Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I haven't seen Jagr play much this year, but I had him in my Yahoo! hockey pool :bonk: and he sure didn't do me any good! If stats are any indication, he's finally washed up. The only hope to the contrary is a turnaround under the new coach. Slim chance.

NTC aside, I can see trading Emelin...but hoo boy, that would leave a major hole on an already-problematic back end. That hole would need to be filled pronto if the team is not to suffer severely in its own end. And please don't say that Tinordi can just pop in and eat Emelin's minutes. :monkey: We'd need a solution that would actually work on planet earth.

If Jagr and his 21 points are washed up, you might not be very happy about Gallagher and his 20 points...

• Upvote 1

I think it's safe to say that even a 42 year old Jagr could help any team in a playoff run. No he isn't the player he once was, but he has had once of the most distinguished and successful careers in history.

i love him, this move i was all for since he returned to the the NHL. with that said, if we got him for free i am all good, but if we have to give up anything at all to get him then forget about it! 2 years to late if you ask me.

But would it likely improve offense?

Which is what can need a boost.

And I think it would, but what would Devils ask for?

With Perron getting a first round pick? I think Lou and many other teams are looking at their UFAs and wondering what's the highest they can ask for.

1 goal in 33 playoff games.

Jagr is still the best puck possession forward in the NHL but he's also incredibly slow. When he doesn't have the puck he's completely useless.

and last night he set's a record for the oldest guy in the NHL to score a hat trick. How about that eh?

It's pretty awesome.

Go ask a Devils fan how Jagr looks when he's on the ice and someone other than an NJ player has the puck.

There are actual Devils fans? Who knew? :rolleyes:

Why would Thomas be recalled today?

Could be a bunch of reasons. Parenteau probably is still out and Prust has had maintenance days lately as well, perhaps he's due for a game to rest. Not sure it's related to a pending trade though as some elsewhere seem to think.

Do you think Hudon will get a crack sooner or later this year (or is it dependant on whether he can start producing again, as he did in fall?)? Curious to see how he would fare.

Or they will not rush him and hold him back for full year, to make sure he can handle the physicality of pro game?

Do you think Hudon will get a crack sooner or later this year (or is it dependant on whether he can start producing again, as he did in fall?)? Curious to see how he would fare.

Or they will not rush him and hold him back for full year, to make sure he can handle the physicality of pro game?

Late in the year, he might get a look. I wouldn't expect it to happen soon though barring a rash of injuries.

Nothing really earth-shattering here but from Bruce Garrioch:

Montreal GM Marc Bergevin has been working the phones to try to get help up front. Yes, the Habs have had a great first half, but they'd still like to get a little more size among their forwards for a long playoff run. They waived blue-liner Bryan Allen and his $3.5-million contract. He was sent to the club's AHL affiliate in Hamilton and the Habs are hopeful someone will deal for him

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/01/10/vermette-a-trade-option

That excerpt makes it sound like Allen is the piece they're 'dangling' in the hope of getting size at FW back. Good luck with that. At best you'd get a Moen.

But these may be unrelated agendas: move Allen, acquire a FW.

Here's a question: what are we prepared to give up for help up front? If we move prospects/picks, that'd make the second year running that we offload meaningful future assets for immediate help. Do we have enough depth in the system to sustain such an approach? Or, in terms of the medium term, are we falling prey to short-termism? I don't have a strong opinion on the matter, but I'd be curious to hear what others think.

I don't want to keep moving future assets for rentals. I have no issue moving prospects for players that will become part of our core. Caveat is I don't want to lose Tinordi, Beaulieu, the Russian kid we drafted last summer or Mccarron.

I've been saying thus since last year, but I'd have no problem of moving other prospects and a first rounder for a Myers to solidify the top 4, or yakapov, to get another too winger.

Another intriguing move would be exploring what it eould cost to get Myers ang Grigerenko from the Sabres.

That excerpt makes it sound like Allen is the piece they're 'dangling' in the hope of getting size at FW back. Good luck with that. At best you'd get a Moen.

Here's a question: what are we prepared to give up for help up front? If we move prospects/picks, that'd make the second year running that we offload meaningful future assets for immediate help. Do we have enough depth in the system to sustain such an approach? Or, in terms of the medium term, are we falling prey to short-termism? I don't have a strong opinion on the matter, but I'd be curious to hear what others think.

Guest Stogey24

This time around I don't think it's going to be a rental Bergevin goes after.

I am definitely on board for picking up a rental for the playoffs. I think our prospect pool is deep enough to sustain any long term effects of doing so. Mind you, I don't think that MB will move any of our "core" prospects like Tinordi, Nate, Sherbak, Fucale, De la Rose or McCarron. Ship anyone else or some picks for a better chance at a run this year, we are in our window of contention right now.

It's far more likely they tell teams to take Bryan Allen back in return for whatever salary they have to take back.

For pretend/not real sake, Rangers wanted to send Martin St. Louis to the Habs. The Habs would ask the Rangers to take back Allen in order to make St. Louis fit.

Traded one lame ass Bourque (whooping 1g for Ducks so far) for Allen and now if can swap him for a cheaper AHL/NHL player would be even better.

I am sure some teams must be/will be in need of defensive depth due to injury and he will go away in next 2-6 weeks.

Wont be a big deal but maybe Bergy can get a pick in the deal?

Coyotes having a fire sale. Are going full scale rebuild. Taking calls for players. Any thoughts on who MB could made a pitch for?

There are three names of note that will likely get moved at some point and I could see the Habs inquiring about all of them:

Vermette (pending UFA, top-6 forward, Habs have been rumoured to be interested already)

Yandle (one more year at $5.25 M after this but would give them another top pairing blueliner - may not go before March 2nd though)

Michalek (pending UFA, strong stay-at-home d-man)

Interestingly enough, the Habs had two people scouting at Arizona's game yesterday.