May 5, Canadiens @ Senators, 7PM EST

Trizzak

7 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Poor Kotkaniemi getting sand-bagged with two offensive black holes. Gonna be rough for him unless he has a Thanos "Fine, I'll do it myself" moment.

Funny ... that is what his wingers have been saying much of the season

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I wouldn't pick on Evans right now - he has been one of Montreal's better players lately, even in terms of offensive chances.

His last goal was on January 21st. He's a hard worker, I like him, but he's out of place anywhere but the 4th line. 

Just now, Trizzak said:

His last goal was on January 21st. He's a hard worker, I like him, but he's out of place anywhere but the 4th line. 

Neither player has scored in the last 19 games and Evans has more assists than Kotkaniemi does in that span.  Right now, neither of them are ideal scoring options but lately, Evans has done a lot more than Kotkaniemi in terms of driving the play.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Are you kidding me?  Kotkaniemi is an offensive black hole himself!

4 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Funny ... that is what his wingers have been saying much of the season

Kotkaniemi - 20 points

Evans - 10 points

Lehkonen - 9 points

I'm not saying Kotkaniemi is leagues ahead, but he's clearly not the weak link here. 

Zadina scored May 2nd

evans played in half the games and no PP time, you are reaching big time on KK

As i said at the time, you don;t draft lars eller 3rd over all 

8 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Was that Merrill with a poor decision, or was Caufield not in position?

6 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

A bit of both.  In hindsight, Merrill would have been better off eating it in the corner rather than trying to chip it out but he didn't have an outlet like he seemed to be expecting to see.

Re-wound ... both Anderson and Caufield were around the board side of the left face-off circle in theOttawa zone as the puck left the zone and Caufield did not really hustle back ... in fact, CC took the time to glance up at the clock to check how much time was left ... whether he could have made it back to the mid-boards to to support Merrill (who had his back turned when he threw the pass), or to cover the left point who took the shot that Paul tipped (if that was his coverage), is an unknown.

Alright, am I crazy?  I swear thats the 2nd time tonight that I've heard the canned fans chanting Go Habs Go.  It's a Sens home game, so the authenticity of the canned fans is on point. 

11 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Kotkaniemi - 20 points

Evans - 10 points

Lehkonen - 9 points

I'm not saying Kotkaniemi is leagues ahead, but he's clearly not the weak link here. 

8 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

That’s depressing 

Put Caufield with KK and magic will might possibly happen 

Even at 20 yrs-old, a 3rd year, third overall pick, with "projected" 1/2C talent shouldn't need a rookie with 5 games under his belt to get him going ... 

18 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

@revvvrob hopefully that is what happens. 

The Sens will have a really good team in a few years.  They've got some decent young guys now and they'll have more every year for several years.  They will probably be the next Hawks or Pens. 

They probably won't be able to keep their best players, but they're an example of a rebuild that looks to be on track, though you never know until they're actually winning.

The Habs, on the other hand, did a half-assed retool and whiffed on the key pick.  Winning the bubble play-in series and missing out on Rossi or Perfetti or whoever and ending up with Guhle might come back to bite us as well.

Jeez, they've looked dangerous in the last 2 mins.  If they can score they could do it again real quick and this could get interesting. 

or

The Sens could score again.  Crap. 

• Upvote 1

Just got home from Physio. Well I guess no comeback tonight.

3 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

We will clinch tomorrow against Toronto

The magic number is three points over Calgary and even if Calgary loses, Vancouver can mathematically catch the Habs still.  It'd take a Montreal win tomorrow along with a Vancouver loss tomorrow and a Calgary loss tonight to do it.