Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

It's gone up. Last year reports from the yahoo hockey guy was that buffalo wanted to move Myers, but he was untradeable because of the $ and length of his contract.

The time to make that deal was mid- last year.

I don't remember which thread we were discussing it is but the price for Tyler Myers right now (for Detroit) is Dylan Larkin, Turco/Sheahan and a first round pick. Source: http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/12/the-asking-price-for-detroit-to-get-tyler-myers-is-reportedly/

In other words, a first rounder, Nikita Scherbak and like Nathan Beaulieu. Yikes!

I think that Myers will improve as soon as he gets traded, Stewart I'm not as certain. He could be Bourque, or could finally wake up after being moved as many times as he has had. Going to the sabres was not going to help him, given how bad they are.

Having said that, if we could get Myers and Stewart, for say DD, Beaulieu, Gilbert, a prospect like ghetto and a 2nd, I'd make that move.

At the end of the day we have a big dman signed through 2017 or 2018, that is a real 2nd pairing dman and Stewart for this year's playoffs, with flexibility going forward.

Address need for a big winger and dman. Not an easy move to make, because I really think Beaulieu is going to be a really good dman. But we have a window in a weak eastern conference and should go for it. If only it was easier to upgrade the coach!

The sabres may be asking for the moon for Myers, but there is a reason that a deal hasn't been made yet.

That's a lot for a guy who has six points in 28 games. On a team like Detroit, I could see him being a forty point guy, but still well below the Subbans/Webers/Doughtys of the leauge.

At the end of the day, price will come down in march. Frankly, I think they'd probably move Stewart for DD.

Because they are asking for the moon and nobody has given them an offer they are ready to settle on.

Montreal was reportedly seeking Morin out of Chi, according to Dreger at TSN, Habs and Penguins looking to land him. He goes on to say "one team" suggested a prospect would get it done....

0 pts in 15 games this season?

Guest Stogey24

Montreal was reportedly seeking Morin out of Chi, according to Dreger at TSN, Habs and Penguins looking to land him. He goes on to say "one team" suggested a prospect would get it done....0 pts in 15 games this season?

I mentioned him earlier. He's honestly sick. He plays like 10min a night on fourth line in Chicago. So dont read too much into his point totals this year.

Montreal was reportedly seeking Morin out of Chi, according to Dreger at TSN, Habs and Penguins looking to land him. He goes on to say "one team" suggested a prospect would get it done....

0 pts in 15 games this season?

Can I ask where you found the blurb about a prospect getting it done? Was it online or radio? I can find something saying that they're interested but not that bit.

As Stogey noted, there was talk about him the other day. My estimation is that the minimum return for him would be a 2nd round pick so that prospect note is particularly intriguing. Bergevin was with the Hawks at the time he was drafted (he was a scout the year before Morin was picked and a coach the year he was picked) so he may have had a hand in Chicago drafting Morin or at least a higher level of familiarity with him.

Guest Stogey24

Can I ask where you found the blurb about a prospect getting it done? Was it online or radio? I can find something saying that they're interested but not that bit.

As Stogey noted, there was talk about him the other day. My estimation is that the minimum return for him would be a 2nd round pick so that prospect note is particularly intriguing. Bergevin was with the Hawks at the time he was drafted (he was a scout the year before Morin was picked and a coach the year he was picked) so he may have had a hand in Chicago drafting Morin or at least a higher level of familiarity with him.

Hmmm. Good to know

taylor hall anyone? don't need him because we already have a top lw? Edmonton is dangling both hall and eberle. can you imagine pacioretty, galchenyuk and eberle...what?!

Eberle more than Hall. Like you said, we need to add to Max Pac, not upgrade him.

Eberle more than Hall. Like you said, we need to add to Max Pac, not upgrade him.

Dreger is saying that Hall may become available, sooner than later. You can expect the phrase " a king's ransom" to come up. Edmonton may be desperate, but they are not stupid.

Dreger is saying that Hall may become available, sooner than later. You can expect the phrase " a king's ransom" to come up. Edmonton may be desperate, but they are not stupid.

If I was GM of the Oilers, I'd be poking the Blue Jackets and saying, "You don't really want to pay Johansen all that money in two years do you? We got Taylor Hall, locked up for five years at just $2M more than what you're spending on Ryan. You have a cap to watch."

I actually know through some friends that Red Wings upper management was obsessed with Taylor Hall the year he was drafted. They would actually gut their prospect depth for him. Probably make Tatar and Mrazek the main pieces going to Edmonton and add one or two first rounders to go with it. Maybe add a Marchenko or Oullette. Detroit would fix everything Edmonton screwed up with him.

I can't wait for all the "DD + Beaulieu for Hall" posts to start up around here

LOL, good one! IF I were to chose someone from Edmonton, I'd be looking at either Eberle or Perron. I think Perron is struggling in Edmonton and it would do him some good to get out of there. The problem is that I don't know if we have anythiing that would interest the Oilers? (I should mention that there's no way MB is allowed to trade Carey, PK, Max, Chucky or Marky)

The Oilers are desperate for defence and a centre. They already have a number one center so they need #2/#3 guys. Jarred Tinordi is definitely a guy MacT would love to get.

In early December an Edmonton journalist said MacT wanted either Desharnais or Eller for Perron but Bergevin wasn't biting. Things might have changed.

• Upvote 1

According to the 1/2 wit known as Ecklund, MB wants Jordan Eberle "in the worst way". I don't give a lot of credence to EK 0 but that would be a hell of a move, depending on who we have to give up. DD and Eller?