more. Still a whole lot of hockey for him to play to make his mark

That's some nice testimony by Beaulieu.

One thing to keep in mind is that no Hab is going to come out and say Subban is better than Weber. That'd be a terrible move, PR wise. That said, Beaulieu is clearly going beyond the sort of bromidal 'support for a teammate' stuff that came out of Price's mouth - he obviously believes this is an upgrade. Of course, he stands to benefit personally from the trade more than any other Hab, so there is also that to consider.

One thing to keep in mind is that no Hab is going to come out and say Subban is better than Weber. That'd be a terrible move, PR wise. That said, Beaulieu is clearly going beyond the sort of bromidal 'support for a teammate' stuff that came out of Price's mouth - he obviously believes this is an upgrade. Of course, he stands to benefit personally from the trade more than any other Hab, so there is also that to consider.

Definitely agree that Beaulieu will possibly benefit from this move more than anyone else so I believe he's legitimately excited and also may have a skewed view to an extent.

The one thing I don't like about the analytical debate is that while they are useful, they were taken while both players were on different teams. Surely Subbans analytics would have been different on a different team and perhaps even more so Weber's would be different on another team. Some teams allow 32 shots per game while taking 28 and other teams allow 27 shots per game while taking 33. That's only one example of what I'm attempting to say. Let's see what his analytics say while on the Habs.

They are definitely useful but in this case they are even more difficult to be predictive than usual.

Love Beaulieu, and not being a stat fan is fine but "I don't believe in stats" is a pretty dumb statement in my opinion hahah.

The thing with stats is they're true whether you believe them or not. Their significance could be debated I guess but facts are facts

Beaulieu is probably very excited to playing with an anchor such as Weber. It gives him the time to open up and do things he wouldn't of had a chance to do playing with PK. He also probably seen how well Josi developed while playing with him.

Also Max put out a tweet recently:

"With all the moves we made I feel a little less pressure. I have already learned a lot from Shea" - Pacioretty

this is an upgrade. Of course, he stands to benefit personally from the trade more than any other Hab, so there is also that to consider.

Nice to see you are coming around :thumbs_up: and like you, I think everyone agrees Weber is a respected dude and should be a nice mentor to Nathan and the other kids as well, unlike the guy he is replacing.

Nice to see you are coming around :thumbs_up: and like you, I think everyone agrees Weber is a respected dude and should be a nice mentor to Nathan and the other kids as well, unlike the guy he is replacing.

"Coming around" :rofl: Let me be clear: the trade is a disgusting, festering pile of elephant excrement, period.

• Upvote 1