Home Opener - Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Montreal Canadiens | October 18th, 2016 | 7:30 EST

Habsfan84

1 minute ago, Habsfan84 said:

Just uploading the game thread now

Phewww! Was just about to create another lame one, thanks 84. Hope she is a lucky one as well.

18 minutes ago, DON said:

Phewww! Was just about to create another lame one, thanks 84. Hope she is a lucky one as well.

Oh whoops didn't know anyone else was going to post one up. Your saved this time :P Look forward to seeing your GDT the next time its required

We can't lose.....

We can't lost to Mike Condon.

Beauty GDT. With no Fleury and no Crosby, we should be able to kick the bird that can't fly's  ,a$$. But we need to play somewhat better than we have for the first 2 games. Maybe the kindly old coach known as le genius could actually have this team ready to in the first period instead of the 3rd. I recall this being a real problem for the last few years. Le boys start slow, get in a hole then have to crawl out of it. Maybe all this leadership could get them ready for game time. Oh yeah and........:hyper::gohabsgo::1gohabs:

10 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

Rotoworld have Fleury as the starter.

Starter not supposed to be announced till later on is he?

Also, was mentioned on TSN690 and am curious what people here think about Pateryn being scratched after playing well, for possibly a partial PR move by inserting Sergachev, who most likely will struggle again with growing pains?

Anyways, is Pateryn getting the shaft and unfairly treated to simply allow Sergachev to get huge ovation and because his family member flew over here?

3 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Why Flynn over Carr?

Better defense and likely a better faceoff guy than any other centre on the Habs and they have sucked on the draw and has Carr stood out as much as Byron has?

Habs have a problem scoring against most goalies, AHL fringe goalies or regular NHL goalies.

I don't have a problem bringing in a couple new players into the lineup, they looked terrible most of the game against the Sens. I would have preferred a different player coming out, time will tell. Flynn was good before he was injured last year.

I know Bergevin decides who is demoted to/promoted from AHL, but does he also have a say in who is scratched from the lineup, or is that strictly a head coaches' call? 

52 minutes ago, DON said:

I know Bergevin decides who is demoted to/promoted from AHL, but does he also have a say in who is scratched from the lineup, or is that strictly a head coaches' call? 

Good question. I don't pretend to know the answer with certainty, but I believe that

a. lineup decisions are coaching decisions, except in cases where a player's contract status is relevant; but that

b. coaches and GMs are in regular communication, so it's not unlikely that GMs also get a word in from time to time, if only as sounding boards (e.g., the coach might say, 'I'm thinking of trying this..')

3 hours ago, DON said:

Starter not supposed to be announced till later on is he?

Also, was mentioned on TSN690 and am curious what people here think about Pateryn being scratched after playing well, for possibly a partial PR move by inserting Sergachev, who most likely will struggle again with growing pains?

Anyways, is Pateryn getting the shaft and unfairly treated to simply allow Sergachev to get huge ovation and because his family member flew over here?

It may not be a PR move. They may have noticed a lack of puck moving defense on the bottom pairing. With this teams speed and balance through all 4 lines, I would want puck movers on every pairing. It's why I was disappointed Barberio is gone. I don't see sergachev playing beyond his 9 games.  How is Redmond in this department? 

4 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

Rotoworld have Fleury as the starter.

Still hoping its Condon since it would be nice to see how he tries to respond against us and the goalie who replaced him. The only confirmation I've seen is from Marc-Antoine Godin of le Journal de Montreal and it seemed like more of a projection. Leftwinglock and DailyFaceoff still don't have confirmations.  Condon along with two others were the only Pens to take the optional skate this morning.

3 hours ago, Chris said:

Desharnais is ranked #83 out of 84 centers who played more 140 minutes of PP in past yr:..

Hey DD is better than one guy in the NHL, let's give him a new contract.               NOT

3 hours ago, DON said:

Therrien would have a say in players recalls as well, Bergevin wouldn't force someone up that Therrien really doesn't want to play unless it's a showcase situation.  I would imagine Therrien has the final say in scratching bottom six players; that shouldn't be something to run by a GM.

1 hour ago, BCHabnut said:

How is Redmond in this department? 

He's a somewhat mobile defender that could in theory complement Emelin.  I don't think he's a great puck mover but he'd make sense to try at some point.

21 hours ago, Habsfan84 said:

Oh whoops didn't know anyone else was going to post one up. Your saved this time :P Look forward to seeing your GDT the next time its required

Thanks 84 Nice job. :D

2 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

It may not be a PR move. They may have noticed a lack of puck moving defense on the bottom pairing. With this teams speed and balance through all 4 lines, I would want puck movers on every pairing. It's why I was disappointed Barberio is gone. I don't see sergachev playing beyond his 9 games.  How is Redmond in this department? 

Redmond is a decent puckmover, not great, but decent.