Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Guest Stogey24

Both Richards are waged up. Mike Richards is now a 4th line centre in LA.

Look at L.A's depth at centre. I think he's over paid, but he could still put up numbers if he was given more minutes. Not really like we need another C any ways though I guess

They were about to buy him out over the summer but he promised to work out and get in shape.

He's signed until the summer of 2020 and he's already stumbling. Think about that for a second.

Holy crow, I hadn't realized that. Crazy contract.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There are 2-3 teams who have poked around on Bourque but Montreal will likely have to take back a contract they don't want #Habs

— Andy Strickland (@andystrickland) November 20, 2014

Why trade one bad contract for another? I assume the potential acquired player will not likely have a spot on the Mtl roster if the team shipping them out wants to play Bourque. Ideally, he could be dumped for a pick but I guess that is not likely since he went unclaimed on waivers.

Why trade one bad contract for another? I assume the potential acquired player will not likely have a spot on the Mtl roster if the team shipping them out wants to play Bourque. Ideally, he could be dumped for a pick but I guess that is not likely since he went unclaimed on waivers.

I'd be fine taking a bad contract that ends this year to get rid of Bourque's contract that lasts next year. Like Tomas Fleischmann.

Does the bad contract have one less year than Bourque (expires this summer)? Does it carry a cheaper cap hit? If the answer to either of those is yes and assuming the Habs consider Bourque as deadweight, there's a reason to take one bad deal for another.

Trading Bourque for a pick is out of the question without retaining salary. A few games in Hamilton isn't enough to sway a teams' opinion on him.

Does the bad contract have one less year than Bourque (expires this summer)? Does it carry a cheaper cap hit? If the answer to either of those is yes and assuming the Habs consider Bourque as deadweight, there's a reason to take one bad deal for another.

Trading Bourque for a pick is out of the question without retaining salary. A few games in Hamilton isn't enough to sway a teams' opinion on him.

Good point. After all the NHL is a business and saving money is directly related to making money, even if the potential deal has little to no impact on the roster or the on ice performance of the team.

Bob McKenzie said that David Perron of the Edmonton Oilers is "as good as gone" in Craig MacTavish's pursuit of a top six center. Word is that he's likely to goto an Eastern Conference team.

Let that stew in your head.

Nice player, not a huge contract, am sure numerous teams would offer more than Habs might.

Mathewson wrote this morning about Eller for Perron swap as an option - not a rumour.

Bob McKenzie said that David Perron of the Edmonton Oilers is "as good as gone" in Craig MacTavish's pursuit of a top six center. Word is that he's likely to goto an Eastern Conference team.

Let that stew in your head.

I'd rather keep Eller. Eller and Patyrn for yakapov I'd be happy with.

Any Montreal fan would. Instead of getting a guy who's a year away from free agency in Perron, you're getting a player a couple years being removed from being the #1 pick, all for the extra cost of a 24 year old AHL defenceman whose ceiling is that of a #6 guy. Of course the Habs would prefer that deal...there's not a chance Edmonton would though.